Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi everybody!
I submitted the application at the end of April for R2. Previously it was said that interview notification can be expected in ~30 days after submission. What are your ideas, has the time to check mailbox every 5 minutes come? Or I misunderstood smth and can relax until the mid of July?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Pompeius wrote:
Hi everybody!
I submitted the application at the end of April for R2. Previously it was said that interview notification can be expected in ~30 days after submission. What are your ideas, has the time to check mailbox every 5 minutes come? Or I misunderstood smth and can relax until the mid of July?

Interview invites go out couple of weeks before the deadline and most of them in the last week. So you still have a long wait till mid July. Check previous year threads.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pompeius wrote:
Hi everybody!

n do check ur spam folder
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Attn those who hv been interviewed..
hv any of the interviewers quizzed u on any of these:

the economic situation in france

details about past courses and internships

details about electives n core subjects @ insead

cultural shocks

specific companies u want to wrk with/for post-insead

how will u contribute to insead/specific details of clubs @ insead
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:

No

Quote:

Yes, I talked about how those help my current job

Quote:

No

Quote:
cultural shocks

Yes, I basically said I came here when I was very wrong, beside the initial language barrier, I adapt well

Quote:

Yes, investment bank. Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan

Quote:

No, but we touch on this a little bit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

No

Quote:

Yes, I talked about how those help my current job

Quote:

No

Quote:
cultural shocks

Yes, I basically said I came here when I was very wrong, beside the initial language barrier, I adapt well

Quote:

Yes, investment bank. Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan

Quote:

No, but we touch on this a little bit.

thnks mate..i owe u one:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
riseNshine wrote:
Attn those who hv been interviewed..
hv any of the interviewers quizzed u on any of these:

cultural shocks

I did discuss internships, companies, courses and economic uncertainty in europe
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Folks, Quick question: All recommendations are to be submitted by the app deadline ? Applying for round 2 , 12th June deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
@docks007: Yes indeed. The application is considered complete only when all the relevant documents are submitted, including recommendation letters. Only after that the admissions committee will start evaluation of your app. If the recco is not submitted by 12th June, your app will be considered only for R3.

docks007 wrote:
Folks, Quick question: All recommendations are to be submitted by the app deadline ? Applying for round 2 , 12th June deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
On unrelated topic, if you think getting into to top tier business school is hard (think 9-15% acceptance rate). This is taken straight out of Goldman Sachs 2012 annual report

Quote:
Over the past two years, we have received nearly 300,000 applications. We hired fewer than three percent of our applicants and nearly nine out of 10 people accepted the offer to join Goldman Sachs.
~Lloyd C. Blankfein
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Figured I'd sign up for this forum since I'm going through the gauntlet as well, looks like a lot of people here in the same boat! Finished up both my interviews as well recently, now just waiting to hear the outcome of them...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok folks, so the ball has started to roll!

Application submission date: 26-May-2013 (my second recco was submitted on that date)
Application completion confirmation: 04-June-2013

Docs submitted: essays and details in pdf, a jpg photo, scanned copy of my engineering degree marklist, scanned copy of my engineering degree certificate, scanned copy of my unofficial gmat score, 2 recco letters.

Now, fingers crossed for R2 interview invite...BTW did any R2 applicants get interview calls yet?

satishcoolin wrote:
@ducceus . Thanks mate. This is indeed helpful information. Lets see how it goes :)

ducceus wrote:
satishcoolin wrote:
Hi folks,

Lots of information in this forum, and thanks much to all you folks :-).. I guess its time for me start my bit of sharing.

About me, I am,yet again, an Indian IT engineer (by qualification) - Have 8 years of work ex and am currently managing the Information Security function for a bank in the middle east. Gmat 710, got promoted twice in the bank, set up the security function, cultural secretary in a local community, active in social service and I can speak 5 languages. And yeah, strong recco from my previous boss (he was the DGM heading the department) and a colleague.

I finished the application process on 26th (that's when my second recco was submitted). Now sitting with fingers crossed. I have some specific queries, if any of you can help- it would be great :-)

1. INSEAD website says that they will confirm within 2 weeks if the application is complete - How long does it take in reality?
2. The dead line for interview decision for R2 is 19 July 2013 - When i read the blogs, most people look to have recd their pre-interview and interview decision during the last week. Is this right? or when can we expect the decision process to start for R2?
3. Same question for interview decision as well - INSEAD website talks about 6 weeks for final notification. Again is this an approx time frame or does it really take so much time?
4. It would be great if some of you can post the time frames from date of submission - to first email confirmation - pre-interview confirmation - interview scheduling - to final confirmation letter. ( i am sure this would be helpful for many)

And yeah, i shall also keep you guys posted on my proceedings :-)

Cheers and good luck to all.

Subbu

This is my experience, based on my location, and coordinator. Take it for what it is.

1. 3 days.
2. Approximately less than 1 month, more like 26 days. This is a function of where is your location, who is your coordinator, and your background. If you are Indian IT engineer, expect last minute.
3. Again, Indian IT engineer, expect last minute. Since your group is over represent
4. Again, this is base on my profile

Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview (scheduled)
Day ??: not sure, will update later. admission decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When you guys are saying that "Indian IT engineers are over represented", what exactly do you mean? That there are more Indian applicant vs their "fair share" based on earth population? or that within that pool there are more engineers vs other professions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
How I understand it is that there are A LOT of really smart Indian engineers with great GMAT scores and solid profiles and unfortunately only so many seats in each MBA class that will be made available for this group. Essentially there is WAY more demand than supply for seats in MBA classes from Indian IT engineers and as such the group is over represented.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bjakes wrote:
That there are A LOT of really smart Indian engineers with great GMAT scores and solid profiles and unfortunately only so many seats in each MBA class that will be made available for this group. Essentially there is more demand than supply and as such the group is over represented.

I am just curious what factor actually contributes to this competition more - nationality or profession. or it's a combination of both.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Yes I'd say a combination of both.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@cyberhawk,

Here goes my 0.02$ -> Average INSEAD intake in a year 1000-1100 (lets take the 1100 :) ) -> So each term intake approx 550 students. INSEAD policy states that no nationality should be more than 10%, which means no more than 50-55 Indians (or any individual community) will be accepted in a term.

Generally the number of Competitive Indian applicants (great gmat / GPA etc.) for these 55 seats is much larger than the corresponding number of, say, british / Nigerian guys with similar competitive profiles, applying for their capped 50-55 seats. Thats why we are called "the competitive pool". An if we just look at the applicants within the indian pool, most of the guys with great gmat / gpa would be engineers working in some IT firms - a typical stereotypical profile. That's why Indian engineers (includes all - IT, EEE, ECE, Mech whatever) working in IT industry are skewed more.

So what does this translate into ?

After the interview round lets assume that there are 700 good shortlisted profiles for 550 seats, of which 100 were Indians (lets consider them to be top 100 by ranking), still only 50-55 of them will get admission (the best of the best); the remaining 45-50 guys even though better than the rest of the 600, will get rejected! Because INSEAD cannot have more than 10% of any nationality in their class!!

(of course guys, this can vary and not written on stone; but we can see this to be the high level overview) Hope it helps!!

Now my question is, is this categorization based on nationality or ethincity? Is an indian from India and an American-Indian / Canadian-Indian considered the same? or is an American-Indian considered American??

cyberhawk wrote:
bjakes wrote:
That there are A LOT of really smart Indian engineers with great GMAT scores and solid profiles and unfortunately only so many seats in each MBA class that will be made available for this group. Essentially there is more demand than supply and as such the group is over represented.

I am just curious what factor actually contributes to this competition more - nationality or profession. or it's a combination of both.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts