Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:03

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 476 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2010, 11:12
Expert's post
Whoa, impressive. I'm actually planning to buy an iPhone probably in August, so this will interesting.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 355

Kudos [?]: 1730 [0], given: 357

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2010, 16:00
Expert's post
We've almost done with 1.3.7 update and ... as always be ready for a good surprise :)

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2010, 06:23
Which GMAT app do you recommand for BlackBerry handset?
I got Crimson Oak Academy GMT app, but it seems to only have low level of difficulty questions?
Best regards,
Eng
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2010, 00:29
This post received
KUDOS
Dear Walker,

While answering CR for OG11, I received a phone call that lasted 6 minutes. When I went back to continue where i left off, all of my attempts were deleted. I have experienced this before with different sections, but wasn't sure because those sections had previous attempts. This time however it was noticeable because I have just started the CR in OG11.

Thanks
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2010, 00:52
Expert's post
Hi,

Thank you for feedback. I will fix it in the next update

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2010, 23:20
Looking forward for the update :)

However, since you know the background process of this App, when does the application save my work? or what should I do to guarantee that my work is saved now? I really hate to see my two hours worth of work go to waste.

A suggestion:
For RC section, I would love to see the total time spent on answering all the question related to one passage. This way I can track my timing and improve my reading strategies.

Thanks
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2010, 01:52
Expert's post
Hi Bodosar,

Information from the Books is saved every time as you close the Books tool or the app. I'm going to add additional saving point at every 5 min or after completing 5-10 questions.

Thanks for suggestion about RC. I will post screenshots in a few days with updated design.

If you have any other ideas, please, let me know.

Thanks,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2010, 08:57
Expert's post
Hi Bodosar,

I was trying to replicate the issue but the app worked without any problem with saving. So, I guess something unusual happened. I'm going to play with app today and send you pm at the end of the day with detailed questions.

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 10:41
Expert's post
Hi All,

We are going to submit 1.3.7. update today with following improvements:

+ Multitasking and iOS4 support
+ DS question autoscan
+ "smart" autoscan
+ import/export functionality for the Books tool
+ tags for OG11, OG Verbal 2, OG Verbal Q2 books
+ improved usability for the Books tool - changed buttons in timing mode to avoid tapping the "stop" button accidentally
+ total time for RC blocks in the Books tool
+ button for feedback in the Practice for scanned questions: "Report wrong OA"
+ a calculator in the Practice and Books tools

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Special thanks to Bodosar, Vladik210 and Stanislove2001!

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 21:09
Expert's post
1.3.7. was submitted for review.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 23

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2010, 07:21
I have a question about the app. How do I add questions from the forum with the app?

GOAL: 7xx

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2010, 09:37
Expert's post
Hi Snkrhed,

In 1.3.6:

- open the Sets tool.
- under "Autoscan" label there are three "Start" buttons for SC, CR and PS questions.
- tap any (or all) "Start" buttons and the app will scan GMAT Club forums to get new questions
- wait or tap "Stop" buttons.
- Use "Filter" to choose sets (including the new questions).

In 1.3.7:

There is only one "Start" button. The app will get questions of SC, CR, PS and DS types to have at least 100 unanswered question of each type.

I hope it helps.
If you need any other assistance, please PM me or post here.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 09:26
Hi - I have a few questions.

For this app, does it have practice questions that come from all of the different sections of the test?

And if you want to download additional questions, do you have to pay more money?

Also, about the motivational advice and thoughts from people who scored in the 700-800 level, is this content updated?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 10:20
Expert's post
Hi testtaker10,

testtaker10 wrote:
For this app, does it have practice questions that come from all of the different sections of the test?

Now, you can practice 4 of 5 types of questions: PS, DS, CR, SC. The app doesn't contain Reading Comprehension questions as they are the least suitable for mobile devices (long passage + 3-8 questions). Nevertheless, we are going to add RC support in 1-2 months.

testtaker10 wrote:
And if you want to download additional questions, do you have to pay more money?

No.

testtaker10 wrote:
Also, about the motivational advice and thoughts from people who scored in the 700-800 level, is this content updated?

The content was selected on the base of members' debriefs for two years. They cover 90% - 95% main ideas. Probably we will add 50 or so new thoughts from 2010 year in next updates.

Best,
Walker

BTW, 1.3.7 update is in review ... Apple isn't fast these days...

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 13:07
Expert's post
1.3.7 is available for download!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 09:08
Do you plan to develop an app for iPad? I don't have iPhone, and the app for iPhone looks small on iPad
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 10:22
Expert's post
We are working on iPad adapted solution. It will be a universal app so current users will get it for free as an update. I hope we will release it in a month or early.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 13:42
Thanks, Walker. It might have sense to get an iPhone app and to upgrade it later
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2010, 14:40
Expert's post
Yeah, definitely. It's not going to be separate app for sure and 1 month for us to finish all work seems to be pretty reasonable.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 5

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2010, 08:50
just downloaded it. it is awesome.

Please consider giving me some kudos, if you find my post useful to you.

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2010, 08:50