Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 09:06 It is currently 07 May 2024, 09:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Darden '12
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
I'll be on campus 22nd for the tour and lunch program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Round 1 Update
Date: October 09, 2009

Greetings. We're already deep into round 1 applications. As the leaves begin to turn colors (shameless plug for our spectacular foliage in New England) our board members burrow into their offices or study carrels in the library and we're drinking lots of coffee in Spangler in order to keep us on schedule.

We expect to begin sending out interview invitations on October 16. This year we may not be trying to send as many out on one day as we did last year... maybe more like a not-scientifically-measured stream until December 15. We really (really, really, really) don't know how many will go out on any given day. If you call and ask, we will say exactly that.

Interviews will take place during the month of November in Boston and in other hub cities. Detailed instructions to candidates about how to sign up for interviews will be included in their email invitation from us.

Don't worry about whether our email will get lost and we'll give away your interview spot. We don't do that. We'll find you. We've been doing this for a long time and we haven't lost anyone yet!

I will post updates whenever I think it would be helpful and others in our office will keep you current through Twitter and Facebook.

And I'm hoping that I can devote one post each week to answering your questions.

OCTOBER 16th! How fast are they going on these?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
is anyone else going to prospective students day @HBS in 2 weeks? i'd love to be able to put a face to a (screen) name 8-)

I'll be there. Do you plan on dressing business casual during the day or simply casual?
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
i think i read on their website that it's business casual. are you going to the informal event the night before as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I attended the event last year and had a great time.
The dress code was business casual.
I also participated in the informal event with current students in the evening, and it was also quite helpful!

Enjoy :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hello,

do hbs have official blog where current students act as blogger and posting there experience and activites ? example lbs mba blog ...... lbs blog is just superb all current students experiences are posted ...it is really helping me understanding lbs .....it will be really beneficiary to me if hbs have such blog ...if they dont have plz suggest me some blogs where current or past students of hbs post there view
thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
sharstarz12 wrote:
Round 1 Update
Date: October 09, 2009

Greetings. We're already deep into round 1 applications. As the leaves begin to turn colors (shameless plug for our spectacular foliage in New England) our board members burrow into their offices or study carrels in the library and we're drinking lots of coffee in Spangler in order to keep us on schedule.

We expect to begin sending out interview invitations on October 16. This year we may not be trying to send as many out on one day as we did last year... maybe more like a not-scientifically-measured stream until December 15. We really (really, really, really) don't know how many will go out on any given day. If you call and ask, we will say exactly that.

Interviews will take place during the month of November in Boston and in other hub cities. Detailed instructions to candidates about how to sign up for interviews will be included in their email invitation from us.

Don't worry about whether our email will get lost and we'll give away your interview spot. We don't do that. We'll find you. We've been doing this for a long time and we haven't lost anyone yet!

I will post updates whenever I think it would be helpful and others in our office will keep you current through Twitter and Facebook.

And I'm hoping that I can devote one post each week to answering your questions.

OCTOBER 16th! How fast are they going on these?

So Harvard will start sending out interview invitations tomorrow? Fingers crossed!
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
2012dreams wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:
is anyone else going to prospective students day @HBS in 2 weeks? i'd love to be able to put a face to a (screen) name 8-)

I'll be there. Do you plan on dressing business casual during the day or simply casual?

im driving up to cambridge right now...just made a pitstop in ct for some food. are you going to the informal session tonight? or just the event tmw
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
has anyone received an interview invitation yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I haven't

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
radeal wrote:
has anyone received an interview invitation yet?

I haven't, either. Does anyone know if they call or email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Interview invites are via email. I think in past years, they usually send things out at 12pm ET every day (both interview invites and admissions decisions)... but I could be wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, IB
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago, LBS
 Q49  V38
Send PM
99% that it would be mail, unless they fail to deliver it.
I think that everybody is agitated though, I think there is no matter to write about no invitation - but to wait for lucky ones that recieved it and hopefully would let us know about it :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Zyskind wrote:
99% that it would be mail, unless they fail to deliver it.
I think that everybody is agitated though, I think there is no matter to write about no invitation - but to wait for lucky ones that recieved it and hopefully would let us know about it :)

Was there a commitment to send out all the invites on the same day? Or will it be staggered?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Just got the email!

Dear XXXX,

Warm greetings from Harvard Business School!

After careful consideration of your application materials, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected for an interview with a member of our MBA Admissions Board. We look forward to the opportunity to get to know you better through our interview process.

We use an online scheduling system to manage our interview process. Since we know that many of our interviewees expect to travel to either our campus in Boston or one of our global hub cities for their interview, we are sending this message in advance so that you are aware of where our Admissions Board members will be traveling and when. We hope this advance notice is helpful to you as you plan for your interview.

We will have interview slots available in the following locations:

Boston (on the HBS campus): Every weekday from November 2-25
Chicago: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
London: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 24, 25
Los Angeles: October 29 and 30
Menlo Park: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Mumbai: November 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
New York City: November 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Paris: November 17 and 18
San Francisco: November 5, 6, 7, 8
Shanghai: November 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

You will receive another email from HBS MBA Admissions at noon on Monday, October 19 with a link to our online scheduling system. You will be able to select a specific interview slot at that time. Please note that all of our interview slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the past, our interview slots have filled very quickly, so we encourage you to be prompt in selecting your slot.

Telephone interviews may be offered for some international applicants. These slots will also become available at noon on October 19.

Again, we hope this advance notice is helpful to you. Thank you for your interest in Harvard Business School, and we look forward to meeting you soon.

Sincerely yours,
MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Dillon House
Boston, MA 02163
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
excellent news - congrats

HCGirl10 wrote:
Just got the email!

Dear XXXX,

Warm greetings from Harvard Business School!

After careful consideration of your application materials, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected for an interview with a member of our MBA Admissions Board. We look forward to the opportunity to get to know you better through our interview process.

We use an online scheduling system to manage our interview process. Since we know that many of our interviewees expect to travel to either our campus in Boston or one of our global hub cities for their interview, we are sending this message in advance so that you are aware of where our Admissions Board members will be traveling and when. We hope this advance notice is helpful to you as you plan for your interview.

We will have interview slots available in the following locations:

Boston (on the HBS campus): Every weekday from November 2-25
Chicago: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
London: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 24, 25
Los Angeles: October 29 and 30
Menlo Park: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Mumbai: November 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
New York City: November 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Paris: November 17 and 18
San Francisco: November 5, 6, 7, 8
Shanghai: November 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

You will receive another email from HBS MBA Admissions at noon on Monday, October 19 with a link to our online scheduling system. You will be able to select a specific interview slot at that time. Please note that all of our interview slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the past, our interview slots have filled very quickly, so we encourage you to be prompt in selecting your slot.

Telephone interviews may be offered for some international applicants. These slots will also become available at noon on October 19.

Again, we hope this advance notice is helpful to you. Thank you for your interest in Harvard Business School, and we look forward to meeting you soon.

Sincerely yours,
MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Dillon House
Boston, MA 02163
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HCGirl10 wrote:
Just got the email!

Congratulations HCGirl10 ! What was the time on the e-mail, were they all send in one batch?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  79   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts