Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 2016 Master of Accounting Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
year, they cover my tuition + 2k monthly stipend
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: 2016 Master of Accounting Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Congratulations. I'd never heard of someone getting full ride + stipend on MACC programs. With that kind of performance, I'm sure you can find good positions post graduation, regardless of citizenship status, although H1 is a lottery system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
nrdes234gs wrote:
JC12 wrote:
nrdes234gs wrote:
GMAT:570 (barely studied)
GPA:3.95
Undergrad major:Accounting and Economics
Work experience: Internal Audit Intern (at my college), VITA assistant site manager, accountant (basically the controller) for a museum
Schools applied (applying to): NC State, Wake Forest, W&M
Schools accepted:
Schools denied:
Most likely to attend:
If I get KPMG to pay for my Masters, I will go to WFU. I will otherwise go to NC State. I will go to W&M if I get a full ride (they do not look at GMAT)

What are my chances of getting into UT? How much would I have to raise my GMAT?

nrdes234gs,

Since UT has the top Master of Accounting program (MPA) in the nation they typically require relatively high GMAT scores (usually above 650). However, you may be given some leniency due to your high GPA. I had a friend who scored a 630 and was admitted due to his high undergrad GPA. I am also applying to UT, Wake, and W&M but have yet to take the GMAT (currently studying my butt off). W&M is on my radar simply for the fact that it has a great program at a top-notch school & they waive the GMAT, which is definitely a rare combination. However, my top school is UVA by far.

Just curious, did KPMG inform you that they would pay for your masters? If not, how are you planning to approach them about it? I am in a similar situation with PwC but I have never heard of Big 4 firms paying for a MAcc degree.

JT12,

I read an article about KPMG covering the cost of the masters degree for a few top students, and I am going to meet with one of the managers of the campus recruiters next week. I am going to ask him about the educational reimbursement policy first, and then I will ask him about the scholarship program. Hopefully, he will provide me more information about what I need to do. I know that I would be stuck at KPMG for a few years, but I do not mind.

NC State has 12 fellowships that are basically the same thing; EY has some, and the students have to stay at EY for two years.

Why is UVA your top school by far? I do not know much about that program (I have been mainly focusing on NC schools).

NC State has great IT and ERM concentrations, but I think that I may end up going to Wake even if I have to pay full price because of the Financial Transaction Services track. I want to eventually work in Transaction Advisory for one of the Big 4 firms, and Wake may offer me a "short cut" around the traditional path.

What other schools in NC would you recommend for MAC and why? I'm a not an accounting or business major and I'm looking to make a change.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
houstondk1 wrote:
nrdes234gs wrote:
GMAT:570 (barely studied)
GPA:3.95
Undergrad major:Accounting and Economics
Work experience: Internal Audit Intern (at my college), VITA assistant site manager, accountant (basically the controller) for a museum
Schools applied (applying to): NC State, Wake Forest, W&M
Schools accepted:
Schools denied:
Most likely to attend:
If I get KPMG to pay for my Masters, I will go to WFU. I will otherwise go to NC State. I will go to W&M if I get a full ride (they do not look at GMAT)

What are my chances of getting into UT? How much would I have to raise my GMAT?

I am applying to State and WF, but I am also applying to UNC's online accounting program because I want to work too. Do you think that's unrealistic?

No...I'm applying to UNC as well. Not sure if I want online or on-campus. Didn't know much about the online until I called and did a webinar. I did land a job offer, so I may wait to see if they will help cover a masters.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT:Taking Next Month
GPA:3.4
Undergrad major: Mass Communication
Work experience: 2 yrs
Schools applied (applying to):UNC, UNCC, UNCW, WFU, NC State
Schools accepted:Not yet
Schools denied:Hopefully none
Most likely to attend: UNC is my top choice
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rv1234 wrote:
Hi all!

Could really use some help!!

GMAT: 700
GPA: 3.76
Undergrad major: Biz Mgmt
Work experience: 5 years as an office manager in a small office
Schools applied (applying to): UT Austin, USC, UNC
Schools accepted:
Schools denied:
Most likely to attend: Unsure

These are my stats! And now for my question: I'd like to go to a top rated program in one of the warmer states (not up north) but the costs seem to be prohibitive. I cannot seem to get much information on how much aid is likely to be offered. So does anyone know what schools offer good aid packages and/or a cheaper? I'd be willing to consider a colder state or a slightly lower ranked (but still top bunch) program if I knew that it would be cheaper. Any ideas? Could really use some help!

I'm looking at UNC. I'm taking the GMAT next month and will submit my app then. You should have a good chance with UNC, I gave them my stats and I feel pretty confident. Have you reached out to any of the schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2016 Master of Accounting Admissions Thread - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
nd

Originally posted by newson1228 on 16 Nov 2016, 18:15.
Last edited by newson1228 on 13 Jan 2017, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT: 680
GPA: 4.0 (Cumulative)
Undergrad major: Accounting
Work experience: Worked at a law firm; currently working at a local Accounting Firm
Schools applied (applying to): UT Austin, Texas A&M, Duke University (MBA)
Schools accepted:
Schools denied: Duke University (MBA)
Most likely to attend: UT Austin :)

Anyone with any insight on if I should be accepted into UT? And when are decisions are released? (I applied the first day the applications opened lol) The wait is killing me! haha
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
tlam17 wrote:
GMAT: 670
GPA: 3.56
Undergrad major: Economics
Work experience: Government Accounting Internship (3mo.), Oil & Gas Accounting Internship (current)
Schools applied (applying to): UT Austin, UT Dallas, A&M, UH, SMU, Rice
Schools accepted: UT Austin :-D
Schools denied:
Most likely to attend: UT Austin

Congrats!
You were already accepting into UT? When did they release the decision to you? I've applied and that's my top school of choice, so I'm just curious :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT: 650
GPA: 3.47
Undergrad major: Accounting
Work experience: Last summer internship at Big4 Vietnam (one of my recommendation letter came from it)
Schools applied (applying to): USC
Schools accepted: ......
Schools denied:
Can anyone tell me if I have a chance? My application is completed as of today. I really need some reassurance if possible. THANKS :D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts