Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
RogerDodger wrote:
Never visited Chicago in the winter but I hear it get's pretty darn chilly.

I've been in Alaska in January and I've been in Chicago in January. Chicago wins the "coldest" contest by a mile. Never felt cold like that before.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Is there anywhere on the Round 1 portion to list post-undergraduate extension courses you've taken? I can only find the inputs for graduate degrees. Anyway, I'd love to input my extension courses.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
mc wrote:
thedarklard wrote:
Just submitted R1. And so it starts...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing how interviews go.

Thanks mc, will definitely keep everyone here updated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Submitted Part 1 , a couple of days back . Did anybody get calls for off campus interviews yet ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
sanlitun wrote:
Submitted Part 1 , a couple of days back . Did anybody get calls for off campus interviews yet ?

I'm still waiting. I submitted Part 1 last week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Kellogg, Ross: R1, Insead, ISB R2
Send PM
Thanks wiredo. Thats something like what Ross is asking for on their essays so sounds like a good guideline.

wiredo wrote:
LEtranger wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know what format (font, spacing, document type etc) the essays have to be in? The only instruction I found in the application was for a 1 inch margin at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance,

Hmm ... I hadn't thought about this yet. I think I'll stick to the following format though
Document type: PDF
Margin: 1 inch all around
Font/size: Times New Roman, size 11
Spacing: Not sure yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Kellogg, Ross: R1, Insead, ISB R2
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:
The top part of the recommendation letter form has a place for you to waive your rights and sign etc. Do I need to sign this and give the to my recommender for them to fill out the rest and actually upload this exact form? Or do they type in their answers after they receive the link from the school?

For Kellogg, the recommenders upload their recommendation as a Word document or PDF. For all of the schools, your recommenders will receive an email with a link to the recommendation page.

There is a 2-4 page limit for the recommendations. I am guessing this is for the total of all questions, and not for each of the 5 questions?
Current Student
Send PM
Was looking for some advice on how to approach this:

I reached out to a Kellogg alum (husband of my wife's friend) to learn more about Kellogg and get some advice, etc. We had a great conversation over a couple beers - he was honest about things he liked and didn't like about Kellogg, and I shared some mistakes I've made and problems with my application.

I found out last night that he was going to be interviewing applicants in my area. Should I request an off-campus in an effort to get him as my interviewer (It's pretty likely I'd get him - he said there was only one more alum in the area)? Would he maybe use things I told him against me? Would he even be allowed to interview me, or would he be expected to decline?

I was originally planning on an on-campus interview, but I may try to work this to gain a bit of an advantage...I'm just not sure if it's worth it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Hey guys

anyone with insight into recommendations. I'm thinking about asking one from my direct manager and one from another manager within the business (my relationship with her is more through our company's affinity group. I've worked for her in that capacity, organizing conferences, community service and networking events etc.)

My question is whether a formal relationship is expected with your recommender
(e.g. a former supervisor, previous employer, client, etc.)

appreciate any insight :)

Thanks guys
Current Student
Send PM
bpenn wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:

I've been in Alaska in January and I've been in Chicago in January. Chicago wins the "coldest" contest by a mile. Never felt cold like that before.

:shock: Better pack some gloves.

Matador - this is just my personal opinion, but I think you're safe here. Schools seem to stress the importance of having a current supervisor (or client, etc. if you don't have a supervisor) for at least one recommendation. Since that base is covered, I'd say another manager who knows you in a different light would be fine, and probably a good thing, since they can speak to another aspect of your candidacy.
Current Student
Send PM
mc wrote:

I reached out to a Kellogg alum (husband of my wife's friend) to learn more about Kellogg and get some advice, etc. We had a great conversation over a couple beers - he was honest about things he liked and didn't like about Kellogg, and I shared some mistakes I've made and problems with my application.

I found out last night that he was going to be interviewing applicants in my area. Should I request an off-campus in an effort to get him as my interviewer (It's pretty likely I'd get him - he said there was only one more alum in the area)? Would he maybe use things I told him against me? Would he even be allowed to interview me, or would he be expected to decline?

I was originally planning on an on-campus interview, but I may try to work this to gain a bit of an advantage...I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

Hmm, that's an interesting situation you're in. My first thought is he'd probably be expected to decline and the other alum would interview you, but of course I could be wrong. Whether or not he interviews you, you'll still have to answer the same questions. I suppose the 'stress factor' would be significantly lower since you already know the guy, but if you're a good in the hot seat, that's going to be a wash anyway. My real concern is what items (problems with application, mistakes) you discussed during your initial meeting. I'm sure none of them were show-stoppers, but if they are leaning that way, I probably wouldn't want my interviewer walking in knowing about them beforehand.

I also recently found out that a client director that works in the same org as me is a Kellogg alum, and he's a very nice guy. Too bad I already scheduled an on-campus :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
RogerDodger wrote:
bpenn wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:

:shock: Better pack some gloves.

Matador - this is just my personal opinion, but I think you're safe here. Schools seem to stress the importance of having a current supervisor (or client, etc. if you don't have a supervisor) for at least one recommendation. Since that base is covered, I'd say another manager who knows you in a different light would be fine, and probably a good thing, since they can speak to another aspect of your candidacy.

Thanks RD, appreciate the quick response
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy / Operations
Schools:Kellogg R1 (waitlist), LBS R1 (waitlist), <strong>Ivey+$$$</strong>
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Program Management / Marketing / Technology Integration
Send PM
I just set up a date with my off-campus alum interviewer. Anyone else received the off-campus interview email yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance &amp; Strategy
Schools:Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg &amp; Darden
 Q47  V40
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)
Send PM
I received it yesterday!! Haven´t arranged a date yet though
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneuship- Sustainable Manufacturing
Schools:Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
 Q43  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q45  V41
GPA: 2.1
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Send PM
I am in for R2
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
mc wrote:

It sounds like something that could definitely work to your advantage if he's willing to help you out, but it's also unethical. Based on the training for alum interviewers and the honor code, there's a good chance that he won't be able to interview you (conflict of interest). As to whether he would hold things against you, I guess that depends on your relationship.
Current Student
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
mc wrote:

It sounds like something that could definitely work to your advantage if he's willing to help you out, but it's also unethical. Based on the training for alum interviewers and the honor code, there's a good chance that he won't be able to interview you (conflict of interest). As to whether he would hold things against you, I guess that depends on your relationship.

Thanks for the insight. I think I'll schedule an on-campus interview regardless.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts