Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 05:01 It is currently 04 May 2024, 05:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
dukes wrote:
I'm in.

That's awesome Dukes. One of the toughest tasks of this round, no doubt about it.

Congratulations!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations ! Tough choices.

dukes wrote:
Thanks guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello everyone,
I just got rejected from CBS today. I had my interview on March 15th. I already have 2 other offers, but I was curious about the message. Why do they recommend rejected students to apply to the January program? I mean if they don't think you're capable of finishing the program in 2 yrs, why would they think that you are a good candidate for the accelerated program?? Is it to get people to waste their money/time again on applications? Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
goonie79 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I just got rejected from CBS today. I had my interview on March 15th. I already have 2 other offers, but I was curious about the message. Why do they recommend rejected students to apply to the January program? I mean if they don't think you're capable of finishing the program in 2 yrs, why would they think that you are a good candidate for the accelerated program?? Is it to get people to waste their money/time again on applications? Thanks!!

I'm curious about this too... So sorry to hear your result. I'm still waiting mine though.

Congrat Dukes!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got my interview invite....

dukes, little.nemo and goonie.79 can you please share you itnerview experience?

Incidentally, I am going to be in NYC next week, so I am thinking of scheduling my interview in the city.

Any tips, would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
DJM, congrat! You'll make it!

My interview went very friendly and smoothly. No killing questions at all. The interviewer had some forms from school that he needed to fill in, so after asking me some basic questions like why MBA, future goals, etc... he chat with me for a while about some off-track topics (arising from my CV and answers to previous questions), then go back to the forms and ask me relevant questions to fill up the forms. I was asked which type of classroom environment do I like, and teamwork experience, leadership style... all frequently asked questions. Make sure you show your serious interest in matriculating to CBS. And the interviewer is very interested in your extra stuff (hobbies, community involvement, etc.) as well, so make sure you have nice stories to tell.

You'd better ask someone with admit already. I'm still waiting...

Best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
All,

I recently completed my interview. Went fairly well so hopefully I will hear back soon.

Any more updates from the ppl who interviewed?

CBS is my top choice, so am keeping my fingers crossed.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
DJM wrote:
All,

I recently completed my interview. Went fairly well so hopefully I will hear back soon.

Any more updates from the ppl who interviewed?

CBS is my top choice, so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck DJM, I'm pulling for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got my DING yesterday :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
little.nemo wrote:
Got my DING yesterday :(

Sorry to hear that little.nemo :? :shock:

But, you got into WH and Chi, right? Columbia has been an very tough school this year. However, I am glad you are into other top programs. Dont let this dissapoint you too much.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's too bad little.nemo. The RD round has been brutal at Columbia this year. I bet the admissions stats will be eye-popping when they come out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
submitted early Feb...went under review a few weeks later....absolutely no news at all....no interview invite. I guess I am pretty much dinged....I have a low GPA which proably killed my chances :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
submitted early Feb...went under review a few weeks later....absolutely no news at all....no interview invite. I guess I am pretty much dinged....I have a low GPA which proably killed my chances :(

Don't give up quite yet. But even if you do get dinged, don't view it as a knock against a certain aspect of your application. Its very, very tough to get into CBS if you submit your application that late in the game.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:

I would also add that CBS has been releasing some itnerview invites. I was checking out the BW forums and it seems that there where quite a few invites sent out the week before last.

I would say dont loose hope. After all the effort one puts into the GMAT and the essays, thats the least that least one can do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dukes,

Thanks for your insights on the interview process. As you recommended, I made sure that the interviewer understood tht CBS was on the top of my list and also that he realized how much I value the NYC location.

I think I was able to convey my message. Lets see if it works.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys. But just in case, I am already thinking about reapps next season. Thinking Jan 08 intake and Sept 08 intake.

Jan 08 intake will allow me to go to school earlier (i'm hitting 30 soon) and graduating with the class of 09. However it means moving to NY dead in the middle of winter, and i'm not sure how convenient or fun that would be. Also, no internship. Now, I've heard that people can suucessfully get full time IB/MC jobs without internships, is that true? How detrimental would it be to your full-time job search if you do not have an internship? I am a career switcher.

Sept 08 ED will just mean that i go to school when i'm pretty old. Is it possible to apply to Jan 08 and if dinged, then apply to Sept 08? Are they considered the same season or no?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8