Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: How did I get 97th percentile in Quant despite getting 1/3 wrong? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi tieurongthieng,

It's important to note that NO CATs are a perfect match for the Official GMAT (even the CATs from GMAC are limited by the "pool" of questions attached to each Exam). I don't know much about the GMAT Club Tests (although I read that they are not adaptive) - if that is the case, then I would recommend that you work with a modern set of adaptive CATs. Any of the sets available from MGMAT, Kaplan or Veritas should be fine. Keep in mind that there's a difference between a "free marketing CAT" and the "blocks" of CATs that I'm talking about.

Before you take any new CATs though, you should put in some study time. Taking lots of CATs will NOT make you a better Test Taker. A CAT is a "measuring device" (in the same way that a scale measures weight, a CAT measures your GMAT ability). When used correctly, a CAT will give you a reasonable estimation of your Score and point out your weaknesses. To improve your scores, you need to study, do practice problems, review, etc. By taking a CAT every 1-2 weeks, you can then gauge your progress.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: How did I get 97th percentile in Quant despite getting 1/3 wrong? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
tieurongthieng

I would give highest priority to the two free GMATprep tests and the two paid official CATs called Exam Pack 1.

Dabral

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts