Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 06:56 It is currently 11 May 2024, 06:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
CTO
CTO
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: IT
Send PM
[#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
How about their online MBA program? Is it worth it? Does anybody have any experience/comment regarding their online program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 179
Send PM
Re: Arizona State (W.P. Carey) [#permalink]
I am applying to their full time program and went to one of their info session. I was surprise to find that students from their online and part-time program are able to utilize the resources typically reserve for the full time program, ie: career services and recruiting. Not sure if this is unique for ASU but it is definitely an attractive alternative for those who opt for part-time or online program. They also invited one of the part time student to speak about his experience and he told us how he was able to secure an internship with BofA, among other prospective employers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE:General Management (Law)
Send PM
I'm going to interview with WP Carey in two weeks anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats on the interview

I applied for 2nd round and just recently got my recommendations done about 2 weeks ago... crossing my fingers and hoping for an interview

When did you finish your app sometimesitsnows?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariz3260 wrote:

I applied for 2nd round and just recently got my recommendations done about 2 weeks ago... crossing my fingers and hoping for an interview

I applied on the 12th and I believe my application was complete at the deadline, I got invited to interview on the 28th of December, but they're very picky about their interview dates and such. Let me know if you hear anything! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
ariz3260 wrote:

I applied on the 12th and I believe my application was complete at the deadline, I got invited to interview on the 28th of December, but they're very picky about their interview dates and such. Let me know if you hear anything! Good luck!

Nice! If the projection holds I should hear back from them sometime next week. Good luck with your interview!

btw its nice to finally see someone else applying to ASU as well... this is the first time I see anyone posting in an ASU thread
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariz3260 wrote:
ariz3260 wrote:

Nice! If the projection holds I should hear back from them sometime next week. Good luck with your interview!

btw its nice to finally see someone else applying to ASU as well... this is the first time I see anyone posting in an ASU thread

I couldn't agree more! When I tell people on here I'm applying to ASU they have no idea its on of the top 40 schools for mba in the country! Goodness. Are you in Arizona already(assuming so with your name) ? I'm flying in from Chicago for my interview
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariz3260 wrote:

I couldn't agree more! When I tell people on here I'm applying to ASU they have no idea its on of the top 40 schools for mba in the country! Goodness. Are you in Arizona already(assuming so with your name) ? I'm flying in from Chicago for my interview

Yeah, I did my undergrad there as well. I thought about applying elsewhere for the MBA but decided against it. ASU has a very good Supply Chain program and that's what I am shooting for.

Weather here is very different than Chicagoland, the temperature here now is probably like summer over there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariz3260 wrote:
ariz3260 wrote:

Yeah, I did my undergrad there as well. I thought about applying elsewhere for the MBA but decided against it. ASU has a very good Supply Chain program and that's what I am shooting for.

Weather here is very different than Chicagoland, the temperature here now is probably like summer over there.

Haha, I know, I was actually in Phoenix at the end of August for a Diamondbacks game and some exploring, a close friend lives there and actually inspired me to apply, even though he's a U of A guy.

I really hope they give a quicker turn around on decisions/aid than their deadlines suggest. I'm soo over this MBA waiting game!
Manager
Manager
Send PM

Haha, I know, I was actually in Phoenix at the end of August for a Diamondbacks game and some exploring, a close friend lives there and actually inspired me to apply, even though he's a U of A guy.

I really hope they give a quicker turn around on decisions/aid than their deadlines suggest. I'm soo over this MBA waiting game!

At least you got the interview now, the wait shouldn't be too long for you. I still have to wait for the invite to come

I applied to U of A and was actually accepted there, but chose not to since we have a house up here in Phoenix and didn't want to move down to Tucson for 2 years only to move away again once I'm done with the MBA. I like their program a lot, but their latest employment stat scare me off quite a bit, something like 30% of grads were able to land a job 3 months after graduation. I know a lot of it depends on how well you network and internship, but the employment stat was a huge factor for me decided against going there.

On the other hand, ASU has a much better stat in terms of student employment and a much higher avg starting salary too. ASU is moving up the ranking fairly quickly as well. I think a degree from ASU will carry a lot more weight moving forward
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariz3260 wrote:

At least you got the interview now, the wait shouldn't be too long for you. I still have to wait for the invite to come

I applied to U of A and was actually accepted there, but chose not to since we have a house up here in Phoenix and didn't want to move down to Tucson for 2 years only to move away again once I'm done with the MBA. I like their program a lot, but their latest employment stat scare me off quite a bit, something like 30% of grads were able to land a job 3 months after graduation. I know a lot of it depends on how well you network and internship, but the employment stat was a huge factor for me decided against going there.

On the other hand, ASU has a much better stat in terms of student employment and a much higher avg starting salary too. ASU is moving up the ranking fairly quickly as well. I think a degree from ASU will carry a lot more weight moving forward

Yeah, I hope the wait isn't more then 2 weeks from my interview.

Yeah, he went to U of A for Law School, much much different than U of A for business school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Do you know if you are going to interview with an adcom or a 2nd year student?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Its my understanding everyone interviews with both. They take their interviews pretty seriously you have sign a waiver promising not to reveal any of their questions

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Your are right. From their site:

"Interviews last approximately 50 minutes and usually include an MBA Ambassador and/or a member of the W. P. Carey MBA Admissions office, faculty or alumni."

That's probably why it is difficult to schedule an interview, since they have to work with different schedules
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I am interviewing in a WEEK!! I wish someone else had some feedback on what to expect. I'll let you guys know how it goes...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2