Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Re: 4 Takes? [#permalink]
Thanks friends for the encouragement. Was a real beat-down to get that quant score after doing much better on the practices. I was right there!!

I won't quit though and after reading your posts I did a little searching and it made me feel a little bit better to see that all the schools I am targeting only consider your top score. Some of them even only ask you to input your top score. U Chicago did say it discourages students from taking more than 3 times, but again, I don't really consider that 2008 take part of my attempts. I think that will be clear and even with what I read on the Booth website, it looks like they consider the top score.

Getting back at it and going to come out on top!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 04-19-2012
Send PM
I am not sure about U chicago but I heard in general they don't care how many times you take it. My tutor tutored a guy who took it 7 times until he got the 700- He's in Harvard now and the guy who took it said the committee didn't seem to care at all- it wasnt an issue. Unlike law school, business schools wants leaders and people who are going to actually do something. They want the numbers for their stats and to see you'll succeed in the workload but I don't think they care whether you take it once or four times.... Law school is all numbers... You can play warcraft all day and not have a job, if you have a 4.0 and a 175, hello harvard law... mba, have a 4.0 and 750 you play warcraft all day good luck getting into a top 20...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
I think U Chicago just says that, but they still consider the top score. It's nice to hear stories like the one you mentioned. Gives me hope to reach my goal.

Recently read this one as well: 420-570-590-700-harvard-business-school-132221.html

Similar story
GMAT Club Bot