Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Engineering, English
GPA: 4.4
WE 1: Operations, Marketing
WE 2: Finance, Consulting
WE 3: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="">www.mbaadcom.com</a><!-- w -->
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink]
Kudos
02163 wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:
02163 wrote:
why are you guys all going to Asia..

Uh .... visiting home? :D

I was also in Africa a month ago. I'll be back in the US in a week though. Sigh. School. Senior Year.

I c. I am going back to Hong Kong in mid august and come back in mid September... Where are you from?

Questions about the motherland! Sent you a PM :)

Quote:
Thanks! Good luck with you too! I know you will get in! I will definitely refer to you if I have questions :P possibly once you get in, alumni connection? haha. Are you finishing off your fourth year this year?

Thank you. If I get in, I'll definitely help as much as I can. I'm done with my third year and will be graduating May 2012.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks Saptak. Yes, me and GooglePlus got interviews. There was also one more girl in the chat who got an interview invite.

rpsingh and toucan: Sorry :(
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Kudos
FOR ALL 2+2 INTERVIEW INVITE KIDS. FYI.
THESE ARE FROM YEARS PAST, AND I DONT EXPECT THEM TO CHANGE. Hi Sandy

My interview (for 2+2) was ----. Shes really nice and welcoming!

Questions:

a) How is your summer going?
b) What do you do at work?
c) Are these your own projects or did you become a part of something that was ongoing?
d) What is your dream job?
e) Questions about my boss and his companies (business model)
f) Why 2+2?
g) What risks does 2+2 allow you to take? Give an example of a risk
h) Strengths
i) Weaknesses
j) A misconception about you that people get when they first meet you?
k) A product that you admire?
l) Tell me something about yourself that will surprise me?
m) Anything else?
=============

hbsguru wrote:
HBS 2+2 MOCK INTERVIEWS
https://hbsguru.com/2+2Interviews.html
I DO A LOT OF THEM:

Since the 2+2 program began, HBS has probably interviewed close to 450-500 2+2 candidates in total and I have done mock interviews with close to 20 of them --and that is just the 2+2 program.

Last year, for its regular admission cycle, HBS interviewed 1800 people--I gave mock interviews to over 100 of those 1800 people.

I really know how to do this, read testimonials RIGHT AT BOTTOM HERE
https://hbsguru.com/2+2Interviews.html

Over the past 10 years, I have probably done over 600 HBS mock interviews. My knowledge of how to prepare you for an HBS mock interview is based on those experiences.

I KNOW QUESTIONS TYPICALLY ASKED TO 2+2 CANDIDATES, BOTH US AND INTERNATIONAL--THOSE WHO ARE LIBERAL ARTS MAJORS, SOCIAL SCIENCE MAJORS, AND SCIENCE MAJORS.

1.I know typical HBS questions often asked to 2+2 candidates with summer work experience as investment bankers, venture capital and hedge fund associates, medical and lab researchers, non-profit interns, Washington interns, Obama interns, McCain interns, Palin nannies and sled dog wranglers, interns at Fortune 500 companies, interns at start-ups and kids who started their own companies.
2.I know how to help you formulate your core story in ways which can be applied to many questions.
3.I can predict trouble areas in your application and help you come up with talking points to deal with them.
4.I can sense what your particular needs are in terms of presentation, for example, if you don't get to the point soon enough (a possibly fatal habit) or if you appear too aggressive or too arrogant or confident in the wrong way for often thin-skinned (and just plain thin) HBS interviewers (some of whom are predisposed not to like bankers).
5.I can help you create a back story for your goals which creates a solid platform for Why MBA, Why HBS?
6.can help you prepare a strong answer to the question "Why should we take you?" This questions is often asked in several forms:
◦"What can YOU contribute to case method discussion based on background and experience?"
◦"How will your classmates remember you?"
◦"How have you grown as a leader?"
7.I can calm you down, although that will not be the first thing that happens.
8.I can help you formulate answers to 'ice-breaker' questions such as:
◦"I already know you from your application, just tell me what you think the three defining moments in your life are?"
◦"Pretend I have not read your application and I just met you. Tell me who you are, what you've done, and where you want to be 15 years?"
9.I can help prepare you to face such recently popular questions as:
◦"What is one thing that is not immediately apparent about you to others?"
◦"How would your friends describe you?"
◦"How has the financial crisis impacted you, your friends, your industry and your goals?"
THE PROCESS:THE MOCK INTERVIEW IS DONE BY PHONE.
If you want a mock HBS interview, send me an email to hbsguru.com, telling me when your interview is, what time zone you are in, what days and times are good for you, and attaching a resume. I will reply back w. dates and times, etc. Then you send me a pdf of your HBS application and we set up a time for the interview. Mock interviews take about 60-70 minutes. The price is $350.00 dollars USD. You pay me when we speak and do the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Kudos
solb22 wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:
Can we please not swear or be rude to each other? Please don't force me to moderate this thread. Thanks.

Ehy were all adults, we can handle a little swearing. And whiplash how are you even a moderator?

hey solb22, it's better not to use curse words in a public forum! save those for your PMs! and as for how come whiplash is a mod, i think around 2000 posts & more than 600 kudos are enough to make one a moderator!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
I think I did pretty okay, overall. The interview was very conversational. It flowed pretty well. Most of the questions were pretty application specific to an extent, yes. She asked me what I did this summer, the previous summer and so on and had follow up questions to the answers I gave. Then it was about my international experiences, proudest moments, some weaknesses/critiques and a few personal questions. I can't really delve too much into detail because they were pretty application specific. But I'd say go prepared with your goals, where the MBA fits in with the goals and know your application really well.

The observer was also taking notes. I talked to both of them though the observer didn't ask any questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Concentration: Engineering, English
GPA: 4.4
WE 1: Operations, Marketing
WE 2: Finance, Consulting
WE 3: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="">www.mbaadcom.com</a><!-- w -->
Send PM
Kudos
saptak1990 wrote:
Had a question about the accomplishments and the setbacks essays... which is recommended among the following for arranging the individual stories within the essays?
  1. In chronological order
  2. In reverse-chronological order
  3. According to importance
  4. In any order

Start with a strong accomplishment / your most important accomplishment. Then mix it up between professional / non-professional. Other than that, order really doesn't matter.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]
Kudos
Same here, Sampo. Recommendations etc. are all done; just essays are giving me a really hard time!!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]
Kudos
spencebe wrote:
I applied Round 3, still waiting to hear back, woooooooo

well, I assume you know they are sending out interview invites on the 17th and 24th, see Dee Leopold's blog.

Quote:
We'll be sending out interview invitations in two waves this round, April 17 and 24. Candidates not being invited to interview will be notified of their release on April 24. Interviews will be conducted only here on campus - no hub city interviews - and by Skype, if necessary. Dates will be May 4, 7, 10 and 11. Note: We hope and expect to see applications from college seniors for the 2+2 Program. We know that you are likely to be in exams during our interview dates. We will make accommodations on a case-by-case basis...so don't worry.

As always, I hope this is helpful.

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/m/admissions/blo ... 2012-04-05
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.73
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
This year is going to be tougher than last year, since all juniors and seniors can apply to this program.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Send PM
I asked Sandy about this, and he said that it shouldn't matter (the ratio won't skew, that is), if I remember correctly. But of course, I'm already having application jitters and the application isn't even officially out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
whatsup? i am having application jitters too. the website said the application would be up the week of april 11th initially, but they changed it to mid-late April now :(
did you guys give the GRE/GMAT already? what are your scores like?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.73
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
I asked Sandy about this, and he said that it shouldn't matter (the ratio won't skew, that is), if I remember correctly. But of course, I'm already having application jitters and the application isn't even officially out.

I guess Sandy is not good at math.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Nah, I think the intention of the program expansion is to include the few seniors admitted into a formal program and not necessarily to divert the attention from juniors to seniors. I have no idea. But at the same time, it seems like Dean Nohria is shying away from younger applicants more and more, so it really comes down to showing a deep resolve for why you want to do an MBA, I guess.

onorenhjin: Shoot me a PM, and maybe we can exchange contact info to talk about the application process?

nw91: Perhaps. :) And yes, I've taken the GMAT. Took it this past December.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
you bleeding blue gave it away initially. And then I read your entire post about your GMAT prep. you have an awesome score :) Congrats

fyi- Application questions up on the website. Time to start writing the essays. Good luck everyone.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Thank you for the heads up! I shall include them in the first post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anyone applying in the early round?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Please feel free to post questions about the 2+2 cycle here instead of the regular HBS thread. It might be easier to keep up with the updates as well. Good luck!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24