Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [0]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would recommend against PR CATs... get MGMAT CATs instead. PR CATs math too easy, verbal unrepresentative. MGMAT CATs, Math too hard, but scoring somewhat representative, and verbal very representative.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't want to sound like MGMAT's sales person but if you are shooting for somewhat reasonable estimate of your score, go with Manhattan GMAT CATs. I personally didn't like PR CATs for a) severe punishment for getting questions wrong b) poorly written questions
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I don't want to sound like MGMAT's sales person but if you are shooting for somewhat reasonable estimate of your score, go with Manhattan GMAT CATs. I personally didn't like PR CATs for a) severe punishment for getting questions wrong b) poorly written questions

i agree that PR's Math Section really penalizes you if you get a question wrong in the beginning. It doesn't really give you a chance to "recover" so to speak. For the $$$ they aren't bad though. Everyone swears by MGMAT. The Quant will have your head spinning. It is very good practice, but at the end of the day it isn't representative of what you will see on the GMAT either.

MGMAT gives you difficult question after difficult question and never relents its fury upon you! it is pretty hard to finish the whole section on time... so in a way both PR and MGMAT fall short of representing the GMAT CAT. it is just a matter of whether you want to err on the side of caution and over prepare or not! If you have the time and money do both companies' CATs. If you have to pick one, MGMAT is more challenging... i think it depends on your level and what your goals are.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
anon is right, MGMAT will just throw 700-800 level questions at you non-stop in quant, BUT it's verbal is MUCH better thought out than PR CAT.

I'd rather work on tough math questions, not finish (and learn some neat tricks from the very very very detailed debrief after every MGMAT CAT), than work on "tough" verbal that make no sense at all.

Oh yeah, the PR math is uber-easy too, so if you miss something, your scores will probably go down dramatically like they say here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 08-19-2013
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Where can I get (or buy) Princeton Review cats? [#permalink]
Yeah MGMAT is far better than the PR tests.. I got 710 in PR but 570 in MGMAT and 610 in GMATPrep
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I highly recommend against buying PR.. I have found several mistakes in their questions already. The main problem is that they give SUCH POOR explanations of some questions (or NONE at all).
GMAT Club Bot