Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)
 Q48  V32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
rishiphadke wrote:
Hi all, how early are the final decisions sent out? Does anyone have an idea from last year? another 18 days seems a long wait! :x also, I am a reapplicant and have finished my interview...any reapplicants with admits here? was wondering what's the reapplicant success rate? (I was on the waitlist till the last moment for the 10D batch)

Yes very long wait ahead..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:
Hi all, how early are the final decisions sent out? Does anyone have an idea from last year? another 18 days seems a long wait! :x also, I am a reapplicant and have finished my interview...any reapplicants with admits here? was wondering what's the reapplicant success rate? (I was on the waitlist till the last moment for the 10D batch)

Yes very long wait ahead..

I completely agree :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hmmm... do you think the wait gets more excruciating the closer we get to the 28th?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
hmmm... do you think the wait gets more excruciating the closer we get to the 28th?

Yes :)

speaking from experience from waiting for another school....
In the days/minutes you will find yourself doing irrational things like clicking refresh on email every 5 seconds, waking up to check your email, checking your spam folders like crazy!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Glad to know that there are other people out there who get as irrational as I do... haha

I can look forward to losing loads of sleep over the next 2.5 weeks

All the best handling the wait everyone :D
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
Glad to know that there are other people out there who get as irrational as I do... haha

haha i have started my nonsense shopping spree as a start of this irrationality.
it started with groceries. lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Yeah, it will be the most restless weeks till May 28...
Let's wish we all be future classmates! :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
Crezence wrote:

haha i have started my nonsense shopping spree as a start of this irrationality.

Believe it or not, this is the calm period where you know there is no possibility of getting a call. It's also where there really isn't news expect for people who are doing late interviews and such.

It rams up once the first person announces "I just got the call, I'm so excited"

Vodkacran, I know how you feel, I've bought 2 laptops, cancelled 1 laptop, returned 1 laptop and got a new replacement all in the last 7 days..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
vodkacran wrote:
Crezence wrote:

Believe it or not, this is the calm period where you know there is no possibility of getting a call. It's also where there really isn't news expect for people who are doing late interviews and such.

It rams up once the first person announces "I just got the call, I'm so excited"

Vodkacran, I know how you feel, I've bought 2 laptops, cancelled 1 laptop, returned 1 laptop and got a new replacement all in the last 7 days..

i think i should stop actually. i bought a new laptop as well. now i have 3 at home, plus 1 office. i have 4! it's crazy. this has to stop. lol

the reasoning for buying 1 is i need a new laptop for business school. haha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hahaha I'm holding off the laptops until i actually get accepted... what makes it even more difficult is that the office is next to an apple store...

curse that sleek droolworthy aluminium body :lol:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: entrepreneurship
Schools:INSEAD (Accepted 11J)
 Q45  V42
WE 1: 4 yrs Fortune 500
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:

I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but I have to ask. Did you get waitlisted before or after interviewing?

Anyone else get waitlisted after the interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
honus100 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but I have to ask. Did you get waitlisted before or after interviewing?

I was waitlisted after the interview - as far as I know, there's no waitlist before the interview (just a ding or an interview call). I got a ding after being on the waitlist till 5 weeks before the start of the program....had applied in R2 then and I'm really hopeful of a place this time, having applied in R1. The hope is that the diversity ratio will still be more open in the earlier round!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys,

is there anyone here hasn't finished the interviews yet?
i've just got the contact of the second interview on Monday, after the original one became unavailable.
I've already sent him email, but still silent.... going to call him this evening.

wish me luck.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Insead, R1 D'11 Admitted; IMD, Interviewed
 Q50  V33 GMAT 2: 690  Q50  V31
Send PM
ultimatexxx wrote:
hey guys,

is there anyone here hasn't finished the interviews yet?
i've just got the contact of the second interview on Monday, after the original one became unavailable.
I've already sent him email, but still silent.... going to call him this evening.

wish me luck.

My second interview is scheduled on 17th of May. So not finished yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Crezence wrote:
Hahaha I'm holding off the laptops until i actually get accepted... what makes it even more difficult is that the office is next to an apple store...

Talking about laptops; do u guys have any suggestions for me - am planning to buy a macbook but totally clueless on how to go about it..

some / any spec advice will be greatly appreciated..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sinhadee wrote:
Crezence wrote:

Talking about laptops; do u guys have any suggestions for me - am planning to buy a macbook but totally clueless on how to go about it..

some / any spec advice will be greatly appreciated..

future classmate :-D (optimism helps), i sorely suggest to stay away from macs. my good friend, crezence, would say no to me, but i think the mac is the device of the devil. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
honus100 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

I was waitlisted after the interview - as far as I know, there's no waitlist before the interview (just a ding or an interview call). I got a ding after being on the waitlist till 5 weeks before the start of the program....had applied in R2 then and I'm really hopeful of a place this time, having applied in R1. The hope is that the diversity ratio will still be more open in the earlier round!

Did they give you a reason for ding as diversity or just the normal ding letter?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  70