Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Wisconsin-Madison application help [#permalink]
Wisconsin asks pretty silly questions. I am not a big fan of budget questions either, depends on sector and job. Incidentally, many firms forbid employees to disclose budget details for good reasons.

Essay 1 is a blablah question. adcpms trying too hard
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Wisconsin, Carlson, McCombs, Ross, Stern
 Q37  V35 GMAT 2: 690  Q44  V41
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:
Wisconsin asks pretty silly questions. I am not a big fan of budget questions either, depends on sector and job. Incidentally, many firms forbid employees to disclose budget details for good reasons.

I don't think it's a silly question at all. Unique yes, but I think it's still relevant. They want to see if you've been paying attention to the business climate over the past several years. Obviously there has been much more public scrutiny into the ethical principles of business executives over the past few years (think Goldman, AIG, etc.) and they want to see your approach at reacting to the greater level of scrutiny.

As far as the budget question...they want to see your level of responsibility, but if you don't know how to respond I would ask the adcom for a detailed explanation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
I can't help with your question at all, but Wisconsin-Madison sent me a very nice care package, with a Slim Jim, organic milk, a Target dog doll, and a slew of other goodies. And for that, I thank them.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Ops/Logistics
Schools:Harvard, Ross, McCombs, Mendoza
 Q44  V42
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:

Notre Dame asked an ethics question as well.

I think ethics really is an important business issue today, particularly in finance. The banks scare me as a potential investor, because I don't know whether they're making solid decisions or if they're just piling on theoretical profits that would blow up if anyone actually looked at the underlying assets.

Read The Big Short--it's really interesting to see just how full of #$%^ bankers were in the runup to the financial crisis.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
uprightcitizen wrote:
I can't help with your question at all, but Wisconsin-Madison sent me a very nice care package, with a Slim Jim, organic milk, a Target dog doll, and a slew of other goodies. And for that, I thank them.

Haha! I went to UW for my business undergrad and I still have my Target dog doll. Is yours wearing a backpack? Mine is.

Anyway, I don't think that ethics question is silly at all, but it just needs a little more thought and consideration than your typical short- and long-term goals essay. I'm still pondering about the best way to approach it as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
The essay should mention the Academic Integrity Policy Honor Code and the Behavioral Integrity one.
https://bus.wisc.edu/mba/academics/~/media/Bus/MBA/Honor%20Code/MBA%20Behavioral%20Integrity%20Policy.ashx

RuggedIdealist wrote:
Hi!

I'm working on my Wisconsin Madison application right now (as you may have guessed from the topic), and could use some help in dissecting their application.

on the employment page, they ask for the standard stuff (where, when, salary, reason for leaving, etc). But! they also have an area for you to "Describe your budget experience in this position". I'm not sure how to interpret that at all.

essay question one is this: The Wisconsin MBA considers academic integrity to be the foundation of any well functioning academic community. Thus, it is imperative that we maintain high and exacting academic integrity standards if we are to succeed in building a community of business leaders of tomorrow. As the conduct of business is based first and foremost on trust, so our success depends on our ability to trust each other. Please respond to the statement above. Do you agree/disagree? How does this statement reflect in the larger business context? More specifically, how does this statement reflect in both your short and long-term career goals?

i hope someone out there can help clarify these two points for me. thank you!!!
GMAT Club Bot