Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Communications
WE 2: Not-for-Profit Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing and Finance (Business Marketing Academy)
Schools:Kelley Class of 2013
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants [#permalink]
Impalpable wrote:
teshs84 wrote:
doggdetroit wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts about interview attire SPECIFICALLY for McCombs?

I ask because I work for a company that is very non-traditional when it comes to dress. Essentially, all that is require of men is a shirt, tie, and decent pants. I have one suit, but I got it several years ago and have lost weight since, so now it looks big on me. I was all set to go and buy a new suit for my interview on Monday, but my admissions consultant didn't seem to think I needed one for McCombs where the atmosphere is more laid back. He suggested nice pants and a nice shirt, not even a blazer or tie. I think I would probably feel more comfortable in a suit but then again I don't want to come across as too formal.

When I interviewed on campus, there was ~8 other people going through a class visit and interview. All of us had on a suit. Maybe it was just that day, but I would recommend wearing a suit if you are interviewing. Treat it just like you are interviewing for a job. Now if you are just visiting campus and sitting in a class, I would think a button down and pants would be okay.

You will need a suit that fits anyway. So I would recommend going and buying one while you are still earning money.

I agree. I purchased a nice suit for my interview. Also, everyone at my class visit was wearing a suit.

I think the rule is pretty simple:

(1) if the activities includes an interview --> wear a suit

(2) if the activities do not include an interview --> business casual

When I visited there were about 25 or so people visiting that day, the breakdown was completely set by whether or not the person had an interview that day. If they had an interview, then they had a suit on. If they didn't have an interview, it was business casual. If one is doing a class visit but not an interview that day, wearing a suit is IMHO way overkill.

Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
mhla82 wrote:
Anyone else starting to feel frustrated by the wait? I called them on Monday and asked what was taking so long as I interviewed on March 1st. I told them that I was delaying getting back to other schools which have upcoming deadlines and the guy on the admissions committee asked for one more day so they could get back to with an admissions decision. Nothing yet......

Anyone get any updates recently. I was told I would here last week, but nothing. Been 14 weeks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Ross(Admit), Marriott(Admit), McCombs(WL-declined), Darden(ding), Kellogg(ding), Anderson(ding)
Send PM
Waitlisted!

I got the email late afternoon on Friday, and checked my status. I'll be declining my spot on the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Days81 wrote:
Waitlisted!

I got the email late afternoon on Friday, and checked my status. I'll be declining my spot on the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone.

Care to post your timeline? I'm at week 14 at this point and wonder if I'll ever hear.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Quick question: After you guys interviewed, did your status change from "Texas Full Time MBA: Austin: Your application has been submitted"? I interviewed April 2. I know that many have experienced technical errors due to adcom, and I want to find out if I have been placed in the same predicament. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
I declined my offer last week. Hope it helps someone from the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got dinged from McCombs today, but thankfully I have a spot at Emory to take advantage of. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Technology
Schools:UCLA, USC, NYU
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 640
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Send PM
It has officially been over 12 weeks and still no word back. I interviewed 2 months ago and every time I call admissions they just say they will check and get back to me. Still no word. I even told them that I have other deposit deadlines coming up and still nothing. It's a bit disappointing that aren't as organized as they should be. I may have to withdraw just because they are being too slow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I have an admit from McCombs, but no scholarship. Texas has no provision for non co-signor loans for international students (unlike Chicago, Wharton etc.) I have paid the security deposit and am looking for different avenues to fund my MBA at Texas. However, if I am unable to garner enough funds to fund my MBA this fall, can I request a deferral for Fall 2012? Do universities (B-schools) defer admissions at all?

Thank you!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
LSEguy wrote:
I have an admit from McCombs, but no scholarship. Texas has no provision for non co-signor loans for international students (unlike Chicago, Wharton etc.) I have paid the security deposit and am looking for different avenues to fund my MBA at Texas. However, if I am unable to garner enough funds to fund my MBA this fall, can I request a deferral for Fall 2012? Do universities (B-schools) defer admissions at all?

Thank you!

Yes but I don't know if financial reasons apply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I tried looking up a 'deferral policy' on the Texas webpage, but could not find one. What are grounds generally for granting a deferral?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I just declined my offer. It wasn't easy... :(

Hopefully, some lucky dude(tte) will take my spot.

Brief background: New York/IT/East Asian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Mays (Interview) McCombs (Admit-5/2)
Send PM
How much longer do you think they will admit people? I interviewed approximately a month ago and I'm still waiting. The wait is awful!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
ascrockett wrote:
How much longer do you think they will admit people? I interviewed approximately a month ago and I'm still waiting. The wait is awful!

Definitely past deposit deadlines. I'd say for another few weeks at least.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Ross(Admit), Marriott(Admit), McCombs(WL-declined), Darden(ding), Kellogg(ding), Anderson(ding)
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
Days81 wrote:
Waitlisted!

Care to post your timeline? I'm at week 14 at this point and wonder if I'll ever hear.

I submitted my app on 1/14, interviewed on 3/3. My interviewer told me they were trying to make as many decisions as possible before the 4/1 admit weekend, so I was given false hope of hearing before then. But then the weekend came and went with no decision. I got the decision 13 weeks after I submitted.

Good luck. I hope you hear something soon.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Thanks. I'm happy with my other acceptances, but I just want to KNOW one way or another as I make my decision.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua (W/L), McCombs
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
WE 2: Non-Profit
Send PM
Days81 wrote:
Kilian wrote:
Days81 wrote:
Waitlisted!

I submitted my app on 1/14, interviewed on 3/3. My interviewer told me they were trying to make as many decisions as possible before the 4/1 admit weekend, so I was given false hope of hearing before then. But then the weekend came and went with no decision. I got the decision 13 weeks after I submitted.

Good luck. I hope you hear something soon.

I submitted my application just before the final deadline, and am interviewing on campus this coming Monday. I surely hope they're still admitting!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts