Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 07:18 It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:NYU STERN
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Send PM
Re: Any Ladies Applying?? [#permalink]
Me too... My screenname confused people earlier... Someone referred to me as 'BigDad'

BigBad refers to the size of my badass-itude, which is huge btw... in my dreams.

:evil:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
 Q44  V41
Send PM
There are definitely plently of us girls on GMATClub, although I think that we tend to read/browse more than actually post. I have 2 good female friends who are on GMATClub all the time (and both are pretty cute, too, heehee), but I think that I am the only one of them who actually posts anything on here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Count me in too...applying this fall for (hopeful) fall 2010 matriculation. :-D
Current Student
Send PM
Nice to see there really are ladies out there! I am retaking GMAT Feb 9- your scores are all inspiring me! I took it last month and got a 620 (35V 42Q. 6.0 AWA) I wasn't very happy with that and know I can do better.

I do have trouble with standardized tests as I have a reading disability but I am confident I can improve my score- I was quite nervous the first time and only made it 1/2 way through math and then had to start randomly guessing because I got very hung up on 1 question early on - and it was so easy!! I must say however I really didn't realize how many DS questions there would be - A LOT!!!

In practice tests I did better on verbal than I did on the exam so hopefully I can get that up! Any study suggestions let me know!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:columbia, kellogg, hbs, wharton, yale
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I'm a female applicant who got into this application process really last minute this year... so I'm obviously pretty clueless about everything since I had to just write write write for the last few months.

With that said, I'm curious about the female make up of the entire application process too. I know you can get information about the actual matriculating class (with 35%~ish of women in each class), but do you think the applicant pool is about the same as well?

Either way, good to see that there are other girls (um.. women, but it's really weird for me to call myself a "woman" still) out there!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Hardaway7,

Do you know that some people with documented learning disabilities are eligible to take GMAT under special conditions? I read about it: you'll have up to twice as much time. Check this link (click on the 'Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities' to download the brochure):

https://www.gmac.com/gmac/thegmat/testtakersupport/

The other advice is to try to stay calm during the exam. But you probably already know about it...
Good luck to you - and to all other girls on this thread!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Send PM
I am women too. Count me in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q41  V46
Send PM
Female here too!

I wish I had discovered GMATClub earlier in my admission preparations!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
ElleBee wrote:
Count me in too...applying this fall for (hopeful) fall 2010 matriculation. :-D

starting early, that's great! start thinking about "what matters most and why". that's a killer question.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
hats off to you, ladies!

i wish you all the best - and let me know if i can help. i'm pretty busy, but I def try to help out the 'Clubbers - especially the women.

cheerio
aau

(Duke Class of 2009)
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks Greenoak -

I discovered GMAT offered that and I was able to get the extra time but it was a LONG Process which is why I took my test so late!

I never received extra time before during high school or college because I went undiagnosed for so long - but I took advantage of it for GMAT because without it I couldn't even score 500!!! They won't give you 100% more time unless you are SEVERELY disabled it seems - dyslexia or similar disabilities they seem to only give 50% - sadly I need more but I am confident the 2nd time around I can raise my score!

Thanks to everyone for responding as well- nice to see other ladies out there going through this! I wish everyone the best of luck and be sure to post any progress!

Thanks also aaudetat for continuing to be supportive long after you need to deal with this stuff!
Current Student
Send PM
peaceyall -

I just read your Gmat experience post... Thanks for that - it was quite helpful! Not sure how much I can improve over the next 3 weeks but I agree about not focusing on trying to learn stuff like combinations - I was obsessed with practicing that and I wasn't even in the percentile where I needed to bother! DS is on the test WAY MORE than I thought it would be - I really need to practice on that!

I got really stuck on some problems early on in the test because they claim that affects your score - you guessed right away which gives me hope! My first problem freaked me out on quant last time - I hope it goes smoother this time around!

Thanks!
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
hardaway7 wrote:
peaceyall -

I just read your Gmat experience post... Thanks for that - it was quite helpful! Not sure how much I can improve over the next 3 weeks but I agree about not focusing on trying to learn stuff like combinations - I was obsessed with practicing that and I wasn't even in the percentile where I needed to bother! DS is on the test WAY MORE than I thought it would be - I really need to practice on that!

I got really stuck on some problems early on in the test because they claim that affects your score - you guessed right away which gives me hope! My first problem freaked me out on quant last time - I hope it goes smoother this time around!

Thanks!

hi hardaway - I'm a girl here too, all I can recommend is practice practice practice. I had a 630, took the test 2 and a half months later and got a 720 - all I mainly did was practice my weaknesses and taking full length tests. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
I am a female of 30 and am applying for R2 rounds in london schools only as i am limited by location. Good to see this forum which gives an idea of how many girls are looking fwd to MBA this year.
More later, when i hear something from schools.

Keep posting everybody.

Cheers,
gameCode.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
hardaway7 wrote:
peaceyall -

Thanks!

glad that writeup was helpful. i think it is important to get the first few right, but if one of the first ones is stressing you out, i'd skip it because it may impact how you do during the rest of the section.

good luck with your studying!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Another female here, although no admits this year (will need to change my handle :)
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks Jlola-

That's good to hear! One of my girlfriends got a 650 and took it a month later and got a 720... Some people on this board who did really well on the first shot said "don't bother taking it again your score won't improve" - It kind pissed me off!!!

It's worth a shot I figure!

Thanks all!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2