Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Schools:University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Send PM
Re: Will my undergraduate GPA hamper my Chances. [#permalink]
santosg15 wrote:
Thanks a lot.thanks. answers my question.Forgot to mention I work for a Multinational fortune 500 company ,infact brand leader[say within top 5 software companies],cant mention name. I have got 4 applause awards from my superiors and a promotion from associate Engineer to Engineer in 3 years. I have organised events at office.However i have no international exposure as i work for a product development company where they dont send people abroad.

As you say i will be competing against large number of similar applicants and that too from india alone.will that affect my chances.

what kind of extra curriculars do you suggest that would improve my chances?i am think of working in missionary school for couple of weeks .should i mention that in resume as well.

Hi Santhosh,

Although the brand name of your company will definitely help, it will be more useful to show how you created impact in your position. In your case, the promotions and awards seem proof of that, and will need to be adequately described to ensure the AdCom is aware of their importance.

For activities, although working in a missionary school is a good idea, two weeks is too short to demonstrate sustained impact. I am sure you have other activities, even at work, that could help with this section. This is a great place to be different than others with the same demographic profile, and I would highly recommend that you give enough thought to it. We can set up a consultation to discuss your particular situation in further detail and brainstorm positioning relevant activities.

One of the best ways to set yourself apart, especially in this subgroup, are to demonstrate strong communication skills. From my experience with admissions, Indian engineers frequently show exemplary quantitative skills, but falter in their written and verbal communication. To ensure that you are not one of those, we can help you develop powerful essays tailored to the program and an excellent resume that showcases your achievements. I just received word that one of my prior clients got into her program and according to her, it was our interview practice that cinched the deal: "I got an email yesterday that they are offering me a spot! Thanks again for all your help with interviews. It really paid off :)"

Email us at mbaconsult@mymbaadmit.com to set up a consultation. I look forward to helping you develop an complete application for your target MBA programs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks a lot.i will certainly consider your course .
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Send PM
santosg15 wrote:
thanks a lot.i will certainly consider your course .

You are very welcome. MBA is a life changing experience, as both I and my past clients can attest. I attended Chicago Booth and was accepted to multiple top programs during my own application process. It's a long, but ultimately rewarding experience. Email us at mbaconsult@mymbaadmit.com if we can help with yours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I have a similar concern. My GPA is not horrible but also below average for top programs. Here's my profile.

29/m
*3.2/4.0 from a top 30. History Major, Geophysics minor
*Varsity Lacrosse, ROTC
*GRE: 321 (161 V, 160 Q). On the ETS converter that comes to a 680 GMAT

Work Experience : 7 Years Navy SEAL Officer. 5 Deployments to date with combat.
-Leadership in a variety of austere and high profile locations.
-Senior level coordination within DOD
-Task Unit commander in charge of $25M in equipment overseas.
-Consistent high performance in my service record. Ranked #1 of 16 peers (also SEAL Officers) on most recent eval period

Extra Curricular:
-Involved heavily in several charity foundations and recruiting campaigns in support of the SEAL community.
-Visiting speaker to my Alma Mater to speak Athletic Department on leadership and mental toughness.
-Lead food drives at work
-Volunteered at foundation events for the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Hobbies:
-Reading
-Lacrosse
-Soccer
-Golf

Future goals:
I love the experience of leading people and I have a passion for working within small teams. I also feel as if the driving forces of today's global environment are economic in nature. While I think I could find employment within the private sector by separating from the service now, I am looking for a management role. General Management seems like a great fit and I seek an MBA to cross into the private sector in a position that I think is more fitting. As for the timing, I am coming to the end of my operational leadership time and I am at the point in my career where my experience is both relevant and recent. Personally, I am also looking to provide a lifestyle more conducive to a family as opposed to the continuous deployment
My decision to take the GRE is likely to be a question. I chose to take it because I want to remain competitive for several of the fellowships offered in the service. Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School among others only accepts the GRE. This is purely to keep options open.

Summary: I feel I can articulate my leadership experience and I actively stay in touch with fellow members of my community who are now in business school. I also feel that my essays will have tangible examples of what I think ADCOMs are looking for. I will not be making a move to business school for a few years but I have spent some time getting to know the process. I will likely retake the GRE to get to the 90-92% percentile. Given what I have to work with now though, how do I look for the following schools?

HBS
Wharton
Tuck
Darden
Fuqua
Johnson
Owen
GMAT Club Bot