Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 15:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Executive PGP in India or abroad

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-22-2014
GPA: 3
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Executive PGP in India or abroad [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 02:04
Hi,

I am an Engineering graduate (Mechanical) and have an work exp of 6 years in Business Development and Proposal Engineering from a mechanical manufacturing industry in Kolkata. I will be taking my GMAT in March-April of 2014..... I am interested in PGPX / PGPEx Courses. But not sure whether to take the course from a good B-school in India / Abroad.
Pls suggest, looking into the present job market and economic scenario....as I have to leave my present job, do the course for an year or so to get a better job profile and package, ofcourse :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 10

Re: Executive PGP in India or abroad [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 03:37
Two year MBA are better suited for those people who want to make bigger changes in their career. One year MBAs will also enable you to do that, but you may just find yourself putting in more effort to effect that change.

An Indian MBA may make more sense to you if your future plans are to stay in India only. Accruing a big financial burden may not make sense to you in that situation. If you are seeking a global perspective, then the American / European education gets my vote.

You have time until next year to explore various options/ locations for your MBA - the best way to find out is by checking websites of the b-schools that interest you.

Namita Garg,
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-22-2014
GPA: 3
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Executive PGP in India or abroad [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 20:44
Thanks Namita,

I am ready to put in the effort required for the One year MBA and also I have browsed some of the IIM's PGPX courses. But can you suggest names of some B-schools in India other than the IIMs from where I can get the One year MBA / Executive PGP after taking my GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '15

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

Re: Executive PGP in India or abroad [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 21:21
ashimn wrote:
Thanks Namita,

I am ready to put in the effort required for the One year MBA and also I have browsed some of the IIM's PGPX courses. But can you suggest names of some B-schools in India other than the IIMs from where I can get the One year MBA / Executive PGP after taking my GMAT.

Hi,
Other than the prominent IIM's (A/B/C) there's IIM Lucknow /Kozhikode too which offer 1 year MBA's.
Non IIMs are: ISB, XLRI-GMP, Great Lakes-Chennai, SP Jain. And SP Jain Global- Dubai/Singapore/Aus.

- Sandeep
Re: Executive PGP in India or abroad   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2013, 21:21