Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: feedback from yesterday's chat session - your thoughts? [#permalink]
The thing with adding another admissions consultant forum, and even the "Peer Review" forum is that they seem to attract a lot of people who request a "profile evaluation", post once or twice more and then never return to GMATClub.

How could this be resolved?

Praetorian wrote:
- More admission consultants
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Most importantly, what was the consensus on the school with the most attractive women?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
AZCFA wrote:
Most importantly, what was the consensus on the school with the most attractive women?

ASU Carey
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Glad to hear it. If ASU didn't take that one I was going to demand a recount.

Stuck up at times, not as pretentious as Cali, and very, very attractive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
The thing with adding another admissions consultant forum, and even the "Peer Review" forum is that they seem to attract a lot of people who request a "profile evaluation", post once or twice more and then never return to GMATClub.

How could this be resolved?

Praetorian wrote:
- More admission consultants

I think that a lot of this can be self regulated. I'm more than happy to give people feedback on their profiles and for some it might encourage them to do the same as they're going through their own process or after they're finished applying. If you (for example) don't want to give feedback to those who only have a few posts then that's your choice but for those of us who have a few minutes to help out it's fine. (I mean no offense at all Solaris, I know what you mean about being frustrated) For those who request a review and choose not to post again, we didn't like them anyway =]

Also I think it's a good idea to keep the evaluation requests in their own forum because inevitably the regular admissions board will get clogged with requests from these types anyway much like over at BW....
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
cereal255 wrote:

I mean no offense at all Solaris, I know what you mean about being frustrated. For those who request a review and choose not to post again, we didn't like them anyway

No worries, none taken.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
TL wrote:
just throwing out another idea...how about the ability to subscribe to an RSS feed for any particular thread? for example, I could get an RSS notification when someone responds to the Stanford thread or whathaveyou.

may be a good way to keep people tuned in to the the latest discussions :)

Is this feature not available with the "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the options section right below where we type in posts or via the "Bookmark Topic" at the top page of each thread? This would tune someone in to a particular thread if I'm not mistaken (although not a newly created thread).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
TL wrote:
just throwing out another idea...how about the ability to subscribe to an RSS feed for any particular thread? for example, I could get an RSS notification when someone responds to the Stanford thread or whathaveyou.

may be a good way to keep people tuned in to the the latest discussions :)

Is this feature not available with the "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the options section right below where we type in posts or via the "Bookmark Topic" at the top page of each thread? This would tune someone in to a particular thread if I'm not mistaken (although not a newly created thread).

You're right...the main difference here being receiving an RSS notification instead of a PM on your GMATClub account :) As far as I know there is no RSS functionality already being used...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Praetorian wrote:
Sorry if I missed anything. What do you guys think?

Can these chats be archived? I'd love to be able to go over past chats.

RF
Manager
Manager
Send PM
refurb wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
Sorry if I missed anything. What do you guys think?

Can these chats be archived? I'd love to be able to go over past chats.

RF

I know there was some concern about actually documenting/archiving the discussions from chat...for whatever reason :)

You could always just idle, or as I have started doing, join from a standalone IRC client and leave it open all the time :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
huh. Archiving these would be interesting - I'm not sure I'd want all our chats saved forever and ever. Also, I have no idea what the IRC thing TL was referring to means:

Quote:
You could always just idle, or as I have started doing, join from a standalone IRC client and leave it open all the time
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
huh. Archiving these would be interesting - I'm not sure I'd want all our chats saved forever and ever. Also, I have no idea what the IRC thing TL was referring to means:

Quote:
You could always just idle, or as I have started doing, join from a standalone IRC client and leave it open all the time

the web chat is an IRC plug-in, meaning you can install the IRC program and just connect to the chat room directly.

https://www.mirc.com/get.html
irc.mibbit.com
#gmatclub

plus, based on my observations, connecting with IRC circumvents the "full chat room" issue that has been preventing people from joining lately 8-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
by the way praet, i have a feeling we'll be getting more & more newcomers to the forums as applicants start coming out of the woodwork.

might i recommend clarifying some of the announcement/stickies to help newcomers more easily find information. for example the "pants pooping" thread has some good links (which could be expanded upon, i think) but the title is not very informative.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
thanks everyone. i am buried in work - i promise to get to this. :oops:

Quote:
by the way praet, i have a feeling we'll be getting more & more newcomers to the forums as applicants start coming out of the woodwork.

might i recommend clarifying some of the announcement/stickies to help newcomers more easily find information. for example the "pants pooping" thread has some good links (which could be expanded upon, i think) but the title is not very informative.

Organizing and making the information easily accessible is challenging - when we organize in anyway, we assume that the user will know exactly where to look. So we need to do this multiple ways, which means that we need everyone's help.

- Use your signature to highlight the threads/features that you find most useful (use permalink if there is a specific post you would like to highlight.)
- Give kudos if you find some post helpful - it will show up in the "best posts" feature.
- Send us your contributions or participate directly in the wiki project. It has a very easy to use text editor.
- Keep adding links to the knowledge vault.

whenever you want to implement changes, my request is to simply build some consensus and let me know what you want implemented. We don't make a ton of money, but we will gladly invest in your ideas if they require a budget :-). It may take us time, but we will get it done. I highly recommend the chat feature to brainstorm.

As I said in some other thread, the forum is as useful as the members want it to be. Share, be nice and just hope everyone else does the same. 80,000 posts is a lot of evidence for my belief. I think we have something good here. Please help each other and nurture this.

Yes, I am repetitive. :oops:
GMAT Club Bot