Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos

What's worse?

You may select 1 option
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Or he is going to rant in Kenan Connection.

Just imagine how much GMATClub has become a part of our lifes. Wait till the MBA gets over, he will get back to you for all this.

These days whenever my partner sees me visiting this site, she thinks i am clubbing instead of using my time to study.

Anyways back to Whats worse?

Both are worse ....... but both happening on the same day puts the second one on top. Imagine yourself expecting some outcome with certainty and that not happening.. it is definetly THE worst.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, I would expect some serious make up compensation for those moves. That or I would take the car and leave it at your job for the night. So you would have to endure the same walk I did the night before! You have a very forgiving "partner", I would definitely be scheming in the next couple days to repay you! And if I can get a hold of him I might try to influence him to do so! :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Tell your non-denominational heterosexual life partner that if he doesn't calm down, there are at least fifteen pimply faced math dorks with soon to be manliness compensating post-MBA paychecks waiting on the internet, none of whom would know what to do with you if they had the chance.

That'll keep him in line.

Not a good idea what if she drives over the "pimply faced math dork"
and says Oh I am sorry I was multi tasking :lol:

No Offense to anybody just fun here
:P :twisted:
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Tell your non-denominational heterosexual life partner that if he doesn't calm down, there are at least fifteen pimply faced math dorks with soon to be manliness compensating post-MBA paychecks waiting on the internet, none of whom would know what to do with you if they had the chance.

Gentlemen, with those manliness-compensating post-mba paychecks, I expect a driver. Ooooh, or a Segue. That would be awesome!

BTW - my nhlp (thanks, rhyme, that my be the alternative i was hoping for) really thinks that driving away while he was trying to close the door is worse than forgetting to tell him the whereabouts of the car. I'm flakey about stuff like that; he's used to not being able to find stuff 'cause I put it somewhere new. It's common etiquette to actually let people leave the car before you cruise away.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
The vote on this is going completely wrong. One is nearly killing the guy, the other is getting him some much needed exercise to avoid him killing himself through obesity.

Possibly.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
The vote on this is going completely wrong. One is nearly killing the guy, the other is getting him some much needed exercise to avoid him killing himself through obesity.

Possibly.

One is quick poison other is a slow one :lol: :twisted:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:

Gentlemen, with those manliness-compensating post-mba paychecks, I expect a driver.

Not a multi tasking driver I hope :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Gentlemen, with those manliness-compensating post-mba paychecks, I expect a driver. Ooooh, or a Segue. That would be awesome!

BTW - my nhlp (thanks, rhyme, that my be the alternative i was hoping for) really thinks that driving away while he was trying to close the door is worse than forgetting to tell him the whereabouts of the car. I'm flakey about stuff like that; he's used to not being able to find stuff 'cause I put it somewhere new. It's common etiquette to actually let people leave the car before you cruise away.

On a more serious note, if your NHLP is seriously in need of a "conversation" abuot this, you should dump him right now. You accidentally drove away, and you got too busy with other things to remember mentioning where the car was. If he can't cope with that without having a "conversation", he's psychotic and I can set you up with a "hawt vegan womyn" or a "red head math whiz".

On the other hand, if this NHLP doesn't exist and you are making him up in order to make sure all the INTERNAUGHT stalkers dont find you, next time, make him a bit more manly. Right now he's totally "wiccan female".
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
rhyme wrote:

On a more serious note, if your NHLP is seriously in need of a "conversation" abuot this, you should dump him right now. You accidentally drove away, and you got too busy with other things to remember mentioning where the car was. If he can't cope with that without having a "conversation", he's psychotic and I can set you up with a "hawt vegan womyn" or a "red head math whiz".

On the other hand, if this NHLP doesn't exist and you are making him up in order to make sure all the INTERNAUGHT stalkers dont find you, next time, make him a bit more manly. Right now he's totally "wiccan female".

Oh, lord no, of course not! He thinks the whole thing is really funny. He's very easy-going, which is good 'cause I'm like a chihuahua on speed most of the time. When we got up this morning, I showed him the responses. Rhyme, you get the funniest award. He LOL'ed when he saw what you said. I don't know which part he liked best - the nhlp, the math dorks, or the "wouldn't know what to do."

And he's about 6'2" and totally ripped. Quite manly. So back off, stalkers. (Right, squali?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
let me preface by saying that i'm a girl so perhaps my perception of this is a bit skewed :wink:

i think the driving away bit was just an accident. i probably would have been irked but not mad about it hours later. i probably would give him $hit for it for a while though. that's always fun :P

but the car not being there and having to walk home bit. yeah i would have been REALLY pissed. maybe i'm biased, but something kinda like this happened recently. my car was in the shop so my boyfriend was being my chaffeur for a week or so. i had choir rehearsal until 10 pm, and at that time he was supposed to pick me up at a predetermined location. so 10 pm rolls around...10:15...10:30. i tried to call him many times during this half an hour, and he *finally* picks up and says "hey sorry, i'm still at my friend's house, i'm leaving now." keep in mind his friend's house is at least 35 mins away. and it's 10 degrees outside. it's way too late for me to get a ride home because everyone's gone. and i'm not really dressed for a hike home. but i walk home anyway...almost 2 miles. i was absolutely livid and we certainly had words about it. my biggest point was "ya coulda called me to let me know!!!" at least that way i could have gotten a ride home.

men. :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bulishona wrote:
let me preface by saying that i'm a girl so perhaps my perception of this is a bit skewed :wink:

i think the driving away bit was just an accident. i probably would have been irked but not mad about it hours later. i probably would give him $hit for it for a while though. that's always fun :P

but the car not being there and having to walk home bit. yeah i would have been REALLY pissed. maybe i'm biased, but something kinda like this happened recently. my car was in the shop so my boyfriend was being my chaffeur for a week or so. i had choir rehearsal until 10 pm, and at that time he was supposed to pick me up at a predetermined location. so 10 pm rolls around...10:15...10:30. i tried to call him many times during this half an hour, and he *finally* picks up and says "hey sorry, i'm still at my friend's house, i'm leaving now." keep in mind his friend's house is at least 35 mins away. and it's 10 degrees outside. it's way too late for me to get a ride home because everyone's gone. and i'm not really dressed for a hike home. but i walk home anyway...almost 2 miles. i was absolutely livid and we certainly had words about it. my biggest point was "ya coulda called me to let me know!!!" at least that way i could have gotten a ride home.

Or in this particular case...... WOMEN
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
jaynayak wrote:
bulishona wrote:

I agree .....WOMEN!!!

On either sides of the table (as this thread suggests ) they are perpetually cribbing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
jaynayak wrote:
bulishona wrote:

I agree .....WOMEN!!!

On either sides of the table (as this thread suggests ) they are perpetually cribbing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Humor no personal offenses :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Re: What's Worse? [#permalink]
Where is the third option "She posted this thing on an internet forum." Now that's a mortal sin!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Wow, I had completely forgotten about this. Poor ndhlp. He put up with a lot from me between b-school apps and b-school itself. i'm much nicer now.
GMAT Club Bot