Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 19:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

640-->710(Q50, V36) ISB admit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

640-->710(Q50, V36) ISB admit [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 11:06
Better late than never! Well, this debrief was long due!
I gave my Gmat for the second time on 16th Nov, 2012 and got a sweet 710.
My preparation was like a marathon. I prepared for nearly an yr to crack the 700 barrier! But, the actual preparation in which I was fully focused was not more than of 2 months duration.

Well,what did I do wrong in my first attempt?(640, Q 48, V 32). And how I rectified my mistakes in my second attempt?

1. I could identify the right answer after reading a question, but I did not know why that particular choice was right and the other choices were wrong. SC was my main problem area. I just went through the explanation of the right answer. But, in my second attempt I not only rigorously went through the explanation of the right answer but also the wrong answers.

2. I did not have the examination stamina! Guys, this is very important.I remember that while doing verbal in my first attempt, after some time I could not understand what I was reading and had to read a sentence several times. My mind had got exhausted. Well, take as many timed tests as possible.

3. I'm an engineer with decent quant skills. I spent more time than desirable on some quant questions only because I thought that how could I not crack these easy questions! Guys, remember, if you get stuck in a question, just move on. If you don't, you will miss other questions , which you could have solved much easily and quickly! Get rid of your ego! Well, this may seem weird, but true! Guys! Remember, even to score 51, you don't need to solve every question correctly!

Essays and interview

1. Guys! Do write your essays yourself. Because, if you get it written from some agencies, you will have problems in defending yourself during the interviews.
2. Spend as much time as you can to write your essays. Essays are not only very important for your application but also a kind of fun and a way to know more about yourself.

2. During interviews, do not fake! The interviewers are smart enough to know if you lie.

Useful Materials

1. MGMAT test series--> absolutely must
2.e-gmat--> For SC, it does increase your verbal score by 4 points( 32-->36 in my case)

Well Friends! I'm keeping it short and simple!
If you have any questions regarding GMAT, Essays and Interviews , you are most welcome to ask !
And in the last I would like to say that If I can, then anybody can!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
640-->710(Q50, V36) ISB admit   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2013, 11:06