Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Better late than never! Well, this debrief was long due! I gave my Gmat for the second time on 16th Nov, 2012 and got a sweet 710. My preparation was like a marathon. I prepared for nearly an yr to crack the 700 barrier! But, the actual preparation in which I was fully focused was not more than of 2 months duration.
Well,what did I do wrong in my first attempt?(640, Q 48, V 32). And how I rectified my mistakes in my second attempt?
1. I could identify the right answer after reading a question, but I did not know why that particular choice was right and the other choices were wrong. SC was my main problem area. I just went through the explanation of the right answer. But, in my second attempt I not only rigorously went through the explanation of the right answer but also the wrong answers.
2. I did not have the examination stamina! Guys, this is very important.I remember that while doing verbal in my first attempt, after some time I could not understand what I was reading and had to read a sentence several times. My mind had got exhausted. Well, take as many timed tests as possible.
3. I'm an engineer with decent quant skills. I spent more time than desirable on some quant questions only because I thought that how could I not crack these easy questions! Guys, remember, if you get stuck in a question, just move on. If you don't, you will miss other questions , which you could have solved much easily and quickly! Get rid of your ego! Well, this may seem weird, but true! Guys! Remember, even to score 51, you don't need to solve every question correctly!
Essays and interview
1. Guys! Do write your essays yourself. Because, if you get it written from some agencies, you will have problems in defending yourself during the interviews. 2. Spend as much time as you can to write your essays. Essays are not only very important for your application but also a kind of fun and a way to know more about yourself.
2. During interviews, do not fake! The interviewers are smart enough to know if you lie. Useful Materials
1. MGMAT test series--> absolutely must 2.e-gmat--> For SC, it does increase your verbal score by 4 points( 32-->36 in my case)
Well Friends! I'm keeping it short and simple! If you have any questions regarding GMAT, Essays and Interviews , you are most welcome to ask ! And in the last I would like to say that If I can, then anybody can!
640-->710(Q50, V36) ISB admit
08 Mar 2013, 11:06