Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Re: HELP...NEED TO IMPROVE GMAT SCORE IN 5 WEEKS!!! [#permalink]
If you just took 2 CATs I think you were seriously underprepared. From what I gather one should take at least 8-10 CATs. While I'm not aware of what specific areas you are facing problems in so can't give you specific tips there, one thing I strongly recommend is taking a lot more CATs over the next 5 weeks. You'll see that this will make a lot of difference in your retake. You must be having access to the 6 MGMAT tests. I suggest you take those as well and then the GMATPrep another couple of times.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
[quote="sandre89"]I took the gmat yesterday and scored a dismal 600 (39Q, 32V). I am by no means trying to get into a top 10 school. Im primarily trying to get into Robert H. Smith( university of maryland) and Georgetown. The average Gmat for these schools tend to fall in the mid-600s. I need some advice and tips on the best way to allocate my study time over the next 5 weeks. I plan on retaking the test early january to meet my deadlines. While I'm aiming for a 700+ score, I would be completely be satisfied with at least a 670.

I also wanted to note that I took the test 1 week after completing a Manhattan GMAT course.

For some reference: I am an african american male who will have 3 years of professional consulting experience at a big 4 consulting firm by fall 2014. I have received a number of performance rewards from my company and have strong ECs as it is a job requirement.

Timing was not really an issue for me on the test as I was a able to finish all sections of the test with time to spare.

Any advice on study habits or tools I should take advantage of to boost my score by at least 70 points??

Good advice about preparation but it is not possible for all i think the better way is regular self study... by this you can scored more then 70 point in this exam..i also suggest you to solve previous year ques. paper it is increase your study level..
GMAT Club Bot