Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 01:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How many practice tests to take during prep?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

How many practice tests to take during prep? [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2010, 19:10
How many practice tests should be taken during the preparation for the GMAT? I know it is generally recommended to take one "diagnostic" test before beginning your preparations and one at the end of your preparation to quantify your progress and get an idea of how well you will do on test day. Should any tests be taken inside these two points during the preparation itself? What are the common milestones and strategies for taking a test concurrent with studying?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: How many practice tests to take during prep? [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2010, 19:11
headache wrote:
How many practice tests should be taken during the preparation for the GMAT? I know it is generally recommended to take one "diagnostic" test before beginning your preparations and one at the end of your preparation to quantify your progress and get an idea of how well you will do on test day. Should any tests be taken inside these two points during the preparation itself? What are the common milestones and strategies for taking a test concurrent with studying?

Everyone is different but I would say at least two.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2267

Kudos [?]: 8737 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How many practice tests to take during prep? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 00:44
Expert's post
headache wrote:

Usually people will take about 5-8 tests. See this post to answer other questions: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 7

Re: How many practice tests to take during prep? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2010, 09:47
What is the idea behind this (I mean taking 5 to 8 practice tests)? Do they serve as milestones to track the progress or just as means to get used to taking long tests?

It would be useful if people could indicate their final GMAT score and the number of practice tests taken during preparation.
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: How many practice tests to take during prep? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2010, 16:27
nonameee wrote:
What is the idea behind this (I mean taking 5 to 8 practice tests)? Do they serve as milestones to track the progress or just as means to get used to taking long tests?

Both. Your goal is to maximize value derived from the practice test (benchmarking and assessment for moving forward).

nonameee wrote:
It would be useful if people could indicate their final GMAT score and the number of practice tests taken during preparation.

You need to go through the debriefs in the share your GMAT experience forum for this information.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: How many practice tests to take during prep?   [#permalink] 09 May 2010, 16:27