Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 00:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How the GMAT is reported to schools?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

How the GMAT is reported to schools? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 09:39
When you send your GMAT score to a school - does it go out and only show your GMAT scores from the date you send and any tests prior to that? Or do the schools just pull it when they are reviewing your application and it shows anything up to the date they pulled it?

Wondering as I've been contemplating taking the GMAT again next week. I was hoping it may be possible to hedge my bets (while spending some additional $$) by sending my current score to the schools now and then taking it again, and only forward that score if it is better. But obviously this idea falls apart if the schools can see all scores regardless of when I sent them?

Anyone have any insight?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 09:51
Schools will see all your scores on the report. You usually only report you highest score. Some schools ask for your highest score and your latest score if they are different. Others ask for your last two scores.

They will see it so save yourself the money and if you are confident just send it to them. After taking the gmatprep tests you should have a good idea what you will score.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 10:50
I think that schools can also read your AWA part...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 10:52
Yes they can see the AWA but everything I have seen on that is if someone gets <4.0 on it. Even then its probably only a comparison if your essays are amazing.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 11:22
riverripper wrote:
Schools will see all your scores on the report. You usually only report you highest score. Some schools ask for your highest score and your latest score if they are different. Others ask for your last two scores.

They will see it so save yourself the money and if you are confident just send it to them. After taking the gmatprep tests you should have a good idea what you will score.

Thanks - that's what I thought, but I was hoping for a potential loophole. Took it last 4 years ago, but looking like another 20-30pts would help with the application increase the schools are seeing this year.

I'll take a gmatprep to gauge, I've been practicing on the manhattan gmat ones thus far. Loads of fun jumping in the game late, between crunching for the gmat and essays...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: How the GMAT is reported to schools? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 11:28
Wall spotter, if you send the reports now and take GMAT again, the schools wouldnt be able to see your new score. Score report contains scores on or before that report date. It does not update itself automatically based on future tests.

wallspotter wrote:
When you send your GMAT score to a school - does it go out and only show your GMAT scores from the date you send and any tests prior to that? Or do the schools just pull it when they are reviewing your application and it shows anything up to the date they pulled it?

Wondering as I've been contemplating taking the GMAT again next week. I was hoping it may be possible to hedge my bets (while spending some additional $$) by sending my current score to the schools now and then taking it again, and only forward that score if it is better. But obviously this idea falls apart if the schools can see all scores regardless of when I sent them?

Anyone have any insight?
Manager
Manager

Re: How the GMAT is reported to schools? [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 08:47
ncprasad wrote:
Wall spotter, if you send the reports now and take GMAT again, the schools wouldnt be able to see your new score. Score report contains scores on or before that report date. It does not update itself automatically based on future tests.

Thanks! That is what I was hoping for...
Re: How the GMAT is reported to schools?   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2007, 08:47