Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 15:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2011, 02:58
mouse wrote:
Hey Sridhar,

It is a common knowledge that if you pursue SCM/marketing/sales in the US- getting a job is a bit easy. For finance and consulting- getting a job in the US is a bit difficult mate.

Sridhar123 wrote:
I was reading a chat transcript of Kelley adcom guys and found that international students have a tough time getting jobs.

The adcom guy goes on to say that international students are sent back to their country and are called after 2-3 years on a L1 Visa!!!

http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... elley.aspx

"Many employers are moving forward with initiatives to send foreign-born MBAs back to their country and bring them back to the US under an L-1 visa a few years later."

Given the condition of the Indian middle class, how can we even think of returning back to our country? Who will provide us jobs and who will repay the debt?

Mouse, I heard that for Indians, getting jobs in Marketing, Investment Banking and Consulting is difficult. But Finance isn't that difficult.

Last edited by Sridhar123 on 20 Feb 2011, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2011, 03:00
Deepak,

The questions were standard ones. why mba, why kelley, goals, etc.

The interviewer made me feel very comfortable.

Don't panic. Keep your cool and be yourself.

Refer to tips given by me in this forum on taking interview on skype.

deepak123gmat wrote:
Sridhar123, apocalypse and sinhag. How was your i/v and any reply? Mine is going to be skype, any tips.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 09:14
deepak123gmat wrote:
Sridhar123, apocalypse and sinhag. How was your i/v and any reply? Mine is going to be skype, any tips.

Hi Deepak,

please be ready with some nice stories about your leadership experience, and also for questions like why MBA and why kelley ( this one is imp)

@sridhar - what did the interviewer told you about the final decision?? I was told that it would be out by mid march - now thats too late. Can we email them and ask for some kind of timelines??
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 09:22
He said the same to me as well. But, since Kelley is a reputed schools, I guess it takes time for them to do the selection. It seems our apps will undergo 2 more rounds of screening.

No point in emailing them I feel.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 09:24
apocalypse wrote:

@sridhar - what did the interviewer told you about the final decision?? I was told that it would be out by mid march - now thats too late. Can we email them and ask for some kind of timelines??

I don't think it is slower than any other comparable school. Heck, some schools look like they are still sending out interview invites 2 months after the application being finalized.

Personally, I would just hold off on contacting Kelley. It shouldn't be that long.

The official release deadline is March 15th, which is the same as last year. Application decisions started going out on Feb 26th last year, so that might give some sort of indication of this year.
Current Student
Schools: MSU Broad $
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 12:37
About to submit application for the March deadline. I was going to wait to hear from a couple of other schools, but kelley is looking better and better. Anyone with a similar profile to mine hear any news they are willing to share? I need to get up to Bloomington and check it out, interviews invite only?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 17:50
I am a R2 applicant,690/6,114,3 yrs s/w development exp,good acads and good EC(subjective)!
Not yet heard anything from Kelley!
I was in Bloomington this Aug and had a chat with Tim Smith and Proff Wisneski.
Will that chit chat be considered an interview?
can i still hope to get an i/v invite?
Anyone in the sailing the same headed-to-nowhere boat?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana, Texas, Emory

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 21:03
I'm just glad to see a little activity in this thread as kelley is tied for number one in my book....the lack of attention was a bit disheartening.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Indiana Rd 2 Texas Rd 2 Emory Rd 2

Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon,Owen,Rotman,Kelley
WE 1: Technology services-Banking 4 yrs

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2011, 21:09
I sent in my application to kelley on the 3rd of Jan. Havent recevied any communication what so ever till date. Does that mean a ding? I am losing hope now. Its been over 6 weeks without any update.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kelley Class of 2013
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2011, 08:53
rha wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks like their adcom just posted a blog post the other day reiterating the mid-March expected decision release date. It was staring at me right when I logged in to my Google Reader this AM, taunting me.

Quote:
Lastly, we publish our admissions timeline so that you can know when to expect a decision. This timeline is accurate and you should not expect a decision earlier. We do not offer rolling admission. Our admissions decisions are released via email as published.

http://kelleymbaadmissions.blogspot.com/2011/02/mba-application-review-and-notification.html

I wouldn't take this as written in stone. If I was the adcom that is exactly what I would say too :roll: I'm not saying that anyone should expect to hear in a week, but I wouldn't be shocked if people do.
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 08:41
I just submitted, when are applicants typically recieving interview invites?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 08:46
rha wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks like their adcom just posted a blog post the other day reiterating the mid-March expected decision release date. It was staring at me right when I logged in to my Google Reader this AM, taunting me.

Quote:
Lastly, we publish our admissions timeline so that you can know when to expect a decision. This timeline is accurate and you should not expect a decision earlier. We do not offer rolling admission. Our admissions decisions are released via email as published.

http://kelleymbaadmissions.blogspot.com/2011/02/mba-application-review-and-notification.html

that sucks. from the email i had with an admission officer while setting up my interview few weeks ago she gave the impression the earlier i do my interview the ealier i would know decision...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 09:15
I had my interview today and I think f*ed it up. I am an idiot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 11:35
lencheto18 wrote:
ingoditrust wrote:
I had my interview today and I think f*ed it up. I am an idiot.

I had the same feeling after each one of my interviews. Keep your head up. You never know....were you asked qs you did not expect or why do you say you did so bad?

I did not feel that it went the way I had hoped. After the interview I felt that I could have given better answers for certain questions.
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 19:08
thmgoodw,

Thanks for the encouragement, I'd like to make it up there soon. Suppose I should relax on waiting for an invite seeing as they took awhile last round. Good luck to the earlier round applicants. I took a chance and wrote a mini-screenplay for their #3 essay (the one about the cross-country roadtrip with any 3 people in history). Not sure how that will go over. I was so sick of writing the same old essays that I had to try something different.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 01:03
@ingoditrust

Hello friend.

I had a great interview but W/L at UCLA

I had an interview similar to yours at Kelley but I have an admit with schol

so don't worry.

Expectation reduces joys of life.

Lets connect ladies and gentlemen.

Drop me a Private message and I would add you up on Gtalk/FB/Skype/Yahoo so we could network before we reach college.

Regards
A.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 05:53
Thanks for the info Ankit.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 12:02
No more lurking for me...Finally got off my lazy butt and signed up for a gmatclub account.

Anyway, just wanted to note that on this exact day, last year, Kelley sent out some admit e-mails so if anyone here's back, please post your result here.

It looks like last year notices were sent on the last Friday of February and again on the 2nd Friday in March :)
Manager
Manager
Schools: Indiana, Texas, Emory

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 12:20
Yeah, they called the last business day in feb...last year was a friday....this year crossing fingers!

Indiana Rd 2 Texas Rd 2 Emory Rd 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 12:29
Best of luck to everyone in case results come out early.

Re: Calling all 2011 Kelley Applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2011, 12:29