Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Google, Facebook
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrts first of all b4 u plan to retake cos its a really good score and second of all Ask Pelihu about his opinion on this. :o
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
Just a personal opinion, if the school won't take you with a 720, they probably won't take you with a 750.

i agree with kidderek here, although i don't think that this should be the factor whether to retake or not. for me - the ultimate question should be did you show your best on test day or not. if you feel you were far from your best - why not doing it again. if your performance on test day was good (in your terms...), then i think you shouldn't.

i think pelihu retook his test after a good test. i know from my undergrad studies someone who got on a certain test 96/100 and was 4th in class on that course and retook it because he knew he could get 100/100 (and he eventually did). so it is all up to your level of self-achievement, self-confidence, perfectionism and competitiveness... (all are good qualities in my view if they are not too extreme). you should remember, though, that you can give a bad performance when you retake it...

before i took gmat i've decided on a threshold result for retaking, based on my expectations, needs and self confidence. this is actually a suggestion i'd give to anybody. on test day i performed better than i expected so i didn't have to consider retaking.

so... taking your test or not should be up to you and your personality. 720 is a great score, but maybe a dissapointement to you... i don't know... however, as kidderek claimed - i don't believe that the difference between 720 and 750 will make any difference on adcoms.

anyway.... good luck and congratulations on a great score.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Except HSW , All others schools give hell a lot of importance to GMAT

GMAT plays a vital role, we can argue endlessly about this GMAT. But the whole point of MBA admission is going that extra mile and differentiating yourself. When every one is so competitive, those few GMAT points can be the key.

There are plenty of Gclubbers who retook the test and hit the 750+ mark. if you think u can do it, go ahead ...

All the best

cheers
Ozie
PS: Just look at resume book of any M7 school and you can see plenty of students boasting of 750+ GMAT..why ? Bcos Consulting and IB are GMAT whores
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you're score is good enough to get in.

But there is a difference between a 720 and a 750 for 1 time test takers only.

If you get a 720 and take it again and score a 750, the new score won't help you.

But if you took it once and scored a 750, then the 750er is better off than somebody else scoring a 720.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
it is good enough for any school.
it is time to put the GMAT to rest. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Save your money and do NOT take it again. You really have nothing to gain (and everything to lose) if you do poorly.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
congrats...good score....do not take it again :-D ....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
[#permalink]
Kudos
As per GMAC you actual score would be 30 pts above or below your current score. So taking GMAT again scoring 30 pts above would really wont matter that much. Also in worst case second timer bias may be held against you. 720 is greater than average of any B school. So you should not worry about taking GMAT second time.
Its a good score.. Congrats
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Are u crazy! Just stay put and apply now!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you're pretty sure you can beat a 720 maybe it is worth it only because your verbal is 83%. If you're pretty sure you can get 750 or above then it might be worth it.

I started a topic "Only Take the GMAT Once" check out people's different thoughts:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41428

But despite the dramatic proclamation of the thread's name, I think in some cases it might not hurt to take more than once, specifically when a school only looks at your self-reported score to make their decision, and then after the admission decision has been made looks at official scores. I'm not sure which schools do this or if there is a way to find out. But I think even if a school does see both scores, it might not hurt to see a 720 and then a 760. Maybe go to the AskAccepted.com forum and ask for advice there.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts