Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 14:07 It is currently 05 May 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
As I live in Paris, I got the scholarship info directly from the school, the students and alumni I know. But I suggest you not make an average for the scholarship granting and link the amount of the scholarship granted to a candidate with his/her quality. It's not because you are not granted the average amount of the scholarship that you don't have added value for the class. Every admitted candidate has his / her own added value in the eyes of the adcom.
For instance, for two same profiles with the same strengths in their applications, one can be granted a scholarship and the other one nothing just because they have applied to different rounds (ex: round 1 vs round 4). HEC greatly appreciates candidates who apply early. The adcom sees on these admitted candidates well-prepared, have a clearer professional goal, etc... There are also other factors that influence the granting of a scholarship (country in which you are working for some need based scholarships, etc...).

For the other info, all my sources are in French. As I have not reached 5 posts, I'm not authorized to post website links here. If you are insterested, pm your email address.

Maybe, see you later in Paris.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Coolsnow,

French will not be a problem for me, I ll pm my mail adress.

I perfectly understand your reasoning and I think it s quite true on an one per one basis. I dont mean by saying what i said that some candidates worth less than other and deserve less their seat than other in the program , my only point was to know how recurrent is the granting of scholarship for HEC (E.G INSEAD doesnt give that much of scholarship from what I heard).

And yes the criteria are mutiple, but still they don't throw coin ( I think) to decide who will receive a scholarship or not.

As any decision maker they certainly make their choice according to what they expect to be the most favorable outcome for the program in term of marketing and investment return. For example they clearly give scholarship for women because it can help them to rise they percentage of women in the program which is an information they advertise on, and that is included in some ranking. In the same way emerging country scholarship help people that would have more difficulty to finance the program than let say the average british candidate and at the same time it helps the program to promote the diversity which is the main claim advantage.

I would more believe that more scholarship are granted earlier because they dont have any reason to wait if they can already finish their scholarship shopping with the earlier batch (let say if they can secure X women; Y underrepresented nationalities ; Z high GMAT etc....).

See you around,

Jiangnan
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, General Mamangement
Schools:HEC (Admitted), LBS (Waitlist), IE(Admitted)
Send PM
Hey guys,

This is my first post, so I guess I have to be nice :) . Congratulations to all who got selected and good luck to all who are applying for future deadlines.

I applied in R2, which seems so long ago now, and had got an admit. I got thru IE and I'm on the LBS waitlist. However, I have my heart, soul, mind and money set on HEC now.

I look forward to seeing you all in a few months from now. BTW, how's the French coming along? I just started and it's very interesting :).

Cheers.
Soccertint
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey,buddies. Congs to all of you accepted.

But please help to relax my doubts on the following essay:

"Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? "

How to understand "What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA" after another question about short-term career goal?

Tks a lot!

Originally posted by Trentohawk on 03 Apr 2010, 08:58.
Last edited by Trentohawk on 03 Apr 2010, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Corporate Strategy & Marketing
Schools:ESADE
GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V36
Send PM
Hi all HEC alumni of 2012 :good
:wave

Congratulations to all... specially to EWO. I thnk your name should be right there in the moderators list.. :bouncer

Nevertheless... Hi, Im Sameer,

Just created my account after reading this thread..

GMAT: 680
Exp: 4yrs IT
Based: Delhi/ India
Applying for: Spet 2010
International Exposure: Been to Denmark for work, Went to Spain(Barcelona)..and loved Europe :beer :beer
Extra Curricular: Part of NGO, Captained college cricket team and won State level tournament.
Interests: Tourism and want to be an international tourist ..

N I am yet to submit my application to HEC. :beat

Well, There's really nothing left to ask after reading this thread..

One question though.. will the interviews for Delhi candidates be conducted in Delhi itself? I think there are 2-3 candidates who made it to HEC this year from Delhi. Please guys relp relp.. :help2

I read somewhere there are 120 seats reserved for this intake, and around 75 have been filled considering LinkedIn signers, Im sure this doesn't make any sense as assumption is very vague..

Can someone comment on my profile and my chances?? :punk

TIA

Sameer
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Corporate Strategy & Marketing
Schools:ESADE
GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V36
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:

Samd, you are too kind :wink:. I believe most of the candidates from India interviewed in person in their local city. (There are quite a few alumni there.) So hopefully, you won't have to travel too far for an interview. And I think the total # of participants for the September intakes is more like 155. There are more admitted than attend (yield rate of about 65%), so don't let the numbers scare you. I wish you luck!

