Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:59 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:59

Gies iMBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 24, 20
Interviewed on:
Apr 20, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Short interview (15min) Questions: - Why MBA in your current career stage? - How do you think you fit with the program? given that average experience is 10 years and average age is 37 - What can you contribute to the class? and then assigned 5 mins for my questions. final interview feedback was postive"
7.5 years
United States
Gies iMBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 21, 20
Interviewed on:
Apr 16, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview took about 25 minutes. Questions asked: 1) You said in your essay xxx, can you talk to me about that 2) Why UI, why iMBA, why online 3) What can you contribute to the class 4) Tell me about working in teams 5) What concerns you the most ? Time management, course content, overwhelming, etc. Questions I asked: 1) What advice would you give an entering student 2) Any opportunity for assistantship 3) Asked about specializations/areas of focus"
This user wants to stay Private
United States
Full-Time
Debrief posted on  Mar 15, 19
Interviewed on:
Mar 15, 19
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"** Questions from Interviewer 1) Tell me about yourself which is not in your resume. 2) This program is very rigorous, do you think you can spend the time required to complete? 3) Why iMBA, there are many other online programs available? 4) What will you do during and after your iMBA? ** Questions I asked 1) What can this program brings me if I am enrolled? 2) Any suggestion for me if I become the alumni? The interview only took 15 mins."
7 years
Full-Time
Debrief posted on  Mar 13, 19
Interviewed on:
Mar 6, 19
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"It was around20 minutes. Tell us something about yourself we don’t know from your essay and resume? Then what would you contribute towards the class. Some conversation over this.. then my questions about the program and some conversation over that. I think it lasted 20-25 minutes."
Full-Time
Debrief posted on  Mar 13, 19
Interviewed on:
Mar 8, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Questions from Interviewer 1) Tell me about yourself which is not in your resume. 2) What is your current role in your organization and what do you do? 3) This program is very rigorous, do you think you can spend the time required to complete? 4) Why iMBA, there are many other online programs available? 5) How do you think MBA will help you? Questions I asked 1) If I'm accepted, can I take courses as soon as I join rather than waiting for fall? 2) What is the greatest asset of your school? 3) How do I make the most of my time in your program? Overall, the interview took 15 mins."
This user wants to stay Private
12.5 years
United States
Debrief posted on  Nov 21, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Dec 22, 15
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi guys, I received the interview invite today. Since on campus interview will be preferred, I guess I will use my last vacation day and have the interview on campus on the 22nd (confirming with the Adcom if they are open on that day even though the scheduling system shows yes). I have a question regarding the interview process though; in the email it said "We will conduct two-part interviews during your campus visit - one with Admissions and a second interview with Career Services. Each interview should take approximately 30 minutes." However, I don't see people emphasis the difference between these two parts and what to expect from these two parts. Can anyone finished the interview clarify this for me? Below is the interview information I found from the threads from the past two years: "The only questions he asked me directly were, 1. Tell me about your professional experience 2. What is your leadership style? 3. Other schools that I am applying to If I have to list down the topics we talked about, the list is below 1. Strengths 2. What will I bring to the Illinois community 3. How do I stand out 4. Activities I do during free time" - why illinois mba? - why mba now? - what can you contribute to the illinois mba? - what is your weakness as a leader? - tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it? - what other schools are you applying to? - where do you see yourself in 10 years? 1)Goals 2)why UIUC 3)What I am doing right now. How my skills align to that position 4)Weakness - Strengths 5)roles taken in the team 6) How do I motivate my team 7)Hobbies 8) Anything not covered in resume/application that I would like to highlight. 9)Questions to Adcom"
United States
Debrief posted on  Nov 21, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 7, 15
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"I had my interview last evening with Mark Lockwood. It was a very brief discussion. Lasted for only 19 mins! :o Not sure if Illinois keeps the interview short and concise. As far as I can recall the whole discussion went smooth and don't think I screwed up the interview either. The questions were the standard ones. - Little introduction about me - Was asked to emphasize on professional aspect. - The motivation behind doing MBA? - Questions on career goals. - Greatest Strength. - Why UIUC? The discussion ended with me asking a few questions."
India