Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Y'know what intimidates me?

Going into the Share your GMAT experience! The way people are getting 750, 710, 700, 780, 770 and so on, it's intimidating. I saw at least a couple of posts if not more with people getting 700+ and thinking about whether they should retake to push it more into the 730+ range!!

Am I in an overachieving forum where I'll be in their 40th percentile. I haven't even seriously started studying yet. But it's intimidating to know that so many brilliant people are getting such high scores - can't even begin imagining the competition to get into a good school.

Just a few words.

And Nisha_qutu - try search for SC885 - it may be the same thing as the SC1000 but not sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Olorin

Going into that forum should not intimidate you, it should inspire you and give you the knowledge that it is possible to achieve more that you ever believed. Use stories of those who radically changed their scores and look at the study regimens. Find the ones that most fit your situation and emulate them. To see so many high scores something has to be working. Its uncanny how many 6xx to 7xx stories are in there. I think it speaks volumes about the quality of this site.

I didn't think it could happen but I became one of those people and I know that without a doubt that you can be too. :good

B.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree about the 600+ and 700+ thing. I was intimidated at first, thinking that a "good" score wouldn't be good enough, because so many people were getting near-impossible scores and I could never score that well.

Then I wrote the GMATs and, much to my surprise, pulled a 770 on the first try! I truly believe that it's in large part due to the excellent study help, advice and prep on these forums.

If I can do it, so can you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow 770 .. impressive. good job.
just a newbie here trying toget started out doing some research..
luckly came across to this site..
thank you all for the help~!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree, some of the members sound like Superman;

"Well, I took my 3.95 GPA from Stanford, was disappointed to get only a 720 on my first GMAT..."

But the site is very helpful and offers both resources and perspective.

But ... am I the only 45-year-old here who is just now going after his MBA? :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Just wanted to say hi [#permalink]
Hello everyone,

I'm new and am in the middle of my GMAT prepapration. One more month to go. I'll try to participate in this forum as much as I can.

As you can see, I am not from an English speeking country, so please do not hesitate to correct me if you find errors in my posts.

I'm very good in the math section, however, there is still room for improvement in the verbal.

Talk to you soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
New!!! [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

Im practically not yet born in this world of GMAT ..

Was planning to get some start up before i start my classes on 5th Feb, before which my colleague suggested me this site..,,

Mind blowing to see so many guys out here,, Im happy that i can really find help and provide help when needed...

Hoping and eager to start soon,,,

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello! [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. have been thinking of an MBA for sometime. Dont know where to start. I work for an MNC in Bangalore. Put up 11 years in IT industry, currently am a Project manager. some of my requirements

* looking for 12- 18 months MBA
* what are the possibilities of financial aid
* help on GMAT preparation

I know I would get the right help here.

regards
sree
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi [#permalink]
i am in the middle too, one more month to go before test. I am slowly preparing but should speed up...

i am 26 years old, working-therefore not enough time for studying, non native speaker, and a bit affraid of my GMAT score...especially when reading all those excelent results...
I see improvements through exercise.. but RC that supposed to be my strenght it became my weakness

b..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Starting participation from today.. [#permalink]
Hi guys,

This is Jeevan. I am basically a technical guy with 1.5 yrs of work ex in IT industry. Planning to take my GMAT in July 06.

I have gone through few posts on this forum and it must say, this is a "great" forum and a good guide for future leaders.

I have joined GMAT Club a month back but, this is my first post... looking forward for active participation in this great club. I strongly beleive that by being an active member of gmat club... will certainly boost my prep.

As of now, I have done with PR GMAT Guide and OG Verbal guide. Just started with OG guide. I have taken 2 gmat simulation tests: PR (560), OG (570). bad !!!! I am looking for nothing less than 700.

Anyways, I will be an active member of this forum... replying to as many posts as I can.

Jeevan
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I supposed one should not be intimidated by the scores one sees here, and the rationale that there are only super-beings here isn't exactly accurate. Let's put on some critical reasoning and DS hats here...