Thanks EWO!! Not bewildered by numbers.. not at all!!
Read the PagalGuy thread too.. boy you have some temperament :pc

One question: How does a previous managerial experience matter? I have 0 years :ouch but, in professional life I've shown leadership traits on many occasions .. :panel and have been a good :circle team member..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EWO:

tks a lot! it's pretty insightful. Why not to directly ask for long-term goal like other schools(kidding:-) I heard Sept Intake doesn't have such question in application.

Btw, I found hec almost invites any applicant in personal interview according to the data published on BusinessWeek, so pre-selected interview's not that "selected" I think. 2 cents just.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Hi,

My apologies if this comes out as a basic question about HEC Paris. But I'd like to know if the school considers the brand management its strong area. Many top schools such as HEC Paris usually have a 'scheme' i.e. what each school is known for, and I'd like to make sure I know the one for HEC Paris.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, General Mamangement
Schools:HEC (Admitted), LBS (Waitlist), IE(Admitted)
Send PM
Trentohawk wrote:
Hey,buddies. Congs to all of you accepted.

But please help to relax my doubts on the following essay:

"Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? "

How to understand "What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA" after another question about short-term career goal?

Tks a lot!

Hi Trentohawk,

This question "What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA" is pretty straight-forward, until you read the next question about the short-term goals :). I felt the same when I read them for the first time and it took some effort in deciding where to draw the line so that I can answer both questions to the point. Basically, "professional objective" is what you want to achieve professionally and short-term and long-term goals are kind of a phased approach of how you will achieve it. Enough of this bookish explanation, let's take a simple example. If you want to change an industry after MBA (and yes you have to give very strong reasons as to why) OR if you want to move to a different function (again reasons) then you can talk about it as a professional objective that will drive your career choice after MBA. Your short-term goals would be a deeper explanation on how you plan to achieve or master that professional objective - in this context, company, target job role, etc.

This is my understanding of the question and should be taken as a guideline :)

~SoccerTint
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TKS A LOT,SOCCER:
IT makes more sense on the difference between objective and goals.

Btw, what do u consider of HEC influence on consulting circle either worldwide or very regional?

tks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi folks, I got an interview offer!I m a 31yo,entrepreneur in e.europe.I Intend to work in private equity after grad. I m a CFA level 3 candidate and a FRM.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody!!

I was thinking that perhaps you can help me with the following query, since all of you have ben so useful during this long process. I applied in R2 and I got and admit time ago, but today I have received a mail from the HEC to schedule a personal interview with the Developement Manager for North America. She told me:

Hello,
Your profile is of great interest to us and I would like to offer you the opportunity to discuss your project in person.
I am looking forward to meeting you soon.

[/i]

Does anybody received a email like that??she also proposed me some dates that I definitely Cannot attend, so I was thinking what do you think of proposing a phone call o meeting them in Paris a little bite latter?

Thank you very much for you help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Pimientaysal,

Are you sure it is not a "commercial" email ? I was contacted in the same way by Rick Doyle the development manager for asia ( means their program selling person) before I applied.

She certainly took your your name out of of list like the one available at the GMAC and saw you were a fit but didnt know/check you already applied.

If you are already in they have no discuss with you further before the beginning of the program, I would be you I would politely send back a mail telling you are already accepted and that maybe a meeting in september would be still ok.

Jiang
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JiangNan wrote:
Hi Pimientaysal,

Are you sure it is not a "commercial" email ? I was contacted in the same way by Rick Doyle the development manager for asia ( means their program selling person) before I applied.

She certainly took your your name out of of list like the one available at the GMAC and saw you were a fit but didnt know/check you already applied.

If you are already in they have no discuss with you further before the beginning of the program, I would be you I would politely send back a mail telling you are already accepted and that maybe a meeting in september would be still ok.

Jiang

Thank you for your answer JiangNan,

I did not think about that, but I do not think so. If I reply to the email, it goes to the person who evaluated my profile at the beginning of the process and the email that I received it is in the same way as a meeting invitation sent by outlook to confirm the appointment.

Again, thank you for your help
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Corporate Strategy, International Business
Schools:LBS (WL); HEC
 Q42  V42
WE 1: 11 years - legal consulting (M&A, Project Finance, Energy, Oil & Gas)
Send PM
Hello HEC applicants! Tomorrow is the admission jury. I hope the admission team keeps up with the good work and notify us about their decision tomorrow, like they did in the previous rounds.

I am alternating periods of confidence with periods of complete lack of hope... :roll: It would be nice to hear from you guys and share our experiences.

I wish we all the best of luck! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Brgal--Waiting on the jury decision tomorrow, as well! :shock:

Hope everyone hears good news tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:INSEAD, HEC Paris
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Same here.
So does HEC release their results on the day of the jury?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts