Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
There are a lot of office buildings as well which have public areas that aren't that noisy... You can try the Citicorp building (53rd and lexington) - and there is also a barnes an noble there with a few tables that you can study at OR stay in the public "atrium" part of the building.

There are several other buildings which also double as motivation ;] i know the sony building off of 5th avenue has a public space as well as the ibm builing off of 57th street... i honestly would try to go to one of these places and more often than none you can find a quiet spot.

starbucks sucks now that they started playing music that they also sell @ the counter... it's so loud and yeah, it might be okay music but when you're trying to study its a pain in the ____.

hth,
- tsd
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
[#permalink]
how do u get access to columbia's lib?

i rather study at home. privacy..i tend to scratch every now and then.

Originally posted by bmwhype2 on 26 Sep 2007, 12:37.
Last edited by bmwhype2 on 26 Sep 2007, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
LOLOL ^ Probably more feasible for most than getting into HBS. ^_^
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I say Brooklyn has the best coffee shops!

Ollies- parents come in here sometime with the brats
Height Coffee Shop- most cozy
Saje- great spot, free internet, good food, and free coffee refills!

I go to one of the above places every day! Saje has late hrs til 11:30-12. Heights til 9, Ollies til 10- but they dont have free internet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

Become president of Iran

Or pakistan. Musharaf was there in 05-06.

Btw, You can enter the engg school library with no card. You need a card to enter the building though. But there are always people around to let you in. You cannot enter the butler library or the b-school library without a card. But I am sure you can find plenty of quiet places in the campus to study.

You can try the lounges in most of the buildings. Again, if you wait for a couple of minutes, you can get in to any of these lounges even if you dont have a card.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
bmwhype2 wrote:
ioiio wrote:
kidderek wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

Become president of Iran

Or pakistan. Musharaf was there in 05-06.

Btw, You can enter the engg school library with no card. You need a card to enter the building though. But there are always people around to let you in. You cannot enter the butler library or the b-school library without a card. But I am sure you can find plenty of quiet places in the campus to study.

You can try the lounges in most of the buildings. Again, if you wait for a couple of minutes, you can get in to any of these lounges even if you dont have a card.

what's the address?

You mean the engg school building address???

I think it is Mudd Building at 120th street and amsterdam. Without a card, You would have to enter through the 116th & B'way main entrance and walk inside the campus to get to the engg building.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually today I walked passed this really comfy looking coffee/sandwich shop on Lexington and 76th or 75th, on the corner. It looks like a quiet place to study and have a coffee or tea and get some studying done.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another place I would reccommend is the Hunter College Library - in the East building I believe - on 68th street and Lexington avenue. That library is about 4 floors and if you go to some of the lower floors, you will see that it is absolutely silent there and the desks are huge - enough to spread out and tackle whatever you're persuing.

HTH,
- tsd
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is the Hunter Library open to the public?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
No it's not but I am sure you can walk in and tell them you forgot your ID or something. I am a student there but I see other people in there all the time with the 'I forgot my ID' excuse, sometimes they show their license/any other photo ID to get access.

I know this isn't a public library but I put it on the table in case anyone wanted an ultra-quiet place to study. It's worth the effort I think to use their library.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Also at BMCC if you live downtown, you only need a photo id to get into the building, and they have a quiet study room that is open til midnight and there is tons of space. I take Accounting there and I walk in and flash my drivers license.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
These are all great suggestions. Thanks guys! I'm specifically looking for places to study around Grand Central Station if anyone has them. My preference would be to find places that stay open late on weeknights.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]