Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: begginer [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi mzeeshang224,

You've defined your score goal, which is good - it also has the benefit of being reasonable (the average score on the Official GMAT is 540-550 most years). I'd like to know a bit more about what you're done so far and your timeline/plans:

1) Since you just started studying, what materials are you using?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH practice CAT tests yet? If so, then what were your scores? If not, then you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to do so in one sitting.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Expert Reply
mzeeshang224 wrote:
hello everybody. i have just started the prep. my target is 580+ which material is good for my target score?

Hi Mzeeshang224,

Glad to hear that you'll be taking the GMAT! When do you plan on taking it? Were you able to take a practice exam? If not, I would recommend doing so (as other folks on this thread have suggested as well). That way, you can determine how much you'll need to improve to reach 580+ and design your study plan around that.

In terms of material, there are a lot of resources out there for you to take advantage of. It really depends on how you like to learn.

Feel free to sign up for a free trial of the Economist GMAT Tutor, our online adaptive course, and see if it works for you: https://econgm.at/freetrialoffer.

Jessica
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
i have took the mock got 350 after a week prep. now i have completed the mgmat guide but i did not have much practice thats why my score in mock is so low thats my thinking. i have to took exam in first week of june. i have started og quant and mostly question i can solve myself but in mock i feel so much under pressure thats is just becz of clock tik tik i think. so what u think og and 1000 series questions practice would be enough for my target 580+ i have bought egmat verbal and thats it what can i spend for gmat please give your valueable suggestion about my goal score and for my practice as i think practice is more better....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
begginer [#permalink]
Hi:

A score of 350 is a long way from your target score of 580. I recommend joining a test prep institute and the reasons for my saying so are as follows:

1. Test prep materials are structured systematically. Thus, you don't have to design your study plan. The institute will already have a plan in place and you just need to follow it.

2. Test prep institutes will give you access with instructors who can train you on the basics and answer your queries. You won't have to run around the internet to find your answers.

So, you need to scout your locality for reliable GMAT instructors.

Regards,
Amrith
GMAT Club Bot
begginer [#permalink]