Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 10:10
Whew! Finally done! I'll write more on my experiences (interviews 1 and 2, my prep with an insead interviewer, my campus visit and the local visit) when I get some time to sit and think.

Have a good weekend everyone! For those of you with interviews left, good luck!

Here are a collection of what I thought were my more helpful posts:

PM me and let me know if these helped!

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 19:14
satyr2k wrote:
Hi Dainya,

My coordinator informed me of my second interviewer's coordinates this morning... ive scheduled my second interview on the 16th of may and my coord has said that she would follow up with my interviewer to get his interview report at the earliest.

So i guess theres still time.. dont worry... all the best!

hi satyr2k - where are you based? am still waiting to hear on my second interview(er) :(
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 09 May 2010, 19:40
Hi all, how early are the final decisions sent out? Does anyone have an idea from last year? another 18 days seems a long wait! :x also, I am a reapplicant and have finished my interview...any reapplicants with admits here? was wondering what's the reapplicant success rate? (I was on the waitlist till the last moment for the 10D batch)
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 08:11
rishiphadke wrote:
Hi all, how early are the final decisions sent out? Does anyone have an idea from last year? another 18 days seems a long wait! :x also, I am a reapplicant and have finished my interview...any reapplicants with admits here? was wondering what's the reapplicant success rate? (I was on the waitlist till the last moment for the 10D batch)

Yes very long wait ahead..

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 10:22
GoBruins wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

Yes very long wait ahead..

I completely agree :|
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 19:24
hmmm... do you think the wait gets more excruciating the closer we get to the 28th?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 19:49
Crezence wrote:
hmmm... do you think the wait gets more excruciating the closer we get to the 28th?

Yes :)

speaking from experience from waiting for another school....
In the days/minutes you will find yourself doing irrational things like clicking refresh on email every 5 seconds, waking up to check your email, checking your spam folders like crazy!
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 20:09
Glad to know that there are other people out there who get as irrational as I do... haha

I can look forward to losing loads of sleep over the next 2.5 weeks

All the best handling the wait everyone :D
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 22:40
Crezence wrote:
Glad to know that there are other people out there who get as irrational as I do... haha

haha i have started my nonsense shopping spree as a start of this irrationality.
it started with groceries. lol
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 07:45
Yeah, it will be the most restless weeks till May 28...
Let's wish we all be future classmates! :wink:
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 07:46
vodkacran wrote:
Crezence wrote:

haha i have started my nonsense shopping spree as a start of this irrationality.

Believe it or not, this is the calm period where you know there is no possibility of getting a call. It's also where there really isn't news expect for people who are doing late interviews and such.

It rams up once the first person announces "I just got the call, I'm so excited"

Vodkacran, I know how you feel, I've bought 2 laptops, cancelled 1 laptop, returned 1 laptop and got a new replacement all in the last 7 days..

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 18:56
GoBruins wrote:
vodkacran wrote:
Crezence wrote:

Believe it or not, this is the calm period where you know there is no possibility of getting a call. It's also where there really isn't news expect for people who are doing late interviews and such.

It rams up once the first person announces "I just got the call, I'm so excited"

Vodkacran, I know how you feel, I've bought 2 laptops, cancelled 1 laptop, returned 1 laptop and got a new replacement all in the last 7 days..

i think i should stop actually. i bought a new laptop as well. now i have 3 at home, plus 1 office. i have 4! it's crazy. this has to stop. lol

the reasoning for buying 1 is i need a new laptop for business school. haha
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 19:18
Hahaha I'm holding off the laptops until i actually get accepted... what makes it even more difficult is that the office is next to an apple store...

curse that sleek droolworthy aluminium body :lol:
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD (Accepted 11J)
WE 1: 4 yrs Fortune 500

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 21:25
rishiphadke wrote:

I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but I have to ask. Did you get waitlisted before or after interviewing?

Anyone else get waitlisted after the interview?
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 22:33
honus100 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

I know it doesn't really matter at this point, but I have to ask. Did you get waitlisted before or after interviewing?

I was waitlisted after the interview - as far as I know, there's no waitlist before the interview (just a ding or an interview call). I got a ding after being on the waitlist till 5 weeks before the start of the program....had applied in R2 then and I'm really hopeful of a place this time, having applied in R1. The hope is that the diversity ratio will still be more open in the earlier round!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 23:50
hey guys,

is there anyone here hasn't finished the interviews yet?
i've just got the contact of the second interview on Monday, after the original one became unavailable.
I've already sent him email, but still silent.... going to call him this evening.

wish me luck.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead, R1 D'11 Admitted; IMD, Interviewed

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 23:57
ultimatexxx wrote:
hey guys,

is there anyone here hasn't finished the interviews yet?
i've just got the contact of the second interview on Monday, after the original one became unavailable.
I've already sent him email, but still silent.... going to call him this evening.

wish me luck.

My second interview is scheduled on 17th of May. So not finished yet.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 00:15
Crezence wrote:
Hahaha I'm holding off the laptops until i actually get accepted... what makes it even more difficult is that the office is next to an apple store...

Talking about laptops; do u guys have any suggestions for me - am planning to buy a macbook but totally clueless on how to go about it..

some / any spec advice will be greatly appreciated..
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 00:17
sinhadee wrote:
Crezence wrote:

Talking about laptops; do u guys have any suggestions for me - am planning to buy a macbook but totally clueless on how to go about it..

some / any spec advice will be greatly appreciated..

future classmate :-D (optimism helps), i sorely suggest to stay away from macs. my good friend, crezence, would say no to me, but i think the mac is the device of the devil. :lol:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 00:20
rishiphadke wrote:
honus100 wrote:
rishiphadke wrote:

I was waitlisted after the interview - as far as I know, there's no waitlist before the interview (just a ding or an interview call). I got a ding after being on the waitlist till 5 weeks before the start of the program....had applied in R2 then and I'm really hopeful of a place this time, having applied in R1. The hope is that the diversity ratio will still be more open in the earlier round!

Did they give you a reason for ding as diversity or just the normal ding letter?
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE   [#permalink] 12 May 2010, 00:20