Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
Congrats to all the R2 admits--look forward to meeting everyone at BDW! I'm an R1 admit but I didn't discover this site until after I had already heard back from Duke so I'm not listed on the R1 admits list. I'm pretty sure that I will be matriculating at Duke but I'm waiting to hear on a R2 decision from Kellogg before I confirm. I'd be interested in meeting up during BDW and particularly hearing from anyone who is making the Duke v. Kellogg decision.
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats bdevil- looks like your decision is pretty straightforward now huh? :)

I do find it sort of amusing though- that they WL you in R1 and then gave you $'s in R2. I have another friend who had the same thing happen to him. This has been a very unusual process :) But hey- its awesome !!

Just curious- did you send the adcom any updates or extra material since your WL?
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats and welcome TJ- I know nervous is debating between K vs D as well !!! :)

TJ wrote:
Congrats to all the R2 admits--look forward to meeting everyone at BDW! I'm an R1 admit but I didn't discover this site until after I had already heard back from Duke so I'm not listed on the R1 admits list. I'm pretty sure that I will be matriculating at Duke but I'm waiting to hear on a R2 decision from Kellogg before I confirm. I'd be interested in meeting up during BDW and particularly hearing from anyone who is making the Duke v. Kellogg decision.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
TJ wrote:
I'd be interested in meeting up during BDW and particularly hearing from anyone who is making the Duke v. Kellogg decision.

TJ, that would be me :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
nervous.

I would love to meet up with all the gmatclubbers! I am not sure about wearing nametags with usernames though. We will be given the nametags with our real names anyway, and I don't really see the point of being anonymous now that all of us were accepted. I would actually like to see the real people behind the screen names :-)

I was joking! I guess irony only goes so far on a blog.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
defenestrate wrote:
I was joking! I guess irony only goes so far on a blog.

Oh my bad :-)

OK, so I'll start the list of the BDW participants. Gmatclubbers, feel free to add your name to the bottom of the list.
nervousgmat
defenestrate
dosa_don
skaballet
Bdevil25
TJ
vij101
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
no monry fro me..
they dont like me that mucg I guess :(
Congrats to all who got $$$$
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I am making the Duke/Kellogg decision as well

OK, so I'll start the list of the BDW participants. Gmatclubbers, feel free to add your name to the bottom of the list.
nervousgmat
defenestrate
dosa_don
skaballet
Bdevil25
TJ
vij101
futuredukemba
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
joey wrote:
no monry fro me..
they dont like me that mucg I guess :(
Congrats to all who got $$$$

I think its too early to give up.............correct me if I am wrong fellows (R1ers)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think its too early to give up.............correct me if I am wrong fellows (R1ers)[/quote]

I would like to think the same way too...But after seeing the deluge in emails on GMAT club and BW forums I did call the admissions office..they kind of said that they were sending out emails till the end of today...:( :( :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
joey wrote:
I think its too early to give up.............correct me if I am wrong fellows (R1ers)

I would like to think the same way too...But after seeing the deluge in emails on GMAT club and BW forums I did call the admissions office..they kind of said that they were sending out emails till the end of today...:( :( :([/quote]

Dude...what I meant was...there would be a reasonable bunch of people (like our own clubbers) with $$$ in hand for Duke but still undecided because of their admits at M7 schools or otherwise. There may be some slots opening up.......just a mighty positive thought....anyways...all of us cannot have the cake and eat it too!
Even without $$$...its worth an investment..so cheer up
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
 Q47  V44
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
Congrats bdevil- looks like your decision is pretty straightforward now huh? :)

I do find it sort of amusing though- that they WL you in R1 and then gave you $'s in R2. I have another friend who had the same thing happen to him. This has been a very unusual process :) But hey- its awesome !!

Just curious- did you send the adcom any updates or extra material since your WL?

Dosa,

I, as well, am thoroughly interested to understand how it's possible to go from WL to Admit + $, but I'm certainly not going to ask any questions! And you've got it right - I accepted Duke's admittance today after hearing about the scholarship.

I did send a 1-page update about one week after getting the WL decision. I mentioned a bonus I received at work, a new volunteer position I started, a statement explaining that Duke is absolutely my number one choice (and that I now live 2 miles from campus), and a professional certification that I didn't mention in the essays.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
hey, all, from france where the cheese is strong and the keyboards off-the-charts annoying!

just wanted to throw in my good wishes again - i am psyched to see the club cleaning up at Duke.

when i get back i will look into a gmatclub reunion during bdw. i should be able to pull together lhotse and diedforme, two guys from last year.

Praet, if you are listening - any sponsorship opportunities?

a plus, tout le monde!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
nervousgmat
defenestrate
dosa_don
skaballet
Bdevil25
TJ
vij101
bewakoof
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
When I went to book my ticket for BDW this morning I realized that this 3 day trip is going to cost me $1300+. I visited Duke last Oct for Weekend for Women so I got a chance to see campus, meet lots of current students and sit in on some mock classes and career sessions, which looks similiar to the agenda for BDW. I also won't have heard from any of my other schools by BDW so I won't really know if I have a decision to even make at that time (Duke was my only R1). On the other hand, I'm really excited to meet my future fellow students, check out housing etc.

I hate to make the decision for financial reasons but it is hard to ignore since I have just a few more paycheques coming in before I resign from my current job and a planned vacation to Europe this summer which will be pretty $$....

Is anyone else in this situation and debating whether or not to go to BDW?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
hi tj - congrats on your admit!

bdw is a lot like the w4w as far as the programming goes. the big difference - you guessed it - is the opportunity to meet your future classmates.

dont worry so much about the housing. i can give you the inside scoop, connect you zwith friends who live in the different places, or you can just come a different weekend. housing in durham is not hard to come by.

to all - if the money is an issue, i can host a couple people. it is a tiny bit less than ideal just cause you are farther from school, but i stayed with a classmate off campus and survived.

i have a three bedroom house just north of east campus. 2 cats. bring your claritin.

TJ wrote:
When I went to book my ticket for BDW this morning I realized that this 3 day trip is going to cost me $1300+. I visited Duke last Oct for Weekend for Women so I got a chance to see campus, meet lots of current students and sit in on some mock classes and career sessions, which looks similiar to the agenda for BDW. I also won't have heard from any of my other schools by BDW so I won't really know if I have a decision to even make at that time (Duke was my only R1). On the other hand, I'm really excited to meet my future fellow students, check out housing etc.

I hate to make the decision for financial reasons but it is hard to ignore since I have just a few more paycheques coming in before I resign from my current job and a planned vacation to Europe this summer which will be pretty $$....

Is anyone else in this situation and debating whether or not to go to BDW?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Aau
do u know if the incoming students are given scholarships after they start??
( because i know quite a few ppl who would not be choosing Duke even though they got some money from the school)
$150K debt in these recession days is quite a nerve wracking thought :(
hence I was wondering if you could provide some insight into the scholarship situtation
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23