To find out the actual number of supermen would require us to know how many people are registered in the site, of them how many wrote gmat, and of them how many scored above 700. My guess - the number would quantitatively still remain around the representative percentiles. That is, if there are a thousand people registered here of which 100 took gmat, my guess is about 10% of them actually have above 700.

With that in mind, I think the focus should be on studying hard and getting a good score as opposed to being scared of the numbers we see!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
necromonger wrote:
That is, if there are a thousand people registered here of which 100 took gmat, my guess is about 10% of them actually have above 700.

I would have to agree. I believe 700 is the 92nd percentile. I would also assume that GMATClub members are more diligent than your average GMAT test taker, so 10% might be fair, maybe slightly higher to 12% Although there are those of you who score 700+ twice :x

But let me tell you, before I made my first post, I read many many posts and was very nervous to put my thoughts out in the open. But, it's kind of like learning how to ride a bicycle. If you're scared to fall and get scratches, you will never learn. Of course, there are the very very rare exceptions who can, from the getgo, just pedal into the sunset; but most of us need to fall and learn.

Remember, when you post a question or an answer, you should include your reasoning, however wrong you may think you are. In doing so, you are helping yourself and your fellow members.

Just posting "A" or "straight C," which we're all guilty of at times, is tantamount to doing an exercise set and checking just the answers and not the explanations. No one really cares what your answer is, we care only for your explanation. An incorrect explanation can show exactly the trap the gmat question wanted you to do.

Remember, don't be scared to put yourself out there. God knows I've written some stupid things and made some ridiculous mistakes. It is from these mistakes that I learned.

My best learning experience was when I finished a mgmat SC exercise. I scored something like 8/25 correct. I was crushed. But I spent the next few hours dissecting each question and gained invaluable knowledge about sentence correction.

We all make mistakes, the smart ones do it before the gmat, not during.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
New member looking for direction on GMAT prep [#permalink]
Hello everybody,

I'm new to this site and recently began preparing for the GMAT. I'm looking to take it sometime this summer but feel overwhelmed with all of the preparation materials that are out there. Where should I start and in what order should I take on the material?

I just took my first practice test to see how I stand and got a 610. It seems from reading some posts that much of the material available out on the market is aimed at the "average" test taker. Given that I want to get an above average score on the GMAT, and hopefully get into an elite grad school, where can I turn to get some help moving from the 600 range up into the 700 range?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all,

I just joined this forum,

I tried out the practise GMAT a few times..... I am okay with quant and get a perfect or almost perfect score on that .... I am only worried about my verbal part where i seems to be getting a few CR wrong and seems to be sucking on RC nowdays that i have not touched it for a long time since the days of the GRE

The GMAT is not my primary concern...... it is my job exp... i got just 6 month job ex which would be about 2yrs roughly by the time i am ready to start college.... so i know I have to get a 780+ on my GMAT to do so ....

And moreover i have been just targetting HBS, Wharton and Stanfy only and donot as of now plan to study anywhere else..... this is a very lame thing to do ..... and i think by the application time I would have found out a few other good places to apply ....

I am hoping to learn a lot by interating with the great pool of peers here who have a lot of experience, intellect and supportive spirit.

Good Luck to everyone

Regards
John
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Everyone,
I have given GMAT once 6 months back.Was able to pull out an unimpressive 640.My break up was 49/29..really disappointing.I writing it again on 11th july.Hoping to do much better this time..As you all can see,my verbal score caused my decline..so i'll be expecting a lot of help from you all in that section.

-Trainspotting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Newbie and ready for the challenge [#permalink]
Hi guys,

Just like most people here, I'm a first time GMAT taker, and am looking forward to a 700+. Thank you all for making the beginning of the experience an informed one. Without you, where would most of us be?

Look forward to joining in on the conversations with other like-minded folk.

Good luck to all!

Mika
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all, I am new here as well. Taking the GMAT on July 18th...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2