Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance/General
 Q47  V38
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Re: Difficulty of school based on rep... [#permalink]
I am going to throw it out there that Darden isn't probably all that hard. It is a good reputation to keep though, isn't it? The hard school.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Is this advice / post based upon experience in an actual b-school? Can you tell me how easy is law school, medical school, and dental school?

bipolarbear wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "less-relaxing," but aside from Darden and those schools with notorious curves, I'd imagine it would be fairly easy to cruise through b-school if you really wanted to. Just take easy classes like intro to marketing...etc, find out which professors are easy, and voila you're done.
Of course, you ARE paying for your b-school education, so I don't think that would be a good idea.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Unfortunately I have yet to attend B-school so of course this is coming with a grain of salt. However I did attend an M7 undergrad and took several core business classes at the business school, and also have many classmates in the b-school with whom I've discussed their experiences.

I don't know you are bringing up law school, which in my opinion is a lot more academically rigorous. Not only is the grading more strict but the level of knowledge and preparation for exams is on an entirely different level. Just the idea of making hundred-page outlines would be enough to scare many business school candidates away.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I'm actually quite familiar with law school and the importance of 1L grades, the lack of motivation for upper years once they have secured their biglaw jobs, clerkships...etc.

Despite not having attended business school yet, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the primary determinant of the difficulty of your business school career is the courseload you choose and the difficulty of the specific professors. I don't think it's entirely different from undergrad, where the same person can get a 3.6 while taking graduate level classes or a 4.0 cruising through introductory humanities classes. All I'm saying is that the difficulty is what you make of it.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
 Q47  V42
Send PM
bipolarbear - check your private messages

bipolarbear wrote:
I'm actually quite familiar with law school and the importance of 1L grades, the lack of motivation for upper years once they have secured their biglaw jobs, clerkships...etc.

Despite not having attended business school yet, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the primary determinant of the difficulty of your business school career is the courseload you choose and the difficulty of the specific professors. I don't think it's entirely different from undergrad, where the same person can get a 3.6 while taking graduate level classes or a 4.0 cruising through introductory humanities classes. All I'm saying is that the difficulty is what you make of it.
GMAT Club Bot