Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink]
fafelu1 wrote:
mahbahri wrote:
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.

Not sure how you got this info.....this seem skewed........

do not think the number is accurate. otherwise the waitlist does not make any sense. Statistically, we have 50% chance. This is what I get from reading so many threads of the WL of the years.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sunzhilin wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:
mahbahri wrote:
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.

Not sure how you got this info.....this seem skewed........

do not think the number is accurate. otherwise the waitlist does not make any sense. Statistically, we have 50% chance. This is what I get from reading so many threads of the WL of the years.

I will hope you are correct, the 122 seats left accounted for in my argument are based on MBAconnect had a total of 428 students before the start of last week, they admit about 550 students . that leaved 122 seats. now of course the numbers are not perfect for example last year they admitted 560. the 70%-80% yield is taken from advice of the former INSEAD admission director Caroline, also she commented that the waitlist usually is massive and being on the waitlist for round three is not the best of news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
frenchuk wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just heard the news that I am waitlisted as well. I am an R3 applicant.

Profile:

French, 28
5 years in Investment Banking and Private Equity in London
Lived in Canada
3 Languages spoken
GMAT 710

Does anyone know the chances to be accepted when waitlisted? I guess it is harder to be accepted once waitlisted when you are an R3 applicant no?
I am not an active user of these forums but I really really want to go to INSEAD and would appreciate your insights.

Is there anything to do: contact my interviewers? Go to Fonty to demonstrate motivation?

THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED AFTER BEING WAITLISTED, What would you recommend to do?

i was R2 waitlist who accepted, so want to share what i know. here is what you can do
1/ send update email to AC, try to figure area that your career has significantly progressed since your application. take your time to draft, dont rush it through.
2/ told your interviewer you got waitlisted and try to get feedback from them. this is very imp as they may tell you (although indirectly) the weakness in your application/interview. try to address those areas by getting a new third recommendations to AC

Re: frenchuk
i am sure not everyone waitlisted, and i did see quite a few got dinged straight away.

also, my experience is, there is no specific time when AC will get back to you on the decision. i heard from them by phone in just two weeks (exactly 14 days)

good for you guys and hope to see you in campus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For those waitlisted
Key deadlines
Colombia admission ( Early +Jan Intake) 2/Oct - Decision 11 NOV
HEC Paris 15 Aug App Decision 20/Sep
HEC Paris 15 Sep App Decision 18/Oct
HEC Paris 15 Oct App Decision 15/Nov
IMD 1 Aug App Decision 12/Sept
IMD 1 Sep App Decision 13/Oct

That is all the deadlines I know off, for applicants who applied around the time of the round 3 deadlines for INSEAD, so those who got admitted already might have already declined the INSEAD seat , but key dates left around which we can notice some movement on the waitlist is 11 Nov, and 15 Nov in addition to the deposit deadline of 22 Nov. If you know any other deadlines please let us know.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone get accepted to the program from the wait list over the past week?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
INSEAD held its first Welcome Day for the 14D class yesterday in Singapore. I guess the class is pretty much set at this point, except for a few seats that might become available around the tuition payment deadlines. Did any one get off the wait list recently?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hir0ki wrote:
INSEAD held its first Welcome Day for the 14D class yesterday in Singapore. I guess the class is pretty much set at this point, except for a few seats that might become available around the tuition payment deadlines. Did any one get off the wait list recently?

Still waiting :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Based on January 2013's intake, it looks like waitlisted candidates were notified in the second half of November (started Nov 17th I believe) and first half of January.

Has anyone considered withdrawing their application and applying for R2 Sept 2014?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alevan12 wrote:
Based on January 2013's intake, it looks like waitlisted candidates were notified in the second half of November (started Nov 17th I believe) and first half of January.

Has anyone considered withdrawing their application and applying for R2 Sept 2014?

Hi what's your profile? Are you waitlist as well?
If I haven't received any good news before the R2 Sept intake deadline, I'll try to apply for R2.

Because the 2nd installment due date is Nov 25th, I think should be around that date for the final notice.
Jan 6th is on boarding date, I don't think the notification date will be the first half of Jan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlisted R3 applicant. American from New York. Career in event planning.

Although I got the email giving me the option to accept a position on the WL, I did not receive a confirmation email that my decision was noted, as some here apparently have. Has anyone else here have the same experience?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alevan12 wrote:

Although I got the email giving me the option to accept a position on the WL, I did not receive a confirmation email that my decision was noted, as some here apparently have. Has anyone else here have the same experience?

You can call you AO directly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I received a confirmation email. Contact your admissions coordinator.

alevan12 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pre-payment day was yesterday for R3 applicants. Anyone has heard from INSEAD? Let us know if you get accepted...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
frenchuk wrote:
Pre-payment day was yesterday for R3 applicants. Anyone has heard from INSEAD? Let us know if you get accepted...

Hi seems we need to wait until the 2nd installment deadline. Let's say Nov 21st.
Don't worry, at least you have no visa issue if choose Fonty campus
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone hear from your AC? It seems no movement these days. If any waitlist has been admitted, pls claim here. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Have any of you heard back yet? Just a week to go for the Business Foundations course start :-(

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
my AO said no one rejected the offer! not a single person has been taken out of the WL
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts