Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 12:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Tools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
34 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2421

Kudos [?]: 10425 [34] , given: 3784

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2011, 20:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Cool GMAT Tools to Break the 700

If you like the tools, please rate them to help us determine the most useful GMAT tools!

1. Forum Timer v3
    All of the questions you attempt on the GMAT Club Forums with the built-in Timer will be saved in your workbook that you can use as an error log later to identify patterns, weaknesses, or attempt the questions you got wrong again. All of this with just 2 clicks of a mouse!
    • Use it as an automatic error log - all questions you attempt are recorded in a dedicated workbook area
    • Achieve better time management
    • Analyze your strengths and weaknesses
    • Practice in test-like conditions
    • Keep track of your progress (all of your timing and answer results are saved in Your Workbook)
    • Analyze detailed statistics (nice charts included)

2. GMAT Timer
    • Very flexible downloadable timer for PC (mac options available) written by Walker
    • Alarm mode
    • Countdown mode
    • Answer tracking
    • Performance statistics
    • Comes with sounds and all other possible bells & whistles

3. GMAT ToolKit for iPhone/iPad
    [Download GMAT Club App | Download GMAT ToolKit App]

Another cool tool by Walker - the best selling GMAT app in the iTunes store with 992 practice questions and features that will satisfy the wildest minds
    • Official Guide tracker
    • Timer
    • 992 practice questions
    • Flashcards
    • News
    • Game
    • 10 MGMAT ebooks can be purchased from within the app including 2 Interactive Books

4. GMAT PILL HD Mobile App
    [Download GMAT PILL HD for iPad, iPhone, and Android]

GMAT video apps by GMATPILL - over 1,200 videos and 500+ practice questions for the mobile young professional
    • Dual Mode: Video + Practice
    • Offline/Download capability
    • Compatible for both smartphones and tablets
    • Integrated DISCUSSION for each video and practice question
    • Mini-Drills for bite-sized learning
    • Premium membership allows for full access

5. Error Log
    Think of the error log as a list of problems you definitely want to go over in your final week of prep.
    • Questions you got wrong
    • Questions you got right,but with some divine intervention.
      (guessing)
    • Questions you got wrong in a timed environment. <-- Very very important

For each of the above categories, make sure to note down the software/book in which the problem was there and of course the problem number. This list, IF done properly, will be the BEST prep material you will ever find because its customized to help you on your weak areas. Work on this LIST in your final two weeks along with the official guide.

• Make sure you practice in a timed environment whenever possible.
    • Keep a spreadsheet and categorize your errors. at the end of every week, you will see a trend in your errors. analyze, write down a strategy to eliminate and stick to it.
    • The idea is that you should never make the same mistake twice :-) Prepping for long hours will NOT make any sense if we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.Use all the advantage you can. and eliminating silly errors is definitely possible.

6. GMAT Calendar
    [Download Sample1 | Sample 2]
    A new little tool one of the members developed to keep them honest and realistic about the prep.
    I would highly recommend placing a few days off here and there (that was my mistakes, not taking any time off and I think it has been too hard on me as the result)

7. Guide to the Official Guide
    [Download OG 12 Guide]
    Now, you may ask - do you really need a guide to the guide? Well, yes, if you are planning to practice a certain type of questions or if you would like to know their difficulty. You can download our spreadsheet that catalogs every question and also shows which questions are new to the OG 12 and which have been carried over from OG 11

8. GMAT Flash Cards
    [Download Flashcards by GMAT Club | Flashcards by Miguelmick]
    A very comprehensive set (actually several sets) of Flashcards for study on the go or just to jog your memory and knowledge. Now, Flashcards are not really a very comprehensive way to study but they can be very helpful if you combine the set already made with your own cards/tips/tricks/notes that you have made and in particular on the areas you have the most challenges with.

9. GMAT Question of the Day
    [Subscribe via E-mail | Subscribe via RSS Feed]
    This is an absolutely free service provided by GMAT Club - every day you will receive 2 questions (one math and one verbal). These will be 2 challenging questions with answers and explanations (link provided) from the tough question collection of GMAT Club Tests

10. Interactive Comparison Tool by GMAC
    Do you want to know how you compare to applicants from your country?
    Age group?
    Part time vs Full Time?
    Male vs Female?
    Man vs Monkey? Yep, they got it all!

11. GMAT Score Conversion Tables
    Do you need to convert percentiles, raw scores, or to know how many more V's or Q's you need to make that 700? This post is your friend with numerous tables, charts, and conversion tools. This is a different tool/table from the above

12. GMAT Score Calculator
    One final and very powerful Score Estimation tool! If you have taken Kaplan and made 650 and then got 700 on Manhattan GMAT - what GMAT score should you expect? (This tool will give you the idea!)

13. All GMAT Club Files & Downloads
    If you are looking for the other 3,000 tools, files, and resources on GMAT Club - this is the place to get them. This tool aggregates all of the GMAT Club forum files, attachments, and what have you (images are excluded) to give you an idea what people are downloading in which forums. Easy to navigate and even easier to fill your drive with an overload of GMAT stuff - warning, there are 100 pages.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Last edited by bb on 14 Apr 2014, 20:09, edited 9 times in total.
Update
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 39

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 22:50
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for the nice set of tools that you have provided once again
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 123

Kudos [?]: 631 [1] , given: 114

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:55
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
How accurate is the GMAT score calculator?

