Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2011, 20:47
Yes, my friend also told me some of the questions are not accurate. Thanks for correcting. By the time you do all, I will actually start doing these questions. :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 457 [0], given: 70

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2011, 05:53
Fantastic set of questions, thanks a lot!
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q V0
GPA: 3.36
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 50 [2] , given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2011, 23:14
This post received
KUDOS
Q32 - Answer should be E. http://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/com ... t7284.html

PS : I will update this post with similar question that have wrong answers listed.

You have to have a darkness...for the dawn to come.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 07:23
Hi,

Kindly can anyone help me regarding the explanation for the below questions :
Note: Questions source is from the 1000SC set given in GMAT club.

A recent study has found that within the past few years, many doctors had elected early retirement rather than face the threats of lawsuits and the rising costs of malpractice insurance.
(A) had elected early retirement rather than face
(B) had elected early retirement instead of facing
(C) have elected retiring early instead of facing
(D) have elected to retire early rather than facing
(E) have elected to retire early rather than face

A report by the American Academy for the Advancement of Science has concluded that much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed comes from the incineration of wastes.
(A) much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed comes
(B) much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins that North Americans are exposed to come
(C) much of the dioxins that are currently uncontrolled and that North Americans are exposed to comes
(D) many of the dioxins that are currently uncontrolled and North Americans are exposed to come
(E) many of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed come

A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered as a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(A) A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered as a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(B) Considered to be a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, genmai-cha is a special green tea that contains brown rice, virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(C) A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered a gourmet delicacy by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(D) Most Japanese consider genmai-cha, a special green tea which contains brown rice, as a delicacy virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(E) Though virtually unavailable outside Yokohama, most Japanese consider genmai-cha, a special green tea that contains brown rice, a gourmet delicacy.

Thanks,
Chanakya
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 51

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 10:39
are the answers given correct ? some answers are really inexplicable

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 51

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 09:36
where are the explanations available ? this set shakes most fundamentals...

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 20:21
Very good source

Posted from my mobile device Image
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 11:25
Guys, just to benchmark my results. I've just done the first 35 questions spending in average 1.14 min per question. My hit ratio is 18 correct... - slightly above 50%... amazing.. NOT, as Borat would say (:

===
May I add one more VERY brutal SC (MGMAT CAT3, 700+ level)

During the past decade, the labor market in France has not been operating according to free market principles, but instead stifling functioning through its various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers.

principles, but instead stifling functioning through its various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers

principles, instead it has been functioning in a stifled manner as a result of various government regulations that restrict the hiring and firing of workers

principles, rather functioning despite being stifled as a result of government regulations that variously restrict worker hiring and firing

principles; the hiring and firing of workers is restricted there by various government regulations, its functioning being stifled

principles; instead, its functioning has been stifled by various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers

(OA is the second letter in the word memo)
Intern
Intern

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 07:34
Thank you guys for your hard work
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 06:01
Questions are pretty good.... Good post....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 04:10
hey..... according to me there is a typo error in the question 21 option D

Option D is given an OA and it will be correct only when "and" before "spending" is removed. Only then "spending" will correctly modify the clause before it. otherwise, option D will be incorrect because then "spending" will modify the medical services. Moreover, we need to find parallel structure which is not there.

d) that impose stricter limits on medical services and require doctors to see more patients, and spending

Moderators please take a note of this issue .... and explain me if I am wrong.

Check this link

http://www.rupeemail.com/rupeemail/invite.do?in=NzYxOTkxJSMlRzF0NGJKQnllT1kzVmRmbTVBb2tLZ1Q4RA==

http://www.rupeemail.com/rupeemail/pages/rupeemail/images/joinImage.gif

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 21:01
Thanks...good one.. could you please post the explaination why is ít E but not 'B'?

Vorskl wrote:
Guys, just to benchmark my results. I've just done the first 35 questions spending in average 1.14 min per question. My hit ratio is 18 correct... - slightly above 50%... amazing.. NOT, as Borat would say (:

===

During the past decade, the labor market in France has not been operating according to free market principles, but instead stifling functioning through its various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers.

principles, but instead stifling functioning through its various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers

principles, instead it has been functioning in a stifled manner as a result of various government regulations that restrict the hiring and firing of workers

principles, rather functioning despite being stifled as a result of government regulations that variously restrict worker hiring and firing

principles; the hiring and firing of workers is restricted there by various government regulations, its functioning being stifled

principles; instead, its functioning has been stifled by various government regulations restricting the hiring and firing of workers

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 21:13
my answers E, E, E

Can you please post the OAs

chanakya84 wrote:
Hi,

Kindly can anyone help me regarding the explanation for the below questions :
Note: Questions source is from the 1000SC set given in GMAT club.

A recent study has found that within the past few years, many doctors had elected early retirement rather than face the threats of lawsuits and the rising costs of malpractice insurance.
(A) had elected early retirement rather than face
(B) had elected early retirement instead of facing
(C) have elected retiring early instead of facing
(D) have elected to retire early rather than facing
(E) have elected to retire early rather than face

A report by the American Academy for the Advancement of Science has concluded that much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed comes from the incineration of wastes.
(A) much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed comes
(B) much of the currently uncontrolled dioxins that North Americans are exposed to come
(C) much of the dioxins that are currently uncontrolled and that North Americans are exposed to comes
(D) many of the dioxins that are currently uncontrolled and North Americans are exposed to come
(E) many of the currently uncontrolled dioxins to which North Americans are exposed come

A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered as a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(A) A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered as a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(B) Considered to be a delicacy fit for a gourmet by most Japanese, genmai-cha is a special green tea that contains brown rice, virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(C) A special Japanese green tea called genmai-cha contains brown rice and is considered a gourmet delicacy by most Japanese, though it is virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(D) Most Japanese consider genmai-cha, a special green tea which contains brown rice, as a delicacy virtually unavailable outside Yokohama.
(E) Though virtually unavailable outside Yokohama, most Japanese consider genmai-cha, a special green tea that contains brown rice, a gourmet delicacy.

Thanks,
Chanakya
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 134

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2011, 23:38
thank you for these questions!!

How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Intern
Intern

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 12:32
Hi,
I dont have Brutal question, please send me link to download it. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 17:06
sridharD wrote:
Thanks...good one.. could you please post the explaination why is ít E but not 'B'?

Vorskl wrote:

===

Nice way of showing the OA :)

B is incorrect because it does not connect two independent clauses properly. Two independent clauses should be connected using ; or , FANBOYS. That is why choice E is correct.
Retired Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2011, 01:50
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compilation. Does the doc include any questions from the gmat prep (just to be sure)?

Thanks,
LC
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 10:55
This was actually Brutal! I almost pulled my hair off for certain sentences. Good times!! :D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2011, 00:33
Awesome set of Question guys!

Gracias! :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2011, 19:04
Could someone please help me and explain to me even the first 10 questions the rationale of each answers as I have trouble selecting the correct one, I have went through MGMAT sentence correction book and still struggling. Please help. Thanks.
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...)   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2011, 19:04