Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi,
I was an R2 applicant for Ross...
I was waitlisted on March 15, and received invite on 19, and got interviewed on March 22.
So, I did not have enough time to supply any new info to get out of the waitlist...
It is also possible that I was waitlisted because I had some missing materials and I could only complete them on Jan 23, 19 days after R2 deadline...
However, my question is:
Should I still send them an update to strengthen my candidacy although I had the chance to mention my updates on my interview yesterday and also delivered my updated resume...
Sending an additional recommendation letter from an alumni will be also possible...
I really appreciate any insight on this...
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
amaterasu wrote:
Hi,
I was an R2 applicant for Ross...
I was waitlisted on March 15, and received invite on 19, and got interviewed on March 22.
So, I did not have enough time to supply any new info to get out of the waitlist...
It is also possible that I was waitlisted because I had some missing materials and I could only complete them on Jan 23, 19 days after R2 deadline...
However, my question is:
Should I still send them an update to strengthen my candidacy although I had the chance to mention my updates on my interview yesterday and also delivered my updated resume...
Sending an additional recommendation letter from an alumni will be also possible...
I really appreciate any insight on this...

In my opinion, if you have anything Notable that you wanted added to you application then you can send it in. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it, since it sounds like you were wait listed without interview and now just interviewed so that should have changed your application depending how the interview went.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
jhlee wrote:
Have any R2 admits received their admissions binder? I haven't received mine yet.

jhlee,

I haven't gotten my admissions binder either. They did say that it would be closer to the end of the month.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
What is the last day for deposit to be submitted for Round 2 admits?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:

I'm pretty sure May 1 is the deadline.
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
tfincham86 wrote:
dbanerj wrote:

I'm pretty sure May 1 is the deadline.

It is.

If you log in, there is a PDF with the dates.

You need to be logged in to iMpact to see this:

https://www.bus.umich.edu/studentlife/ad ... st2012.pdf
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Does anyone know how strong the Ross network is in New York? Really having a hard time deciding between Johnson and Ross right now. I've searched iMpact and get over 400 hits in Finance but shouldn't there be more?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:
Does anyone know how strong the Ross network is in New York? Really having a hard time deciding between Johnson and Ross right now. I've searched iMpact and get over 400 hits in Finance but shouldn't there be more?

I count about 2500 hits on the Alumni directory...NY is probably the most well represented after Chicago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Can any current students or others comment on why Ross seem to have higher unemployment rates than peer schools (Duke, Darden, Anderson) and schools with lower rankings (Kelley, Olin)

I'm guessing there are factors at play here. Perhaps industries that Ross students typically recruit into are down on recruiting?

Source is this article

https://poetsandquants.com/2011/11/08/mb ... s-of-2011/
Current Student
Send PM
It's more of a function of graduation dates than anything else - Ross is one of the earliest schools to graduate their students (end of April) so they haven't had as long to recruit than schools that graduate later.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:

I don't know compared to Johnson, but Ross has a large continent in the New York Area, especially BBA's, there's like 50%+ that end up there. Within the MBA's there also a large continent this year going, some of us were discussing where to live today. Between Consulting, Financial Services, and Marketing - New york is probably the 2nd largest group after chicago.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
afyl128 wrote:
Can any current students or others comment on why Ross seem to have higher unemployment rates than peer schools (Duke, Darden, Anderson) and schools with lower rankings (Kelley, Olin)

I'm guessing there are factors at play here. Perhaps industries that Ross students typically recruit into are down on recruiting?

Source is this article

https://poetsandquants.com/2011/11/08/mb ... s-of-2011/

There are a lot of factors I think, and it's impossible to see what specifically is the reason(s) but here are a couple reasons:

In relation to the other schools, we have a large portion that take longer to recruit IE Non-profit, Erb (natural resources), and Entrepreneurs (this one is less so, but I know probably about 2% who aren't recruiting and plan to launch a company)

These individuals tend to be more selective and commit later.

Also for the down turn, Ross had a higher percentage in General Management which have been slower to hirer new people because of the recession. Consulting tends to be consistent year in year out (some dip in 2008-2009 but not much).

Other than that it would be interesting to see what the numbers are for this year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks GoBruin and Woomba.

Good answers, but it still is a little worrying. I suppose erbers have been hit particularly hard with the downturn in sustainability.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
My personal take is that focusing on the employment numbers isn't very useful after a certain % value due to all the imperfect information out there (timing differences, different student make up,etc.)- and all of the top 15 schools pass that mark.

If you're considering between Ross and another school, you're better off going through Employment reports of those schools and looking at how many companies that you're interested in recruited people from that school and how many people they took. That will probably get you more meaningful data than focusing on the % values.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
woomba wrote:
My personal take is that focusing on the employment numbers isn't very useful after a certain % value due to all the imperfect information out there (timing differences, different student make up,etc.)- and all of the top 15 schools pass that mark.

If you're considering between Ross and another school, you're better off going through Employment reports of those schools and looking at how many companies that you're interested in recruited people from that school and how many people they took. That will probably get you more meaningful data than focusing on the % values.

I think for the same reasons using students hired by individual companies from different schools isnt that meaningful.
It very much depends on student interest in these companies which is hard to gauge. I read that 2012 has been a good year though, I'm keen to see the results.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'm in DC and I haven't got my admissions binder yet. Does everybody get yours?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.62
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
When is the next time WL applicants could expect to hear anything from Ross? Is there a definite positive to sending a mediocre update versus no update? I loved Ross and I hate being in a state of limbo.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77   78   79  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts