Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 22:20 It is currently 07 May 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist [#permalink]
Sorry ... I misunderstood... I am so stressed out that it makes it a little difficult to make sound judgement

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
pokerfaced wrote:
Congrats youyouhu421!! :) This is good to hear, atleast the waitlist has finally started moving! Which Campus are you starting on? Did you provide any additional info to the adcom in the interim?

@mitsloanguy: From what I understand youyouhu421 is a Round 2 applicant for the Jan intake and got the wait list notification in Sept. :idea:

Yes you are right :-) I got the waitlist information in Sept, not Sept intake.

I'll start with Fonty. Keep faith up really! The R3 deposit date is in mid Nov. There should be some movements by then!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys,
i am r3 applicant waitlisted for Jan12 intake this past thursday. Having read a few comments on the related forums the past couple of days and I realised that there were already 480 places offered to applicants (according to MBA connect numbers) before r3 decisions were announced on Thur 13Oct and Fr 14 Oct. adding 1 plus 1 made me think that Round 3 candidates were competing for around 20 firm offers. Wouln't it be fairer if Insead did not state on their web-site that "Competition for each round is relatively equal, so there is generally little advantage to be gained by early application.".

Or am I missing something here?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbanalyst wrote:
shashank1980 wrote:
@mbaanalyst: thanks for the info. When you applied for Jan 2012, were there significant changes to your application from the one for Jan 2011? How did you justify applying again within one year?

No significant changes....i paid a campus visit to Singapore and some increased responsibilities in office..changed some essays in a small manner

When you will be removed from waitlist you can receive either of the following three responses:
1. you are selected...best case..:)
2. you are rejected and clearly asked not to reapply
3. you are rejected and comparitively (to option 2) you receive a better response...reapplication instructions are given...i was in this category

i applied with all essays + 2 new recos. + 2 interviews and compared with new batch of applications before selection this time

Thanks for this comprehensive info mbanalyst. One questions though re option 2 response. Having been waitlisted I received an e-mail from my coordinator stating that I could be offered a place at any time between now and the start of the program in jan. It also stated that if I am not offered a place by the start of the programme, my application will be cancelled and that I should re-apply if I want to. This made me think there would be no option 2 in such a case. or am I being too optimistic... Did you also receive such an e-mail when waitlisted? cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello

The three options given below are refering to mails that each one of you will get "after" the initial waitlist mail.

Hope this clarifies.

BigFox wrote:
mbanalyst wrote:
shashank1980 wrote:
@mbaanalyst: thanks for the info. When you applied for Jan 2012, were there significant changes to your application from the one for Jan 2011? How did you justify applying again within one year?

No significant changes....i paid a campus visit to Singapore and some increased responsibilities in office..changed some essays in a small manner

When you will be removed from waitlist you can receive either of the following three responses:
1. you are selected...best case..:)
2. you are rejected and clearly asked not to reapply
3. you are rejected and comparitively (to option 2) you receive a better response...reapplication instructions are given...i was in this category

i applied with all essays + 2 new recos. + 2 interviews and compared with new batch of applications before selection this time

Thanks for this comprehensive info mbanalyst. One questions though re option 2 response. Having been waitlisted I received an e-mail from my coordinator stating that I could be offered a place at any time between now and the start of the program in jan. It also stated that if I am not offered a place by the start of the programme, my application will be cancelled and that I should re-apply if I want to. This made me think there would be no option 2 in such a case. or am I being too optimistic... Did you also receive such an e-mail when waitlisted? cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Here is a link that might shed some light on our current situation:

https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... nsead.aspx

In addition, assuming wait dynamics are robust over different January intakes, we should expect movement around November 10Th (first payment of R3) and in the beginning of December (USA MBA results). However, I don't know what will be the magnitude of these movements, as I guess R3 didn't add much to the admits' numbers (first two rounds covered more than 95% of capacity).

don't know about you, but I find it comforting to get a glance at the bigger picture by analyzing the waitlist situation, so please give me some material...:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thx mbanalyst, that clarifies, also rino's link sheds quite a bit light. With the hindsight R3 this year is quite nightmarish, last year there were 420 places filled after r1 and r2. this year is even worse... . let's hope a lot of candidates decide to go to other schools, so all of us on the waitlist get accepted :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Amen

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone!

Any news from Insead?

Let's keep faith!

Best regards,

Felipe
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can anyone have a clue how many W/Listers there are for Jan2012?
At least how many in the club

Thanks

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FinActivist wrote:
Can anyone have a clue how many W/Listers there are for Jan2012?
At least how many in the club

Thanks

FinActivist,

There is no effective way to estimate the length of the waitlist. One can painstakingly count the posting members on this thread or the ones who shared their status on the Google spreadsheet. However, assuming that most waitlisters don't post on this thread, and some of those who do don't declare their withdrawal, ding or admission, the outcome probably means nothing.

The only thing that may provide some indication is the comparison between the number of this thread's posting members and the relative figure from the latest intake (2011). The good news is that this year the figure is much smaller.

good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot for the analysis Rino.
Actually what seems awkard is that last years the r1+r2 admits were 420 while the total class was 500. So they took 80 people from R3.
This year r1+r2 was 485 and total mba connect is currently at 536. So they took only 51 from R3. However we dont know whether insead will increase the total class size. If it stays to 500 then our chances are pretty slim

Anyway in 1 month i believe we all know

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FinActivist wrote:
Actually what seems awkard is that last years the r1+r2 admits were 420 while the total class was 500. So they took 80 people from R3.
This year r1+r2 was 485 and total mba connect is currently at 536. So they took only 51 from R3. However we dont know whether insead will increase the total class size. If it stays to 500 then our chances are pretty slim

Yeah, it seems like round 3 got screwed this time
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rino wrote:
FinActivist wrote:

Yeah, it seems like round 3 got screwed this time

In addition to all the waitlisted candidates ........ :evil:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

Anyone heard anything? A year ago to the date there was already a movement on the waitlist. Hope we get good news soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Nothing yet, I think the movement will come in the first week of December. That would be just following the payment deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmanster wrote:
Nothing yet, I think the movement will come in the first week of December. That would be just following the payment deadline.

Yes, that and the H/S/W/LBS would have given their round 1 decisions by then, so lets pray people get into their 1st choice colleges.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11