Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, I wouldn't do any diagnostic test or practice questions yet. You'll waste a test if you are completely unfamiliar with the GMAT.

Read through the PR book to get an overview of the test and the types of questions and traps you'll see, then take your first diagnostic to see what your strengths and weaknesses are. Then start doing practice questions, one type at a time each night for 2-3 hours. After you've done that for each question type, take your next full test.

Review that test carefully to further hone in on your weaknesses (they may be general test problems, or specific to a question type). Then continue with practice questions. I would do practice questions during the week and one full test each weekend. If you haven't downloaded the GMATPrep tests, definitely do that -- they're free from https://www.mba.com.

As you go through the OG, the questions get progressively harder, so go straight through. If you need additional practice questions, there are some great ones here in the Challenges forum. You can also get separate verbal and math workbooks (I have PR's for both and would recommend them).

There is a sticky post on the home page of this GMAT forum about how to do an error log. Peruse that...very helpful.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
where to start from ?

1st action is to buy the Official Guide and to start with it. the question are easy at the begining and become harder with the time so I think that it's the best way to be back into the high school memories in a soft way...try to master the easy concept and dont run into complex problems too fast...

Then you can start have a look at the forum, concerning the quant aspect I strongly advise you to have a look at ywilfred's excellent post https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17460

by the way, i would suggest to move his post or to do a coy of it as a sticky in the beginner section (just a suggestion :wink: )
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]