Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [4]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 710 with Q49 V39 IR8 - Feel relieved that it's over or retake?!!! [#permalink]
I retook GMAT today after 2 months and got a 710 again with the below split.

Q49 V37 IR8.

I was hoping for a slight improvement at least. Not sure what wemt wrong.

Can someone help me with below questions?
- i didnt cancel the score. Should I have?
- does 2x 710 carry any impact- positive or negative?
- my verbal score dropped by 2pts but still overall 710. How does that work?!!
- if i retake again, what score should I aim for? I mean, retaking for 20-30 points improvement still makes sense?

Thanks
--
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: 710 with Q49 V39 IR8 - Feel relieved that it's over or retake?!!! [#permalink]
visram04 wrote:

Q49 V37 IR8.

- if i retake again, what score should I aim for? I mean, retaking for 20-30 points improvement still makes sense?

Thanks
--

You're planning another retake after 2x 710 scores? I find it very interesting the level of importance that board members put on the GMAT but if you're trying to get into the very top schools, I understand. I also scored a 710 and I was very happy although I skipped a lot of questions in the exam and in studying so I feel like I could do better if I wanted to, but my opinion is also that above 700, it's really variable and is almost just gambling. I'm also shocked at home much time and money people have on this board. I really hesitated writing it the 2nd time due to the cost and I only did the 2 gmatprep tests. Taking CATs is so time consuming.

Sorry for not answering any of your questions. I'd guess it'd look worse if you cancelled the score. I'd assume you scored lower than 710 for sure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm working on my applications simultaneously and already applied in couple of schools with the current scores. I was just hoping that I could give it a try and if I improve a bit, probably update the admissions office before I hear about the interview decision. Obviously that didn't work and I'll have to work with what I have.

So 3rd retake is probably a back-up option for next year, if it doesn't work out this time. Thanks for your response though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
710 with Q49 V39 IR8 - Feel relieved that it's over or retake?!!! [#permalink]
What are your target schools? I was very happy with 710, then again I only had two M7s in my target list (CBS & Haas), and I knew it was a target-reach because of my GPA. 710 seemed absolutely sufficient for me, but partially because I had a stronger application outside of academics - good WE, an MS, clear cut and achievable but not common goals in tech, excellent extracurriculars, and fairly confident in my essays. I found that I never gave a 2nd thought to the weight of my GMAT once I got into app season. 710 was 710 and it was good enough. I'd spend your sweat and tears on the rest of your app at this point - esp since you have already started applying. Why waste more time and stress on this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
visram04 wrote:

Q49 V37 IR8.

Thanks
--

Hey visram04,

710 is a great score -- just keep in context your overall application profile. You may not be the candidate that stands out with a 700+ score, but if you feel confident you can stand out in another way -- your background, your story, your career path -- then this should be a good-enough score for the target schools you want. If you have a clear story/path/reason for business school and can differentiate yourself based on your work experience, then you got a lot going for you.

Remember, optimize for your overall application profile - not just one local maxima.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts