Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
rohanngupta wrote:
tommytrojan wrote:
Does anyone know if your status changes when they have received your official transcripts after the interview? Or is it perhaps removed as an additional item on your status page?

Same question please :)

When they received my transcripts the request note in my status just disappeared. I also got an email from someone in the admissions office that read ... "Thank you for submitting your official transcript(s). Your application for admission to the Berkeley MBA Program at the Haas School of Business is now complete."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vsetia wrote:
Does anyone know when the R3 interview invites start going out? or have they started already?

- V

According to last year's, the interview invites started going out nearly 6 weeks after the deadline,ie Jan 18. So I guess it might be sent from March.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
Send PM
Kudos
whirlwind wrote:
NBN wrote:
whirlwind wrote:
JUST GOT THE CALL!! I'M IN!!

03/20 is the deadline for R1 & R2

Are you sure about this? According to STM3456 below, it is 15th April for R2.

The admitted website states this:

Deposit Deadlines:
Round 1 and Round 2: March 20, 2012
Consortium: March 30, 2012
Round 3: May 1, 2012
Round 4: May 29, 2012

If you accept the offer, you will then be directed to the site to pay your $2,000 nonrefundable deposit. The enrollment deposit will be credited toward your fall semester tuition and fees. Pay the $2,000 deposit either online by credit card or by check made payable to UC Regents.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT Date: 12-21-2011
GPA: 3.77
WE:Information Technology (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
I got a call 40 minutes ago :) I had pretty prepared to not hear anything. Hang tight!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
nunes wrote:
I got a call 40 minutes ago :) I had pretty prepared to not hear anything. Hang tight!

Good to see some movement. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call from Stephanie about 10 minutes ago. Yipee!! I had given up hope too but was pretty pumped when I saw the 510 area code on my cell phone :-) Best wishes and fingers crossed for others!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.76
WE:Science (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my interview invite today! R3 applicant, located in Boston.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Got an R3 interview invite today. Based in New Delhi, India. That makes it 5 for 5 :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
pavithrajoshi wrote:
All these days my application status said 'Application under Review', and now it says 'The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed.'

Since I haven't heard from them yet, should I assume this to be a ding?

I'm a Round 3 international applicant.

I doubt it.
Mine says the same thing - and I've been admitted.

My interviewer (off campus) said not to draw too many conclusions from these things because it's a small adcom and they aren't as prompt at sending out status updates at some other schools.

Having said that, I'm getting concerned because a week and a half later I still haven't received an admit letter or admit pack, and with deposit deadline of 3/20, that leaves me mere days to decide (and I basically need to decide by the 15th, because I'm out of the country between then and the 21st, so a) not receiving mail (should admit pack come at that time), and b) not online/ connected (so can't pay the deposit after the 15th)

They're really cutting it close! I do feel it's a bit unfair for them to take 3+ months to review our app, and then give us just days to make a decision - the R2 deposit deadline really should be at some point in April.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
whirlwind wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
Question for current Haas Students and Alumni... what is Haas really looking for? I'm going to Tuck, but I'm curious because Haas was the one school that I felt as if they were looking for a certain 'type' of candidate. I reached this conclusion in my interview, when my interviewer kept saying, 'the typical Haas student... this, the typical Haas student... that" Perhaps my observations are misguided, but after getting the DING I'm even more intrigued.

As a new admit maybe I can try answer this one.
I feel that they take their 4 defining principles very seriously and actually try to admit candidates who have shown dedication and commitment towards these 4 principles in their professional and personal lives. My interviewer made the foll statements which also give an idea of the 'typical' Haas student:
1. The Haas student's primary motivation is not money. Obviously money is important but the Haas student is chasing positive impact in society and business and making money is a positive byproduct.
2. (On me asking what is the most under-represented strength of Haas) It is the fact that a lot of the great work done by Haas alumni doesn't get highlighted or celebrated in the media because it is in the non-profit sector. A lot of Haas alums are making amazing innovations and making a genuine difference to the lives of people through their work but because this is all grass-roots work and cannot necessarily be quantified in monetary terms, it gets overshadowed by what can be quantified such as the stratospheric starting salaries of the finance/consulting grads of other schools.

I'll agree to an extent - but Haas is a BUSINESS school. It would be foolish to assume that (most) Haas students are willing to pay over $100,000 for an education to make money as a byproduct of their efforts

If you look at the four principles, Haas is looking for people who seek to innovate - improving both themselves and those around them in a business setting. This can manifest in both non-profit and for-profit arenas (i.e. consulting, tech, finance - where many students end up). They look for confident, smart applicants who are humble enough to realize they always have room to improve. If you talk to most Haas admits and students, you will find that they're full of ideas and want to make an impact in some way. Lots of people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds with a similar innovative mindset...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
nikheel, I didn't see any super Saturday... the choices were on (1 hr time blocks) and off campus.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

A little late. Actually a lot late but I got dinged in R1. Congrats to those who got in.

I am planning to apply for Fall 2014 now.

Since getting dinged I have started up my own e-commerce venture https://www.laptopskinvault.com (Shameless plug: check it out if you get the chance) and it is going great.

So all those who are fretting over getting in or not don't worry. While B-school will help you it is not the end of the world just be positive.

All the best to those who got in and those who don't. Just remember it is not the end of the world.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Likewise, preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. I'm on the East Coast with a long-term lease ending soon. Hoping to hear back sooner rather than later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
cmf12 wrote:
Good luck at Tuck, it's a great business school as well. What round did you apply? did you submit any other materials while on the waitlist?

I applied R3,...got wait-listed without interview. Took the interview and blew it outta the park,..to the extent that the interviewer told me flat out that he'd highly recommend me. Submitted an extra essay addressing "Why Haas",..I felt it was a very strong essay. Frankly, between the interview and the additional essay I think I just about maximized my chances of getting in off the wait-list. Of course this was all before I got into Tuck, but my curiosity about the Haas result got the better of me,.... which is why I didn't withdraw. Best of luck friend.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
From another board I read a message posted by a R2 waitlister who was accepted last Tuesday (May 22). They said their deposit was due Wednesday, May 30. With R4ers having their deposit (supposedly) due today, I am making an assumption that they're clearing the deck with R1 and R2 waitlisters, waiting for their deposits to get a gauge on their class, and (hopefully) reaching out to the R3 waitlisters after Wednesday.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi bb

In the Business school guide for Berkeley, there is a link that says -
"kryzak's Kellogg vs. Haas vs. Anderson (Large scholarships at all three schools!)"

When I click on it, it says I am not authorized to view that forum. Why so?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
golantrevize wrote:
Hi bb

In the Business school guide for Berkeley, there is a link that says -
"kryzak's Kellogg vs. Haas vs. Anderson (Large scholarships at all three schools!)"

When I click on it, it says I am not authorized to view that forum. Why so?

Thanks for asking!
That was linking to a user's personal profile (in the User Profile Forum that is available on an invitation only basis since it contains personal information of many users). Sorry the link made it in the MBA guide.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts