Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Good resource for explaining what HBS looks for [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
What kind of online presence? Blog of some sort?

Taking initiative at work is starting an organization, changing the way something is done, redesigning a process, leading a recruiting team, creating a mentorship program or speakers series where senior leaders engage with junior resources.

Accounting and finance are certainly great to have. To demonstrate analytical experience, what have you done at work or outside that required analysis, critical thinking, modeling/projecting, analyzing research etc?

If you have other questions about positioning yourself well, send me a note scott@personalmbacoach.com or visit my site www.personalmbacoach.com to read more about how I can help.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
What kind of online presence? Blog of some sort?

Taking initiative at work is starting an organization, changing the way something is done, redesigning a process, leading a recruiting team, creating a mentorship program or speakers series where senior leaders engage with junior resources.

Accounting and finance are certainly great to have. To demonstrate analytical experience, what have you done at work or outside that required analysis, critical thinking, modeling/projecting, analyzing research etc?

If you have other questions about positioning yourself well, send me a note scott@personalmbacoach.com or visit my site https://www.personalmbacoach.com to read more about how I can help.

Good luck!

Yes a blog, but mores focusing on key events/moments with an opinion, updated regularly. But It can also be for career advice to African students (where I hail from).

That's much clearer now, thanks. In terms of Engaged Community Citizenship, what exactly are they looking for here, and how would they go about assessing this objectively?

Also, are the examples I gave pretty much what they mean when they say "Habit of Leadership" and "Analytical aptitude"
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes your examples are pretty good. In terms of how they assess, they look at the impact of what you have done. So how involved are you in a particular activity and what happened because of your work? What is your role and how did (fill in the blank) change because of your work?

The applicant who can answer those questions well has been engaged with the community.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived HBS Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our HBS Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated HBS Forum for all fresh things related to the HBS MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts