Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Marshall (In with $$), Babson (In with $$), Simon (In with $ - Declined), Kellogg (Ding), Ross (Ding), Fuqua (Ding), Darden (Ding), Tepper (Ding)
 Q50  V35
GPA: 3.24
WE 1: Oil Rig Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Marshall (In with $$), Babson (In with $$), Simon (In with $ - Declined), Kellogg (Ding), Ross (Ding), Fuqua (Ding), Darden (Ding), Tepper (Ding)
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Re: your opinion please [#permalink]
CyberC1 wrote:
I don't know much about Babson except they have a stellar entrepreneurship program. Everyone I have met from Babson MBA have been top notch and they know their stuff. But I haven't visited the school or researched them so that is the extent of my knowledge of it.

I got into USC Marshall this year too. Also a top-notch entrepreneurship program, I know they have a lot of support for venture capitalism and entrepreneurship. Specifically to India, I think the PRIME program may give you a lot of advantages in that you'll be spending time in that region of the world studying the issues and learning about the pros & cons of businesses in that area. Furthermore, I know that USC has a strong alumni network in southern California and in Asia, so that may be an additional benefit for you.

You know what, when I looked through the admit folder in the curriculum section, it lists out all the PRIME locations and I did not see India in it. Am I missing something here?

From my research it seems like USC's network is mostly in LA. Is there any reason why you say that USC has a strong network in Asia? From my understanding (and I could be totally wrong here), it seems like international students, especially from Asia who attend USC tend to go for jobs in the US and live in the US. Hence, as far as building an Indian network goes, I may be at a disadvantage with USC. Your thoughts on this?
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
mreevit wrote:
neoth3one wrote:
Ok, so I am interested in running my business in the future (3 year post MBA perhaps).

I currently have an offer from Babson and USC Marshall. Both have given some funding, USC's funding is about 15k USD less than Babson's for two years.

Question is, which school to pick, they both have their strengths in entrepreneurship and big city location. But I am totally confused where to go. I want to work and settle in India after MBA (or 1-2 years after graduation, I want to return home).

Please give your opinions on the two schools, I want to hear from you.

People always say that Babson has a great entrepreneurship program. But if it were me, I would pick USC. Entrepreneurship at USC is still really strong, and (IMHO) the brand is significantly stronger than Babson. Plus, if you change your mind, you will have more options at USC than at Babson.

You are right that USC has a strong entrepreneurship program, which is one of the reasons I applied there. However, seems like entrepreneurship at USC may be more tech focused (i could be wrong here). I am looking to gain an MBA experience and an entrepreneurial mindset from which I can do a business in any field in the future.

Another question for you is, how much does brand really matter if I am not looking at the corporate path? The way I have been thinking recently is that I need to get the best educational experience and not worry about jobs. Is this a wrong way to think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
I don't know specifically about their MBA program, but USC does have a good reputation in India/Asia. I am sure people easily recognize USC-Marshall than Babson (just comparing their reputation in that region, not the programs). But as the above post pointed out, brand becomes less significant if you choose entrepreneurship.

Just my two cents.
GMAT Club Bot