Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD - JAN 2011 (Admitted)
 Q48  V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
rishiphadke wrote:
mbagal2010 wrote:
I too heard on my second iv yesterday. i mailed my coordinator asking how soon i need to finish it - she gave me may 21 deadline.

One good thing about a late interview is that you'll have less time to worry about the outcome afterwards - if you do it on the given deadline, just one week. There are many ppl here who have kept their fingers crossed for three weeks! :-)

Rishipadke, are you less stressed this time ? Wonder how you have the patience and energy to go through this anxious wait 2 times around! respect! :o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
Thanks for the response Ramanathanblue. Its a long 2 week wait. I am already having sleepless nights :wink:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..
It would be exciting to get admitted
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:
artgirl wrote:

yes I agree, the boys on this forum are already talking about which laptop to buy for INSEAD :P

future women classmates...what do we buy? :P :wink:

I think I'll probably just end up bringing my Thinkpad. It's a T60 and I've had it for a couple years but it works great (knock on wood) and I love it! The next laptop I get is going to be a Lenovo again but maybe a newer one like the W500 or something. Yeah, a proud Thinkpad fan over here :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
I already have a decent laptop. I am going to save some money for the travel. :-D ..

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

I bought my laptop in 05. I have a pretty decent desktop that I got 2 years ago. But I think now's the time to get a new one either way.

Hum... Any mac user :?:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
artgirl wrote:

Hum... Any mac user :?:

I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hum... Any mac user :?:[/quote]

I have a mac book pro too, will bring it along. I think its powerful enough.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
sakura wrote:
I am currently using a 3-year old desktop with windows. I think I will buy a mac laptop for the school since my husband has been convincing me to buy one. :) Is macbook air powerful enough? I am thinking to install windows on it as well to run excel.

I wouldn't worry about installing Windows just to run Excel. You can run MS Office on Mac OS.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ariel wrote:
sakura wrote:

I wouldn't worry about installing Windows just to run Excel. You can run MS Office on Mac OS.

yes, and it works fine. only thing is when u switch from windows to Mac, you have to get used to the way MAC runs. double clicks,etc etc. you may want to get used to it before the school starts.
anyone else interested in travelling?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sakura wrote:

don't get a mac air for school. it's underpowered, just above a netbook in my opinion.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
ariel wrote:
sakura wrote:

mac excel is something you need to watch out for. It's kinda like Microsofts joke to Mac users (they don't give you like a real excel program). If anything just run excel using windows and you'll be fine..

Or learn to use excel in a format that you'll never use in real life, and then relearn it when you start work.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:
yes, and it works fine. only thing is when u switch from windows to Mac, you have to get used to the way MAC runs. double clicks,etc etc. you may want to get used to it before the school starts.

I love the way the whole focus has shifted to discussing laptops :-)

count me in on the travelling bit...

PS - am now thinking of switching over to a mac pro for school.. beats the vaio hands-down anyday...
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sinhadee wrote:
ramanathanblue wrote:

I love the way the whole focus has shifted to discussing laptops :-)

count me in on the travelling bit...

PS - am now thinking of switching over to a mac pro for school.. beats the vaio hands-down anyday...

This is probably the most relaxing conversation at this time..
long two weeks it has been.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can any old student shed some light on how much interviews add to the admissions. Did anyone else face the good cop/bad cop kind of situation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="artgirl"]Can any old student shed some light on how much interviews add to the admissions. Did anyone else face the good cop/bad cop kind of situation?[/quote

I dint face the good cop bad cop. both were very good cops, very friendly, successful, smart. Both gave me feedback at the end that I was successful in the interviews. But based on the previous posts on this forum, I learnt that its just not enough to do well in the interviews. And based on the info session I attended at Fonty a few weeks back, they told us that the whole file will be re read by the ad com with the interviewers' reports, and will be read by a totally new person also. Then finally they will collect everyone's opinion and send out the admits. She also told that about 50% get called for the interviews and more than 50% of them get admits. So that means we stand more than 50% chance to get an admit after being successful in the interviews. :roll:
So I will say its still a long way to go. Since we all are in the Round 1, chances are less for being eliminated for diversity reasons I guess. Lets all hope for the best! Keeping my fingers crossed and my mobile phone just next to me, so that I dont miss that hopeful call from Fonty. :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  70