Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 10:55 It is currently 08 May 2024, 10:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 570 Q37 V31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 570 Q37 V31
Send PM
Re: HOW TO pass from old to new arguments without forgetting what you've d [#permalink]
thank you guys for your answers!

If you'd like I can post my enhanced score report. The fact that I scored 570 without answering a total of 14 questions really makes me positive. Do you think that practicing more is the solution ?

JackSparr0w: Speaking of the study plan, when I passed to verbal I thought I had handled quant very well, but later I had to realize that I totally forgot how to face the problems quickly. Maybe, as you said, the solutions is to study both quant and verbal at the same time. Thank You!

EMPOWERgmatRichC: I happily welcome your help. I have to say that, basing my opinion on MGMAT strategy guides and OG, I definitely underestimated the GMAT in general. The CAT and the real GMAT seem to me much harder than the OG.

I prepared it quite shallowly in a month and a half.
I used:
- The Manhattan guides
- The OG
- The OG quant
- the OG verbal
- I bought the NOVA Math Bible, but unfortunately I had not enough time to use it.

I applied and entered to EDHEC for the MSc in Corporate Finance and Banking, BUT if I score at least 650, I will/should enter to the MSc in Financial Markets, still at EDHEC.

For my new preparation I bought and read the PowerScore CR bible, which I didn't find so illuminating because it sells the CR far way simpler, and I reread the MGMAT SC guide. Furthermore, yesterday I subscribed the e-gmat Verbal Online (because I have to understand better this part since I am a non-native) and Magoosh Quant Course, even if I think that the MGMAT Guides for quant are very good. I'm curious about the NOVA MB as well.

I don't know how to proceed now because I don't want to forget things again.

What do you suggest?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: HOW TO pass from old to new arguments without forgetting what you've d [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi BCCLSN,

Since you've invested in some new resources already, you might want to see if they offer any suggestions as to how you should plan out your studies. With a 570, you're actually not that far from a 650+, but you have to practice correctly and make the necessary changes to how you approach this Test - and that might take some time.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot