Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: How to Denote Incoming Full-time Job on Resume? [#permalink]
cgottuso wrote:
What are you going to include under responsibilities/impact? You've not yet made any contributions so will you just copy and paste the job description?

Yes, that is the nature of my question. Since I wouldn't have made any contributions at that point, I was intending to simply omit any bullet points for that position.

I want to include this position on my resume because it is fairly reputable, and it could indicate my abilities for having secured a position with them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ShoeBunny wrote:
What's the rush?

For deferred admissions, you mean? I strongly believe that an MBA will help me in the future, and I believe that I have strong credentials to apply. I don't think there's much to lose by applying.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
kareru wrote:
ShoeBunny wrote:
What's the rush?

For deferred admissions, you mean? I strongly believe that an MBA will help me in the future, and I believe that I have strong credentials to apply. I don't think there's much to lose by applying.

Fair enough.

Maybe instead of "expected," write "beginning." Personally when I read "expected," I assume it isn't certain. This sounds like you expect to start the job, but haven't signed anything ensuring that you actually will start at that point. And after you've submitted, but before their decision deadline, you ought to update the Adcom with any details pertaining to the job. What the role entails, what your responsibilities have been since starting, and so on.

The main reason why I asked, what's the rush, is that if you're already thinking you'd start an MBA program in a year or two, why not work, and submit applications later this year or next year? You'll have more time to think things through and build stronger applications. By applying in R3 of this year, so don't even have a current supervisor to talk about your credentials.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ShoeBunny wrote:
kareru wrote:
ShoeBunny wrote:
What's the rush?

Fair enough.

Maybe instead of "expected," write "beginning." Personally when I read "expected," I assume it isn't certain. This sounds like you expect to start the job, but haven't signed anything ensuring that you actually will start at that point. And after you've submitted, but before their decision deadline, you ought to update the Adcom with any details pertaining to the job. What the role entails, what your responsibilities have been since starting, and so on.

The main reason why I asked, what's the rush, is that if you're already thinking you'd start an MBA program in a year or two, why not work, and submit applications later this year or next year? You'll have more time to think things through and build stronger applications. By applying in R3 of this year, so don't even have a current supervisor to talk about your credentials.

Thank you for your advice! Especially the part about updating the Adcom.

The reason why I wanted to do application this year is because these deferred admissions programs are eligible only to college seniors. (Even though I graduated early, I checked that I am still eligible.)

Although I don't have a current supervisor, I intended to get a recommendation from one of my professors and also from my supervisor from my internship this past summer. Do you think that will be ok?
GMAT Club Bot