From what I've heard and seen, the GMAT calculator is fairly accurate. The challenge lies in the fact that you can change your score prediction with your "ability under pressure" and that even your practice tests aren't always accurate. But since the calc has been out, there has been a huge update of data that has been put into the sytem by users just like yourself, and I personally believe it has become even more accurate over the past few months (especially with Kaplan). It guessed within 10 pts of my actual score compared to my final practice test with Kaplan.

For the most accurate prediction of test day score, I would take the GMATprep tests from mba.com. They use the real GMAT algo. But obviously you have to set aside 3.5 hours. But if you are looking for a solid guestimate, probably within plus or minus 30pts, the GMAT calc is awesome! A great tool, and something unique to the GMATclub

Good luck to you!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 18:15
a very decent and necessary artillery of tools.
Thanks gmatclub :D \m/
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2011, 01:59
Very useful..Thanks :)

Thanks,
GC24

Please click Kudos ,if my post helped you ;)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2011, 02:41
Amazing collections, I am new to GC (although i registered in 2009 but left my dreams of GMAT for couple of years) but now as I am building courage again to face the devil, these tools r giving me enthu as if a warrior is preparing for battle ..... :lol: :lol:

Really thankx to guys who have written these tools ......

Great Dreamer's Dreams Are Never Fulfilled ............... They Are Transcended !!!

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton '15, CBS '15
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 08:50
Thanks BB... this is helpful!

Reward wisdom with kudos

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 03:41
Thanks , but any tool for android mobiles :p
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.08

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 104

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 19:48
Another great collection of resources. I'm downloading lots of these tools as of now and may consider getting the iPhone app as well.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 27

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:07
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 27

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 06:25
GMATLA wrote:
Quote:

From what I've heard and seen, the GMAT calculator is fairly accurate. The challenge lies in the fact that you can change your score prediction with your "ability under pressure" and that even your practice tests aren't always accurate. But since the calc has been out, there has been a huge update of data that has been put into the sytem by users just like yourself, and I personally believe it has become even more accurate over the past few months (especially with Kaplan). It guessed within 10 pts of my actual score compared to my final practice test with Kaplan.

For the most accurate prediction of test day score, I would take the GMATprep tests from mba.com. They use the real GMAT algo. But obviously you have to set aside 3.5 hours. But if you are looking for a solid guestimate, probably within plus or minus 30pts, the GMAT calc is awesome! A great tool, and something unique to the GMATclub

Good luck to you!

GMATLA, thanks for you answer! I really hope to stick to my historic of working better under pressure :)

Regards
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 10:52
Good resources for prep......Thanks

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 12:29
Very nice set of tools.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-15-2012
GPA: 3.65
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 09:40
So helpful!! Thanks so much!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 10:30
I wrote the Mangattan GMAT free test 1 and scored 680 and by selecting pressure-performance bar as Average, I see my projected GMAT score as 670!! Reading about the Manhattan test and also having written it myself, I know one thing for sure that it was somewhat tough anbd tricky. So I am curious to know whether this score calculator / estimator is actually projecting a correct score? If MGMAT 1 test was tough, shouldn't it transform to a higher score in GMAT?
Any advice / insights would be appreciated! Thanks.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 10425 [0], given: 3784

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 10:52
Expert's post
prakharsworld wrote:
I wrote the Mangattan GMAT free test 1 and scored 680 and by selecting pressure-performance bar as Average, I see my projected GMAT score as 670!! Reading about the Manhattan test and also having written it myself, I know one thing for sure that it was somewhat tough anbd tricky. So I am curious to know whether this score calculator / estimator is actually projecting a correct score? If MGMAT 1 test was tough, shouldn't it transform to a higher score in GMAT?
Any advice / insights would be appreciated! Thanks.

You mean the first MGMAT's test is much harder than the other 5 and therefore incorrectly reports the score? (MGMAT's issue) Thus you are suggesting that we should estimate based on each individual MGMAT test (Test 1, test 2, test 3, test 4, test 5, and test 6) - do i understand you correctly?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 11:26
Actually I am not comparing MGMAT1 with the other MGMATs, rather I am comparing the difficulty level of MGMAT1 with the actual GMAT. I may be wrong here, that's why seeking expert's advice! Would you rate MGMAT1 tougher than actual GMAT? If yes, then should 680 on MGMAT1 scale to a higher score in the actual GMAT?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 10425 [0], given: 3784

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 11:30
Expert's post
prakharsworld wrote:
Actually I am not comparing MGMAT1 with the other MGMATs, rather I am comparing the difficulty level of MGMAT1 with the actual GMAT. I may be wrong here, that's why seeking expert's advice! Would you rate MGMAT1 tougher than actual GMAT? If yes, then should 680 on MGMAT1 scale to a higher score in the actual GMAT?

I understand you now.

I think MGMAT aims to approach and have their score as close as possible to the real GMAT.

As to the GMAT Score calculator, it all depends on the data that is given/input into it. It is a very fancy formula but it calculates the results based on the reports from users and that's the result, based on which.... it is not much harder than then GMAT and is about 10 points below....

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2012, 11:38
bb wrote:
prakharsworld wrote:

I understand you now.
I think MGMAT aims to approach and have their score as close as possible to the real GMAT.
As to the GMAT Score calculator, it all depends on the data that is given/input into it. It is a very fancy formula but it calculates the results based on the reports from users and that's the result, based on which.... it is not much harder than then GMAT and is about 10 points below....

Got it, thanks much for your prompt responses!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Tools [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 09:50
I am having issues while using the Forum Timer / workbook.

The Quant prblms I solve are not being updated, only the Verbal problms I solve get updated.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks
Re: GMAT Tools   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2013, 09:50