Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 07:16
1) Basic demographic info: 28, Female, US

2) Educational Background: 3.7 from an Ivy League Institution, GMAT: 730 (Q 48/V 41)

3) Work experience: I am currently a product manager for one of Inc magazine's fastest growing startups (top five). I work with executives and users to define new features for our website and manage the technical resources to develop out these features. Prior to that, I worked as an analyst for an early-stage investment firm, where I worked very closely with startups to define their company and product vision. I have been in the professional world for over 5 years.

4) Short/Long term goals: I want to work in management in a larger software company post-graduation and would eventually like to start my own software startup.

5) Schools: I'm considering the following schools but want to get feedback on these choices: Tepper, Haas, Stanford, McCombs, and Anderson.

What do you think?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 18:32
MerBiz wrote:
1) Basic demographic info: 28, Female, US

2) Educational Background: 3.7 from an Ivy League Institution, GMAT: 730 (Q 48/V 41)

3) Work experience: I am currently a product manager for one of Inc magazine's fastest growing startups (top five). I work with executives and users to define new features for our website and manage the technical resources to develop out these features. Prior to that, I worked as an analyst for an early-stage investment firm, where I worked very closely with startups to define their company and product vision. I have been in the professional world for over 5 years.

4) Short/Long term goals: I want to work in management in a larger software company post-graduation and would eventually like to start my own software startup.

5) Schools: I'm considering the following schools but want to get feedback on these choices: Tepper, Haas, Stanford, McCombs, and Anderson.

What do you think?

My guess is that it's worth applying to all the schools.
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 19:20
Can I ask why those schools? they seem kind of random.
Either way, Numbers wise you should be competitive at all. Stanford is a stretch for almost everybody though.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 09:12
I have revised my list to the following:
McCombs
Tepper
Haas
Sloan

All have either a strong entrepreneurship record or tech/IS record or both.

I would agree that the above list is a bit random but what do you think of this revised list?
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 10:16
You have to leave stanford in there! You have a shot so go for it. THey of course are very strong in Tech and Entrp.
I love your list, it shows that you have done your research, aren't selling yourself too short, its strategic and builds on each schools strengths in relation to your own interests. now add back Stanford! its too good to not at least try with your stats

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Would love feedback....730 GMAT, 5 years exp, 3.7 GPA   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2010, 10:16