It would be really helpful if you could give some feedback regarding my profile and choice of target schools.
I belong to the Indian/IT Male /27/ 5 Years exp in TCS
• GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39)-
• Engineering- 77.10% from one of the best engineering schools in India (Non-IIT)(Not sure how this will be considered as GPA.)
• 12th - 92.5%, 10th - 95.2% (Ranked 14th for the state out of 80,000 students that year
• Working as a techno–functional analyst leading a team of 8 working in India and UK for a Corporate and Specialty Insurance major in UK.International experience of around 8-9 months so far.More than 3 years of experience in working the Insurance domain(both life and non-life)
• Other activities include coordinating with other teams for issue resolution,managing team dynamics, mentoring junior members of the team.
• Led a team of 6 members to successfully implement the complete IT infrastructure for a client. The project was worth around 300,000 USD
• Worked in different pre-sales and consulting activities for multiple clients in the organization.
1. Faculty in Business communication - Trained associates of the company in 'Business Communication'
2. Mentored 4 new hires and groomed them technically and functionally so that they can take up responsibilities and perform well in project related activities.
3. Organised events in the organisation that emphasize the value of Quality Management in day to day life
4. Learning Champion - Played an important role to conceptualize and develop training curriculum and materials for induction trainings.
5. Part of the recruitment team - Visited many campuses and also conducted off campus events to recruit people into the organization.
6. Directed and stage managed a Japanese play in front of an audience of 300 that was a resounding success!
7. Organized an event to raise money for an orphan girl suffering from heart problem. The even raised around 25K INR
8. Active member of Cricket teams at organization and at college level. Die hard football fan!
1. Associate, Life Management Institute (ALMI) designation in Insurance - Pursued on my own interest.
2. Completed Level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) offered by the CFA Institute, USA.Currently a Level 2 candidate. - Pursued my own because of my personal interest in Finance.
3. ITIL Certification in IT Service Management.
4. National Stock Exchange (NSE) certification in Derivatives and NSE certification in Financial Markets. - my personal interest in Finance.
5. a) Football club administration and b) Equality & Diversity in Football courses offered by The Football Association, UK - Pursued because I wanted to give a direction to my passion in Football and involve myself in promoting the game.
6. German language level 1 (A1) offered by the Goethe Institute. - Wanted to learn a new language
Know German and Japanese languages
Hobbies - Avid traveler - Visited more than 7 countries , Huge Man U fan - Want to promote football in India and bring the community together. (One of my personal goals off work)
Short Term Goal:
To get into a consulting firm into their Information Technology practice. Main interest is in the IT of Global Financial and Insurance firms.
Long Term Goal:
CIO/CTO of a big financial / insurance / technology firm
Dream : MIT Sloan, Haas, Kelloggs, Duke, probably INSEAD (just for kicks!!)
Realistic : UCLA, Ross,Tepper, UT Austin, ISB , NUS
Recos : Should not be a problem. Can get good recos.
Can you please let me know whether my target schools are actually on target based on my profile and the way I should approach the applications?
Winning is Everything!