Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
redevil wrote:
biztuck wrote:
salilsabir wrote:
All the best everybody. This is one long week and the wait is unbearable! I know everyone must be feeling this way. Lets just have faith in the adcom and their process and hope everything works out.

For accepted people, will calls start rolling out on Thursday itself?

Yes, calls will start going out on Thursday. Someone earlier in the thread said they began making calls around 12pm EST on Thursday last year and calls continued to go out until Friday around 3 pm.

To repeat my earlier question, does anyone how its done for international students? Do we also get calls considering the time zone problem? Or should we just wait for mails?

To answer your earlier question, you get a phone call, just like every other admitted student, so long as your provided your relevant country code information and phone number
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Best of luck to all of you awaiting EA Decisions. I am a November applicant and am keeping my fingers crossed I get in... I love Tuck and hope I can join the lot in the Spring at ASW. I'll be rooting for you all!!!! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
cant concentrate at work :(

We cannot control the result, only how we react to the outcome. I want to be calm and restful, but I am incredibly nervous and restless. I admire the people who can just go about their day not worrying about whether or not they will be admitted. All I can ask for now is to hope for the best and if it does not work out with Tuck (which unfortunately think is going to be my news) that I stay positive enough to work on my R2 applications and keep it up my hard work both at my job and the applications.

I wish you all the best of luck. I know we all cannot get in. However, for those of us who are not admitted, I wish you the best wishes in keeping a positive attitude to work towards getting in somewhere awesome.

T minus 25 hours till final result (but whos counting down right?)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Investment Banking (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos

Originally posted by washingtondc627 on 15 Dec 2011, 10:25.
Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Has anyone requested to join the facebook group to see if they get accepted? They might blindly let people in, but perhaps only those on the accepted list. Just a thought...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Guys!!! Last year applicants from India reported call at around 9:30-10:00 PM IST Friday i.e 11:00-11:30 AM EST. So hold your breadth till Noon EST.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Got my call yesterday! Woot. I live in Germany. Looking forward to meeting other future members of Class 2014 on here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.18
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got admitted via email in korea. Included an apology for not being able to call due to time zone. So, if your Phone didn't ring, check the email!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Everyone is welcome to apply with me to University of Phoenix's graduate school of business...I hear that online class chats really create a sense of community.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
bostonfenway wrote:
New to the forum - love this place. I applied in the November round and just logged in to my application status today to check-in. I was a little alarmed and have a two-part question.

1) Although my "Submission Status" says "Complete" on 11/8 (before the 11/9 deadline), my "Application Status" says "Completed on 12/2/2011." Is this bad? I didn't make any updates on 12/2 and I submitted everything on time (including my recs). Did anyone else have their applications show Completed well after the deadline like this? Cause for concern?

2) Each item of my application is itemized with details under the "Application Status: Completed on 12/2/2011" heading. In the Transcripts section it lists my undergraduate institution and then "Received (Not Official)." However, it does not list my Study Abroad institution, for which I submitted a second transcript. Any thought on why this transcript wouldn't show up there? Should I call?

Thanks for the help!

1.) I called about the same "complete" issue you're concerned about. It is simply an indication of when your application was processed. No cause for concern.

2.) I don't believe there are multiple transcript "completion" items. If they have specified "complete" with regard to your transcript, you are fine. They will reach out if you are missing anything.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [1]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Just submitted mine! GL to all!!! :) I appled through the Consortium btw. Does anybody know when theyll send out interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
jerrykid wrote:
Is there anyone working on the scholarship essay?

The prompt is a short bibliography essay. I am wondering whether this will be considered separately from or together with the other application essays? Should I repeat what I have mentioned in the other applications essays? Basically, they are quite thorough and covered everything that I wanted to convey to the Admission Committee.

The scholarship essay is quite short for a comprehensive bibliography. So what should I focus on? My background, my undergraduate study, or my work experience?

Thanks for any recommendation as this essay is due on 11th.

This question came up during my visit with an admissions person. The people that evaluate the scholarship essays DO NOT see your application. They are completely separate processes. As for what to write...not sure I can help you there...I still have to write mine!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
mooze wrote:
Did i just read that if you haven't initiated an interview on campus you're looked at unfavorably? Thats the first i'm hearing of it......I applied R2 to Tuck and did not initiate an interview,...but due to various work and family issues i simply couldn't have. I don't see how its fair to penalize me for not taking advantage of something thats billed as "optional". Somebody please clarify this,...I can see giving applicants who initiated an interview a slight boost,...but taking points away,..so to speak,..to people who didn't initiate an interview seems unfair.

This may come off as callous, but there are a lot of videos, interview transcripts with adcoms and even the Tuck blog reiterates if you are within the US they are basically expecting a visit. Some basic research probably would have led you to this conclusion.

And I disagree with the contention that it's 'unfair'. Each school has a unique selection process and Tuck is making a substantial investment in potential students... what other Top Tier school allows candidates to initiate interviews? They want to know you aren't just applying because they are ranked high... they want to know you want to be in the middle of nowhere for 2 years and you're going to be a good fit with potential classmates.

I understand the work and family bit; but you still have time to visit if you really want to go to school there. The adcoms are very reasonable and will do their best to accommodate if you explain your situation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I agree ... Tuck is definitely unique in terms of its culture. But I'm just letting one admit sink in for now and make that choice in March (if I do get admitted to Tuck) :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
srjaidev wrote:
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
Well then that makes a difference, doesn't it. :) Sorry for not realizing this before I posted.
I don't believe that Tuck has released information on exactly how it processes school-initiated interviews. Do others have this info?

Hey, you're Member of the Month! Congrats! Yeah, I know had I been to Hanover being an international it would have really impressed them. i wish they had extended the dates into Feb, I just can't make it in Jan :(

Thanks - I felt real special with the whole member of the month thing, lol
So, if you could make it in February, I suggest you call adcomm and say that. Others have posted about doing a self-initiated interview post-deadline to positive results. Particularly as you're international. Though, fwiw, during my interview there was a guy from Shanghai who came just for a 24 hour period to interview at Tuck. That's dedication...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Real Estate
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
Eragotte, I would say go for it but wait for the January round.

I have a similar profile as yourself (3 WE, 750). On my visit to Tuck I had the same concerns that you have but met a bunch of students who entered with 3 years WE. If money is a concern and Tuck is your top choice, I would suggest applying to Tuck and Tuck only next year. Worse case scenario, you don't get in and apply to Tuck and a few others the following year. Tuck looks favorably upon reapplicants so it won't hurt your cause.

The reason I say January round as opposed to the first round is because that extra 4-5 months can actually improve your application. I applied to Columbia ED and had a great interview but was dinged with the feedback that I could use more work experience. Sure enough, a month after my ding I was promoted and now have two indirect reports. That could have been the difference between an admit and a ding at Columbia.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
eragotte wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply, that is very helpful advice. Again, since money is tight, do you think extra work experience will help me receive scholarships? Or is it mostly based on marks, need, community involvement?

Eragotte,

If you have a chance you should check out the Tuck Scholarship Page and see what is available.

When I visited back in November one of the students remarked, 'Dartmouth is a very rich school' <-- By no means does that mean they are just opening up their coffers to any Tom, Dick or Jerry but the do offer money to those who they feel can add value on a level that is more than just academic. So if you feel you have something truly unique to contribute in your extracurriculars or even a refreshing perspective it would be worth it to apply next fall. I know you said you had kind of a vanilla job, but I tend to believe those that can point to the fact they are doing either something really special in that job (or the more likely case) something special outside of it stand a decent shot at scholarship consideration.

Good luck & Cheers!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts