Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes they can see the AWA but everything I have seen on that is if someone gets <4.0 on it. Even then its probably only a comparison if your essays are amazing.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
Schools will see all your scores on the report. You usually only report you highest score. Some schools ask for your highest score and your latest score if they are different. Others ask for your last two scores.

They will see it so save yourself the money and if you are confident just send it to them. After taking the gmatprep tests you should have a good idea what you will score.

Thanks - that's what I thought, but I was hoping for a potential loophole. Took it last 4 years ago, but looking like another 20-30pts would help with the application increase the schools are seeing this year.

I'll take a gmatprep to gauge, I've been practicing on the manhattan gmat ones thus far. Loads of fun jumping in the game late, between crunching for the gmat and essays...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Re: How the GMAT is reported to schools? [#permalink]
Wall spotter, if you send the reports now and take GMAT again, the schools wouldnt be able to see your new score. Score report contains scores on or before that report date. It does not update itself automatically based on future tests.

wallspotter wrote:
When you send your GMAT score to a school - does it go out and only show your GMAT scores from the date you send and any tests prior to that? Or do the schools just pull it when they are reviewing your application and it shows anything up to the date they pulled it?

Wondering as I've been contemplating taking the GMAT again next week. I was hoping it may be possible to hedge my bets (while spending some additional $$) by sending my current score to the schools now and then taking it again, and only forward that score if it is better. But obviously this idea falls apart if the schools can see all scores regardless of when I sent them?

Anyone have any insight?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
Wall spotter, if you send the reports now and take GMAT again, the schools wouldnt be able to see your new score. Score report contains scores on or before that report date. It does not update itself automatically based on future tests.

Thanks! That is what I was hoping for...
GMAT Club Bot